Pages:
Author

Topic: The rally will eventually end with a dip to at least $5.5K //3K - page 3. (Read 2141 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
Every other BETI > 0 spike has briefly dropped down to the level of the previous peak, so I wouldn't be surprised if we made it down to $1200 (for a few seconds). More interesting is how high we go before we go there =)

How far back does the BETI data go? Is it based on historical Bitstamp data, or is there data that goes back further? I'm curious what sample size we're talking about. If that's really the case based on a decent sample, I'll be tempted to sells some coins to rebuy when the crash happens.

$20,000 to $1200 would be a 94% drop. From $50,000 it would be a 98% drop. We would definitely create a whole new generation of salty bagholders and "bitcoins are tulips" naysayers if that happened. I have my doubts, but you give me some hope that cheap coins aren't gone forever.

Dont worry, its only temporary - a swift bounce to $5K+ will occur and many might not even notice that it went to $3K. It'll be like 'look at those bots that lost their coins last night in that massive hammer candle'

Only $5K? The bounce after the 2013 bubble pop went from $381 - $995. Nearly a 78% fib retracement. I would expect at least a tag of the 61.8% fib before we enter a downtrend.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
I dont know how high it will go but that is how low it will go. Just a humble call made purely via pattern extrapolation. Since you so strongly believe it will not happen, that is exactly why it's going to happen. I have no further arguments.
I don't know whats your basis on this kind of speculation on which no matter how hard do I try to see on the chart and do make some technical analysis I cant really see the thing that it would corrected its price and dip to $3k back which somehow impossible now a days.There are lots of supports I do see which it wont be easily be breakout or do have a continuous oversold but well no one really knows on what would happen on bitcoins price every second on the day which it do really have possibilities on moving its price that we don't really expect to.
Activity: 266
Merit: 222
Deb Rah Von Doom
We were just at $1K-$3K a few months ago and the world wasn't ending - it was quite bullish actually. The $3K dip doesnt require the end of the world. It's just the natural end of the cycle - the counterpart of a parabolic rise - the filling in of the chart on the log chart, just like all times before. It does not require the failure of all exchanges - just lots of lag on one of them. Dont worry, its only temporary - a swift bounce to $5K+ will occur and many might not even notice that it went to $3K. It'll be like 'look at those bots that lost their coins last night in that massive hammer candle'
Activity: 696
Merit: 439
I believe, but first we go much higher and by the 2020 halving we'll be in another bull cycle.
Activity: 126
Merit: 16
Not fully detailed in terms what you want to point out here or your opinion in the price movement of bitcoin to go down all the way as 3,000 $ well I doubt if you see the trend now that possibility of your speculation is low right now. Because bitcoin is a trend if you read about the opinions of Robert Kiyosaki regarding it then you will know what I mean.
Activity: 476
Merit: 124
The OP's speculation could happen maybe if World War 3 broke out, or a massive hack on some of the known exchanges happen, or maybe if Internet is gone, or all the governments across all countries ban bitcoin. But because of the growing popularity and many big investors attracted by bitcoin, once it crashes, it will only bounce back and increase the price further because there are many of us who are waiting for a discounted price of bitcoin, ready to buy the fucking dip.
legendary
Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007
I dont know how high it will go but that is how low it will go. Just a humble call made purely via pattern extrapolation. Since you so strongly believe it will not happen, that is exactly why it's going to happen. I have no further arguments.

You don't have any further arguments? I might have missed your original argument too then!
If you want to make a case for a 70% fall, feel free. There are plenty of reasons you could give, such as Bitfinex being dodgy, or Tether folding, or fees rising too high, or that it is massively overvalued now, or that a better replacement will come along and surpass Bitcoin.

But just saying, it'll fall 70% and that's all I got to say about that is pretty weak.

It will fall but not in that great percentage, Many still believes that btc can goes way high and have no plans of withdrawing it, but foe sure still many will released it but not to that point of up to 70%.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

You don't have any further arguments? I might have missed your original argument too then!
If you want to make a case for a 70% fall, feel free. There are plenty of reasons you could give, such as Bitfinex being dodgy, or Tether folding, or fees rising too high, or that it is massively overvalued now, or that a better replacement will come along and surpass Bitcoin.

But just saying, it'll fall 70% and that's all I got to say about that is pretty weak.
Activity: 476
Merit: 107
Bitcoin cannot be predicted via pattern extrapolation because it follows no pattern for it's price movements but still, I think your call is possible to happen. One advice someone has gave me is to do the opposite of what everyone says because most of the time, they do the opposite. That being said, others also believe that the day when btc will dip hard to at least 3k$ is very likely to happen soon even when everyone says the opposite now.
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

You are vastly underestimating how low it's going to go. By a lot.

So low it'll feel like a 70's Bowie album Wink
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1013
Every other BETI > 0 spike has briefly dropped down to the level of the previous peak, so I wouldn't be surprised if we made it down to $1200 (for a few seconds). More interesting is how high we go before we go there =)
Activity: 630
Merit: 272
i am not going to say it is right or wrong, just two things:

made purely via pattern extrapolation.
these things never work, they there to make traders feel better and when it comes to bitcoin they are there for fun because bitcoin doesn't follow any rules of traditional market.

Since you so strongly believe it will not happen, that is exactly why it's going to happen.
quite the opposite actually!
when majority strongly believe something will happen, that thing will happen. for example we all know the block halving effect comes at least 2 months after it happens. but the price rise starts 2 months before its date because people strongly believe price will rise because of it!
or a more recent example is the SegWit2x cancellation which everyone strongly believed bitcoin cash will rise because of it, and it certainly did.
I think that the cancellation of the segWit2x is a mistake. We still have to do it. My opinion is that the high cost of small transactions and the existing rate of confirmation of transactions is a major drawback of bitcoin. It is impossible to use bitcoin as a Deposit to constantly. Need to develop trade with bitcoins. We do allow bankers to prepare for an attack on bitcoin.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

You could be right, and i think that in the end this rally will end, there will be a bear market for a while before a new round of rallies probably in the years 2020-2021. But your figure of "at least $3k" seems unreasonable for me.

This is no 2013 here. The rally has been going on for way longer than the 1 month it lasted for in 2013, in fact it's been a year since the start of the rally.

This slow yet consistent buildup means that when the crash does come, it won't be as brutal. I doubt it'll go below $4k at all actually.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★

A dip of $3k won't break too many hearts. It is just going down to where we were a month back. What also matters is when this dip occurs. If the retrace is from $20k to $17k, I would care two hoots about it.
The debut of Bitcoin futures should be interesting. Let us see if short-sellers get involved.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
OP, and add this sentence to the title, "Then that will be another opportunity to buy more!". Thanks.

It would be nice of Mr. Market to give some of us another chance to join the ride to the moon. Hehehe.
Oh great! And I just love that. It is OP's point of view but it is funny that people still believe something like this can ever happen. Firstly, the reason he gave for the price to get that low is not even a reasonable one. The fact that people strongly believe that the price will never get that low, is what is making the market matured than it used to be and like you said, most people believe that any little drop now is a chance to quickly buy more, and with that, how can the value ever get to $3000?

If it happens even before then, I would have started buying at every $2000 level drop in value and I can imagine the number of people who are looking forward to moments like this. As far as I am concerned, $3000 is far from it, more like a dream that can never come true and for those who are comparing 2013 to this moment, maybe they really need to know more about MtGox https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Gox
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
It went from 1200 to under 200
It can go from 12000 to under 2000

And if it does, NO, bitcoin isn't dead..
A normal scenario that we all going to enjoy just in case things like this will happen, I know that most of us here are also waiting for much lower value
to place a much bigger entry and just in case for the sake of arguments and it happen and bitcoin falls hard I still believe that many investors will grab
that opportunity and it will quickly bounce back.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
$3k is really a low amount to speculate for a dip, as there are no signs that market could fall to such an extent

No signs like the entire price history of bitcoin doesn't show it happening over and over and over the same way since it's very first pump?
Activity: 687
Merit: 301
Huge dip? Yes there will be one
3k? No, not without some really really bad news. Even if all the governments of the worlds ban bitcoin, it will still be traded.
A price more realistic with the current movements I would say around 7k is the lowest it will go and that is already a long shot in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
It went from 1200 to under 200
It can go from 12000 to under 2000

And if it does, NO, bitcoin isn't dead..
Activity: 144
Merit: 12
BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange
$3k is really a low amount to speculate for a dip, as there are no signs that market could fall to such an extent. Also, according to me this can happen only under one phase if every country boycotts Bitcoin and then making Bitcoin value to very low point like $3k.
Pages:
Jump to: