Pages:
Author

Topic: THE REAL reason why BTC has a slow adoptive rate - page 5. (Read 7064 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
Remember, when you point your finger at someone, three fingers are pointing back at you.

Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

You may break the world record of the fastest newb being added on my ignore list...
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
and probably got told to use "the search feature"

Is it just me or the search function is absolutely useless?
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥

Usually if you start out civilized, it's reciprocated.

sounds good in theory

however, my experience (and others) has been the exact opposite

Sorry to hear yours and others experience in BCT hasn't been the most welcoming.

Just like in life and in general, there's a learning curve.  Not saying you have to read the whole forum line by line, but the longer you're here the more you "ingest".

Everyone here has been a Newbie at some point and probably got told to use "the search feature" or LMGTFY.

I think a big part of that is there used to be a "Newbie hell", where you couldn't post as much, so you'd just have to stick to the Beginners and Newbie section for quite a while until you graduated to Jr. Member.  In a way, I thought Newbie Hell made me read more content and see how Sr. and Hero members conducted and answered questions since they've most likely been there from the beginning.

Hang in there, lighten your tone a little, and keep your posts a little shorter.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

sounds good in theory

Maybe it has nothing to do with your approach, but rather your message.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

sounds good in theory

better everyday ♥
civilized intelligent discussion.

yes because that is the type of discussion that goes on in this forum, right?

If you look hard enough, there's plenty of intelligent topics discussed without mud slinging involved.

I agree with OP, and he continues to be proven right by some of the replies in this thread.

I don't agree with OP, and Noobs continue to not do their due diligence, use the search function, and post quality non flaming threads.

RTFM before you cry a river of ignorant tears.
civilized intelligent discussion.

yes because that is the type of discussion that goes on in this forum, right?
better everyday ♥
I agree with OP, and he continues to be proven right by some of the replies in this thread.

I don't agree with OP, and Noobs continue to not do their due diligence, use the search function, and post quality non flaming threads.

I should clarify. I agree with him in most, but not all cases.

OP needs to change his tone.  He has some points, but chooses to attack and gain attention with barbs, generalizations, and name calling rather than civilized intelligent discussion.
Activity: 605
Merit: 500

I should clarify. I agree with him in most, but not all cases.
Activity: 700
well, i thought about whether or not to roll in the mud and decided 'fuck it'

I agree and disagree.

i'll agree that on a lot, if not all, of the forums I've been on there are some 'established' members that get a bang out of telling the new kids to STFU.  I think that's bullshit, but it's meaningless, par for the course, bullshit that dissipates over time.  On a forum like this, populated by techno-types that often think they're the smartest kid on the block already, maybe/probably that's a bit magnified.

i'll not necessarily agree with the approach of someone poking them in the eye intentionally and then waving one's hands in the air in surprise when the response is what it predictably is.

Don't get me wrong, if people want to fight, i don't care.  If people want to troll, I don't care.  If someone is all pissed off and wants to start a thread bitching about it I still don't care.  

I'm all about people just letting fly, although if the intent is to promote goodwill, stabbing people in the eye with a fork ain't gonna get it done.  Making sensible posts over the course of a month or more will further that cause much more effectively, IMO.

With that said, y'all rock on.....

better everyday ♥

Activity: 605
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
Xenophobia?  Maybe by the general populace, not by the bitcoin community.

But mostly I think it just needs better security and more user-friendliness
to see faster and wider adoption.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
op has a point. all these self-proclaimed early adopters (aka bag holders who bought at $700) who think they are entitled to get the money of the stupid, uneducated masses are certainly not the best ambassadors for bitcoin. ladies, you want something from the average joe, he doesn't want anything from you. so telling him to fuck of whenever he shows the slightest interest in your funny online money is just wrong.
And who IRL lives like this?

if you travel and go to a new town, do you NOT ask for directions because you are expected to read every book from the chamber of commerce, Google Maps, City, County and State laws, Restaurant reviews - etc

cmon

PEOPLE ASK QUESTIONS

be a helpful human being -- or go back to your troll cave

but don't attack people for not knowing...because there was a time when you didn't know either.

YES YOU are responsible for slow BTC growth...but you are too proud and ignorant to realize it
Again,

Many people (the average person) has a real life, real family, real friends and a real job or business.

To expect a new person filter through more than just the basics (and to believe that person should learn simply by reading and NEVER asking questions or processing) shows the failure humanity is moving towards at breakneck speed.

Mining
Trading
Exchanges
Speculating
Pooling
Contracts
Etc, etc

Should a person be expertly versed IN EVERY aspect before asking a question?

Considering the average person on the internet does not know the difference between a Kb and Mb and Gb....do you REALLY think they should understand Mh/s vs Th/s and how that relates to the fluctuating market?

Seriously?

come on...

the arrogance of such thinking is beyond xenophobia...
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Ah that is why we had a newbie hell a while ago to force people to look things up but Theymos got rid of that so you could connect with the people, we all still run under the assumption that the newbies pick up the knowledge not have it handed to them on a silver spoon Smiley.
Pages:
Jump to: