Pages:
Author

Topic: The Real Reason to Hold Gold And Bitcoin - page 40. (Read 674499 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 253
I think the common reason will be to diversify your investments so that you'll not loose out in your investments long run if one goes wrong. But I don't think Bitcoin will go wrong and likewise gold so they are a good investment.
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
I think both of this is a good idea to keep it,because it is good and better to our investment and and our better future too.If we hold this both of this someday we can gain a high profit.It can be hold because it is important to us .
yes it can be good to keep them but i think the main reason is that people want it and so the demand is increasing where are the supply is decreasing and so there are more chances that the price of bitcoin will also start increasing. and the demand of bitcoin will continue increasing for a long time, because still there are very little number of people know about the importance of bitcoin and therefore they are not using it, but hope that very soon they will start using it when they will become aware about the importance and usefulness of bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Holding for the long term is the safest strategy, but probably not the most porfitable strategy.

If you are willing to take a little risk with short term trading then you can make way better profits with bitcoin than with gold because bitcoin does fluctuate a lot more than gold on a daily basis. $100-200 gains in a day with bitcoin is actually quite common. If you can manage to roughly get your average buy rate under your average sell rate then you are able to make a decent chunk of coinage.

This is only recommended though if you are an experienced trader with at least 5 BTC capital. If not, it's best to as OP said hold bitcoin for the long term as well as some gold, wait for the economic collapse/hyperinflation and you'll be able to liquidate yoru bitcoins for much more.

Gold is very hard to beat, even if bitcoin reaches high prices, and that is due to the fact that bitcoin has an unstable market value and is kind of risky to put a lot of money into (you should only invest money you can afford to lose Wink ), unlike gold which has been around since the dawn of time. Good will always be the superior safe haven asset, because it is stable, but I think it depends on the person, essentially, how long they are willing to wait for their projected growth.
different people have different option. different people choose gold for different purposes, some people like gold to purchase for making jewellery, some people like to trade gold for investment, while other people like to invest money in golf for saving. to me i personally like to invest money in gold for savng but as i lke investment therefore my first choice is trading bitcoin and altcoins.
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
This is very simple to answer, why people hold gold or bitcoin? Answer is that people are willing to make profit from this saving, generally people consider it as saving...
So if you have gold then you can get earn profit by that of gold, in Bitcoin the story is alike, so people always looking forward to making profit from savings...
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
What is the point of holding Gold? Gold is simply hedging out the Sock market. If the stock market does well Gold will stagnate. If a financial crisis hits everyone will buy gold. No point holding Gold until that point in my opinion.
Did anyone who said holding gold is good actually looked at a gold price chart? Gold doesn't even track inflation which means you are loosing money if you invest in gold long term. If you want super safe investing either invest in low yield bonds or peer to peer lending.

Gold is still the primary commodity that backs up most fiat currencies. That means that governments trusts gold still. That dollar in your wallet, that has an equivalent value in the gold reserves in your country. That's how it works and that is why people still believe in gold. Gold might not be profitable in the long run but it is stable as it can be.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
What is the point of holding Gold? Gold is simply hedging out the Sock market. If the stock market does well Gold will stagnate. If a financial crisis hits everyone will buy gold. No point holding Gold until that point in my opinion.
Did anyone who said holding gold is good actually looked at a gold price chart? Gold doesn't even track inflation which means you are loosing money if you invest in gold long term. If you want super safe investing either invest in low yield bonds or peer to peer lending.
Activity: 868
Merit: 257
The real reason is that they have limited supply, and people want them. (people may not want bitcoin in the future btw) People always want gold and they want to gather as much as possible in their lifetime. It is the only solid asset which holds its true value through the centuries.
The real reason why some people hold their bitcoin and gold because there’s a possibility that the price will increase in the near future .Furthermore, Holding is nice strategy if you want to get a high profit. Lastly, bitcoin and gold has a high value in the market so that some people hold it and they wait the right time when the price is rapidly increasing.
Activity: 172
To protect your capital against high inflation taking place in world economy.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
Bitcoin and gold should not be compared. They are different in many aspects. Bitcoin like any other currency runs on faith. There is nothing wrong in that too. All the present currencies be it fiat or virtual have value only because people have faith in them. Regarding that UASF drama. We should wait to see the result.
It is really strange to hear that the price of bitcoin runs on faith. Cheesy How do you establish this faith and how can a faith could increase the price of bitcoin or other currency,we have these scaling drama because it is a decentralized platform and no single entity could take the decision.

Bitcoin or Gold both are best stock in the world as much knowledge. Price is bump and dump will changes consistently, if bitcoin adopted in as technology or in finance wise. We will see bitcoin is like gold in some years as gold. Many banks will start bitcoin to sell for fiats.
Activity: 180
I think both are good investments. Both have huge whales, but so does everything else to be honest. At least with bitcoin whales have no control over total supply and it is fixed.

With gold... what if huge mines are found? or some asteroid once we have advanced technology? that makes me a bit worried for the long term.

I would also rather have people that just bought BTC cheaply because they liked the idea rather than some warlords that stacked tons of gold through centuries.
Actually, there are lot of people who hold their bitcoin and gold because of the price. I think the price of bitcoin and gold will rapidly increase day by day in the near future.Furthermore, holding bitcoin and gold is nice strategy to get a high profit. I hope gold and bitcoin will increase the price in the future.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
Bitcoin and gold should not be compared. They are different in many aspects. Bitcoin like any other currency runs on faith. There is nothing wrong in that too. All the present currencies be it fiat or virtual have value only because people have faith in them. Regarding that UASF drama. We should wait to see the result.
It is really strange to hear that the price of bitcoin runs on faith. Cheesy How do you establish this faith and how can a faith could increase the price of bitcoin or other currency,we have these scaling drama because it is a decentralized platform and no single entity could take the decision.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250

Bitcoin is emerging as the "digital gold". We've seen e-gold and now c-gold trying to do this, but both failed either getting shut down by the government or a lack of popularity because they're not decentralized and ultimately, nobody can prove that they actually hold the gold. Bitcoin solves all these problems.

What problems has bitcoin solved?
Bitcoin is backed by the faith of the users. Don't even start with the math stuff.

If the users abandon bitcoin (worst case scenario) bitcoin would be worthless.
If people stop hoarding gold, gold will still have a value as it still has use in our daily life.

Bitcoin is strong as long a we don't cause ourselves a major f*up.
And the whole core drama is pointing we're damn close.

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun

Bitcoin is emerging as the "digital gold". We've seen e-gold and now c-gold trying to do this, but both failed either getting shut down by the government or a lack of popularity because they're not decentralized and ultimately, nobody can prove that they actually hold the gold. Bitcoin solves all these problems.

What problems has bitcoin solved?
Bitcoin is backed by the faith of the users. Don't even start with the math stuff.

If the users abandon bitcoin (worst case scenario) bitcoin would be worthless.
If people stop hoarding gold, gold will still have a value as it still has use in our daily life.

Bitcoin is strong as long a we don't cause ourselves a major f*up.
And the whole core drama is pointing we're damn close.
Activity: 132
Merit: 10
Holding for the long term is the safest strategy, but probably not the most porfitable strategy.

If you are willing to take a little risk with short term trading then you can make way better profits with bitcoin than with gold because bitcoin does fluctuate a lot more than gold on a daily basis. $100-200 gains in a day with bitcoin is actually quite common. If you can manage to roughly get your average buy rate under your average sell rate then you are able to make a decent chunk of coinage.

This is only recommended though if you are an experienced trader with at least 5 BTC capital. If not, it's best to as OP said hold bitcoin for the long term as well as some gold, wait for the economic collapse/hyperinflation and you'll be able to liquidate yoru bitcoins for much more.

Gold is very hard to beat, even if bitcoin reaches high prices, and that is due to the fact that bitcoin has an unstable market value and is kind of risky to put a lot of money into (you should only invest money you can afford to lose Wink ), unlike gold which has been around since the dawn of time. Good will always be the superior safe haven asset, because it is stable, but I think it depends on the person, essentially, how long they are willing to wait for their projected growth.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Rarity is the real reason why to hold Gold.  And the deflationary feature why to hold Bitcoin.  Both of these feature gives each items an increasing value overtime.  This is enough reason to hold Bitcoin and gold specially to those who is not familiar with day trading.  This will serve as an investment that will give us profit in the long run.
Precisely, the real reason why they hold the gold and bitcoin because it has value that increase day by day. Furthermore, most of people especially keep their bitcoin and gold for a long time because there’s a possibility that the price of bitcoin and gold will rapidly increasing in the near future. Holding bitcoin and gold is a nice strategy you want a high income.
That's how it is guys, both have rarity and  there is not much availability and if that is added its use, all this creates an increase in demand causing an increase in prices, to this it adds what the OP says:  the elites will try to suppress non-state assets, but won't kill them, even when given a chance.  In the long run, this presents something like a one-way bet for these assets, at current prices.
Activity: 896
Merit: 272
OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.
Rarity is the real reason why to hold Gold.  And the deflationary feature why to hold Bitcoin.  Both of these feature gives each items an increasing value overtime.  This is enough reason to hold Bitcoin and gold specially to those who is not familiar with day trading.  This will serve as an investment that will give us profit in the long run.
Precisely, the real reason why they hold the gold and bitcoin because it has value that increase day by day. Furthermore, most of people especially keep their bitcoin and gold for a long time because there’s a possibility that the price of bitcoin and gold will rapidly increasing in the near future. Holding bitcoin and gold is a nice strategy you want a high income.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
Most people keep their bitcoin and gold for the long term, because the price will be very profitable in the future, can be seen now the use of bitcoin is very much, and the market demand for bitcoin continues to increase, and in terms of its use is also very practical can be used where Just as long as it is connected to the internet network, gold is the same thing it can be a very lucrative investment for the long term
Activity: 952
Merit: 513

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531
Completely agree with OP.

Gold and bitcoin in my opinion are all extremely long term and safe bets. They share many similar characteristics as well which i think really makes bitcoin special in a way that no other fiat currency can ever be. For example, the ability for gold and bitcoin to both not be able to abused by power and money hungry politicians to print more of it with close to 0 cost, the trust that they all have in their respective communities, and in bitcoin's case, you can transfer bitcoins across the world with a $2 fee, which is quite high actually compared to normal fee levels but still cheap.

Activity: 588
I think both of this is a good investment. If we hold gold and bitcoin we can earn a good profit, and they have a future. Because gold is its prices is increases and it has maintain its value. While bitcoin has a future and earn good profit. Both of this is a good investment and the price may increase. Both are a value and each have an advantages and benefits and they have a future. Both are a profitable and safe to hold. Both is for our savings and this very exciting investment opportunity. And bitcoin is most popular than gold to people and to investors.
i think gold is not an old concept, people interest is now decreasing there, because there are very little chance to get profit from gold because we can expect a very small chance in the price of gold, therefore i think now people want to invest money in bitcoin, from where they have more chance to make more money depending their investment, experience and knowledge.
Pages:
Jump to: