Pages:
Author

Topic: The Real War on Women... - page 2. (Read 12383 times)

Activity: 161
Merit: 100
January 16, 2015, 08:07:05 PM
This isn't in a western country so no one will cry about it.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
January 16, 2015, 11:45:46 AM

Video: Islamic State Saudi Arabia Publicly Beheads Woman Accused Of Murder…

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b89_1421360015

Edit: Is she screaming "Injustice"? Can someone confirm.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
January 16, 2015, 11:44:28 AM
If the Democrats could stop consider women as weak, stupid and in need of rescue...THAT'D BE GREAT!
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
January 16, 2015, 11:35:09 AM

Activity: 675
December 13, 2014, 05:28:59 AM
We should find out what really happens after a month.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
December 11, 2014, 03:32:48 PM

Afghanistan In Midst Of National Crisis After Woman Walks Around Kabul With Her Bare Legs Showing…

Here’s the mystery woman who ditched her burqa in Afghanistan and sauntered around Kabul with her legs showing — stunning onlookers and scandalizing the country’s mullahs.

“I was shocked,’’ the man who took the photo, local journalist Hayat Ensafi, told the BBC.

“I know I had to catch this special moment because I never saw a woman here walking down the streets like this.’’

He tried to talk to her, “but she walked very fast and didn’t talk to me at all.’’

He posted the shot on Facebook and it has gone viral.

“The whole city of Kabul is shocked,’’ he told the British network. [..]

“We are living in a Muslim country and we can’t bear such people like she is,” wrote a user named Ahmad.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/11/afghan-woman-shocks-onlookers-by-baring-her-legs/

----------------------------------------------
She is maybe suicidal?

November 29, 2014, 06:01:26 PM
The real war on women happens in the USA too with the Democrats pushing laws that makes it less interesting and more costly for companies to hire women while creating retaliation from men

You meant the republicans whose laws push women to be stoned to death in public?

Obama hates women and think they are weak so they have to be protected

Men and Women are different, they are educated differently and most the differences we see come from the natural difference between men and women or the different education received

Evolution has probably made men and women different as well because they had to use different ways to survive

Women can do a lot of things I can never do. My mother is my role model, so are my two sisters.

It is sad to equate free birth control or a better representation of females in Silicon Valley to females being stoned to death by their own brothers in Korangal Valley.

Not implying this is the case with you, but obviously the case with many here on this thread...

Women don't need to be protected by politicians and there is no women that is working that has a problem to pay for her birth control, it's not a problem of any women.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
November 28, 2014, 12:14:29 PM

POP babe Beyoncé sparked fury last night when she donned an Islamic-style veil in her latest video.

The megastar was seen sporting the niqab in the promo for her Superpower duet with Frank Ocean, 27.

But religious activists accused her of disrespecting Islam by pairing the headgear with a flesh-flashing outfit.

Now she has started a fresh storm with Twitter user Karesa Warner saying: “Dear Beyonce: Do you think you’re going to get away with wearing a version of Islamic head-dress, niqab, while promoting your Demonic music?”

Dina added: “Quoting our holy Quran and dressing in a niqab isn’t a fashion statement you dumb beyonce.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/412267/Beyonce-veil-wail-Fury-at-singer-s-Muslim-outfit

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
November 07, 2014, 08:14:38 PM
The real war on women happens in the USA too with the Democrats pushing laws that makes it less interesting and more costly for companies to hire women while creating retaliation from men

You meant the republicans whose laws push women to be stoned to death in public?

Men and Women are different, they are educated differently and most the differences we see come from the natural difference between men and women or the different education received

Evolution has probably made men and women different as well because they had to use different ways to survive

Women can do a lot of things I can never do. My mother is my role model, so are my two sisters.

It is sad to equate free birth control or a better representation of females in Silicon Valley to females being stoned to death by their own brothers in Korangal Valley.

Not implying this is the case with you, but obviously the case with many here on this thread...

November 07, 2014, 03:48:16 PM

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
November 05, 2014, 06:49:48 PM

November 05, 2014, 04:24:29 PM
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
November 03, 2014, 11:07:18 AM

'I have to check her teeth': Footage shows ISIS fighters attending slave girl 'market' where they barter for young women... with green-eyed teens fetching the highest price

A video has emerged purporting to show Islamic State fighters bartering over Yazidi women at a slave girl ‘market’.

Recently, the terror organisation boasted of enslaving women from the Iraqi ethnic minority and the men appearing in the clip explain it is ‘slave market day’.

The clip shows the men negotiating the price of the women, with blue and green-eyed young girls fetching a higher price.

The men laugh and another says: ‘Today is the day of (female) slaves and we should have our share.’

At this point, the bartering begins after a seller is found, who says he is happy to sell his slave for a Glock pistol.

Sellers offer prices, with one going as high as five banknotes – which subtitles on the clip explaining that one banknote is probably the equivalent of 100 dollars.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2818598/Footage-shows-ISIS-fighters-attending-slave-girl-market.html

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
November 02, 2014, 02:09:58 PM

Showing the face of this side of extremism and what it does to defenseless women is what this thread is about. I don't believe their faces should be forgotten. If no more of those abuses happen then... This thread will naturally fade to black...

Sadly my game theory is not too positive about this outcome. I am sure we will go back and forth for my next post. Always an abuse on the horizon...

Sure, keep on showing what this extremism is capable of. I'm just asking you to keep in mind not only that it is just that, but also who is helping keep it in power.

I was and I will. Thank you for participating.

legendary
Activity: 1135
November 01, 2014, 09:28:38 PM

Showing the face of this side of extremism and what it does to defenseless women is what this thread is about. I don't believe their faces should be forgotten. If no more of those abuses happen then... This thread will naturally fade to black...

Sadly my game theory is not too positive about this outcome. I am sure we will go back and forth for my next post. Always an abuse on the horizon...

Sure, keep on showing what this extremism is capable of. I'm just asking you to keep in mind not only that it is just that, but also who is helping keep it in power.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
November 01, 2014, 07:29:42 PM

So the context is: the type of violence I am highlighting here on this thread happens because of countries that (sort of) protect women's rights at home, while sacrificing them for power and influence abroad.... are what? Responsible? Do not do enough to help the condition of those women? Maybe the countries that (sort of) protect women should invade those that do not and impose their views?

We agree it is better for any women to live in a country that (sort of) protect women's right than a country that does not. Feminists should agree with that too and yet do nothing and do not speak up.

How old is the US as a country? 238 years. Let's add (approximately) the old european empires and their colonization/influences upon other countries. 300 years? Nah. let's push it back to 500 years in the past to be sure. I really do not have the historical evidence they were responsible for the brutality we all can see here right now BUT... Let me help you arguing against me  Wink

Slavery and torture were the old evil empires' favorite tools among other things to impose their religion and economical straitjacket. The countries that were invaded for centuries, like traumatized children, are stuck into repeating the abuses they went through, generations after generations. But only to their own female population of course. We, all of us, should blame the old empires and the US for their (sort of?) violence on women now. Not their own women as they are (sort of) protected. This is why I am wrong as I could not see the bigger picture. These men are not responsible for burying their wives, sisters, daughters alive and stone them to death in 2014. The foreigners who invaded them 300, 400, 500, (600?, 700?) years ago are the real culprits.

Yeah.. I think I got the context right this time  Roll Eyes

p.s.:  I usually turn blue when arguing against myself for some weird reason Smiley

See what I mean when I say you didn't read the other posts and just dismissed them outright? You don't need to go back a thousand years. It has been repeatedly pointed out to you in this thread that one of the main problems is the support of extremist fanatics against secular forces all throughout the region by the western powers. If you disenfranchise and persecute the moderate people in the region, and then put in power extremists, who are only there to keep the population under control and siphon the resources out, what do you expect the results to be?

ps: avoid getting blue by not arguing against yourself, and instead learning about the topics you care about. Tongue

legendary
Activity: 1135
November 01, 2014, 06:42:16 PM

So the context is: the type of violence I am highlighting here on this thread happens because of countries that (sort of) protect women's rights at home, while sacrificing them for power and influence abroad.... are what? Responsible? Do not do enough to help the condition of those women? Maybe the countries that (sort of) protect women should invade those that do not and impose their views?

We agree it is better for any women to live in a country that (sort of) protect women's right than a country that does not. Feminists should agree with that too and yet do nothing and do not speak up.

How old is the US as a country? 238 years. Let's add (approximately) the old european empires and their colonization/influences upon other countries. 300 years? Nah. let's push it back to 500 years in the past to be sure. I really do not have the historical evidence they were responsible for the brutality we all can see here right now BUT... Let me help you arguing against me  Wink

Slavery and torture were the old evil empires' favorite tools among other things to impose their religion and economical straitjacket. The countries that were invaded for centuries, like traumatized children, are stuck into repeating the abuses they went through, generations after generations. But only to their own female population of course. We, all of us, should blame the old empires and the US for their (sort of?) violence on women now. Not their own women as they are (sort of) protected. This is why I am wrong as I could not see the bigger picture. These men are not responsible for burying their wives, sisters, daughters alive and stone them to death in 2014. The foreigners who invaded them 300, 400, 500, (600?, 700?) years ago are the real culprits.

Yeah.. I think I got the context right this time  Roll Eyes

p.s.:  I usually turn blue when arguing against myself for some weird reason Smiley

See what I mean when I say you didn't read the other posts and just dismissed them outright? You don't need to go back a thousand years. It has been repeatedly pointed out to you in this thread that one of the main problems is the support of extremist fanatics against secular forces all throughout the region by the western powers. If you disenfranchise and persecute the moderate people in the region, and then put in power extremists, who are only there to keep the population under control and siphon the resources out, what do you expect the results to be?

ps: avoid getting blue by not arguing against yourself, and instead learning about the topics you care about. Tongue
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
November 01, 2014, 03:07:53 PM
I was hoping some of the more passionate feminists would join. Alas so far mostly people who do not see anything wrong with this situation are attracted to this thread. No matter, their position should be seen by all.

It's not that people see nothing wrong with the situation, but rather that they see something wrong with your framing of it. That seems obvious from the replies so far. Maybe if you actually read the replies instead of dismissing them, and tried to look at the context in which this happens you'd see the problem.

I did not know there were a good context for violence against women. I learn something new everyday...

There you go again, distorting and dismissing what is being said because it's not what you want to hear. Again, no one here is advocating for violence against women. But you're not really helping them as much as you think you are if you ignore the context in which this happens. You know, countries that (sort of) protect women's rights at home, while sacrificing them for power and influence abroad.

How old is the US as a country? 238 years. Let's add (approximately) the old european empires and their colonization/influences upon other countries. 300 years? Nah. let's push it back to 500 years in the past to be sure. I really do not have the historical evidence they were responsible for the brutality we all can see here right now BUT... Let me help you arguing against me  Wink

Yeah.. I think I got the context right this time  Roll Eyes

p.s.:  I usually turn blue when arguing against myself for some weird reason Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: