Pages:
Author

Topic: The Real War on Women... - page 3. (Read 12383 times)

legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
November 01, 2014, 12:10:01 AM
I was hoping some of the more passionate feminists would join. Alas so far mostly people who do not see anything wrong with this situation are attracted to this thread. No matter, their position should be seen by all.

It's not that people see nothing wrong with the situation, but rather that they see something wrong with your framing of it. That seems obvious from the replies so far. Maybe if you actually read the replies instead of dismissing them, and tried to look at the context in which this happens you'd see the problem.

I did not know there were a good context for violence against women. I learn something new everyday...

There you go again, distorting and dismissing what is being said because it's not what you want to hear. Again, no one here is advocating for violence against women. But you're not really helping them as much as you think you are if you ignore the context in which this happens. You know, countries that (sort of) protect women's rights at home, while sacrificing them for power and influence abroad.
legendary
Activity: 1176
minds.com/Wilikon
October 31, 2014, 10:35:59 AM
I was hoping some of the more passionate feminists would join. Alas so far mostly people who do not see anything wrong with this situation are attracted to this thread. No matter, their position should be seen by all.

It's not that people see nothing wrong with the situation, but rather that they see something wrong with your framing of it. That seems obvious from the replies so far. Maybe if you actually read the replies instead of dismissing them, and tried to look at the context in which this happens you'd see the problem.

I did not know there were a good context for violence against women. I learn something new everyday...

legendary
Activity: 1135
October 30, 2014, 07:35:12 PM

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
October 30, 2014, 02:50:47 PM
Wilikon seems to have a hard-on for this shit! kinda creepy.

Very creepy.   Also ridiculous to think posting racist rants on  bulletin board will somehow help women.  It's just dumb.  Willikon - why did you say that women can't drive in Iran?   You are clueless, proven wrong, but keep going anyway.    Don't you think you should read up on the facts before you talk?

The sad thing about this thread is I will have more examples posted, over and over and over again through the years. This situation existed way before I was born and will still exist way after my natural demise. I was hoping some of the more passionate feminists would join. Alas so far mostly people who do not see anything wrong with this situation are attracted to this thread. No matter, their position should be seen by all.

Stay tuned and thank you again for participating, rastaman and others. I welcome your input.

But why should anyone be surprised on how some of us feel passionate about a thread called "The Real War on Women"?
A lot of those women are going through honor killings by their own family members. I really do not know why. Does honor killing only target girls and women? Does anyone know? rastaman do you know? I am guessing you are a male. What is your position regarding this disparity? Should more males be targeted by honor killings to balance the numbers?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/05/28/in-pakistan-honor-killings-claim-1000-womens-lives-annually-why-is-this-still-happening/

Activity: 526
Merit: 500
October 30, 2014, 12:17:58 PM

Very creepy.   Also ridiculous to think posting racist rants on  bulletin board will somehow help women.  It's just dumb.  Willikon - why did you say that women can't drive in Iran?   You are clueless, proven wrong, but keep going anyway.    Don't you think you should read up on the facts before you talk?
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
October 29, 2014, 11:10:32 PM

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.

According to some research, the projection of one's negative qualities onto others is a common process in everyday life...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
You to need to seek professional help. I do not delete any comments so hopefully a doctor here can read your posts and help you in private. Good luck.

Activity: 743
Merit: 502
October 29, 2014, 05:18:50 PM
I guess the rope they used to hang that poor woman in Iran was made in USA.... The rocks for stoning were purchased at Home Depot... Roll Eyes

Who kills more women - the USA or Iran?   You are the pot calling the kettle black.  That is the point.
Our government doesn't kill woman for adultery, Iran does.

Women have it bad in Iraq but men have it even worse. I don't really see the logic behind complaining about the poor living conditions of women rather than the poor living coditions of people.
Why do men have it worse than women in Iraq?

Do not expect any answers...  Cool

Why? because any man between the ages of 12 to like 80 is considered an enemy combatant. That's why you retard.
Activity: 743
Merit: 502
October 29, 2014, 05:17:54 PM
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
October 28, 2014, 08:36:44 PM
I guess the rope they used to hang that poor woman in Iran was made in USA.... The rocks for stoning were purchased at Home Depot... Roll Eyes

Who kills more women - the USA or Iran?   You are the pot calling the kettle black.  That is the point.

Women have it bad in Iraq but men have it even worse. I don't really see the logic behind complaining about the poor living conditions of women rather than the poor living coditions of people.

Do not expect any answers...  Cool

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
October 28, 2014, 07:53:59 PM

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
October 28, 2014, 07:43:27 PM
Are you a feminist? Are you fighting against the patriarchy? All those numbers you are asking are easy to find using a Google search. I am not going to do your homework. You are free to call me anything you want and whatever you want.

Spouting racism on the internet isn't exactly "fighting against the patriarchy", in any way.   The kind of crap you say is constantly used by your own government to kill more women abroad.   Real feminists understand that war is worst for at risk groups, like women, and don't go around inciting hatred.   You really don't know what you are talking about - saying women in Iran can't drive for example - yet you talk, and talk.   You are a racist masquerading as a feminist basically.

You claim to care about women getting the death penalty and being executed , except you don't care about the women executed by your state.   Roll Eyes

Not to even mention all the women your country bombs to pieces, year after year, just to keep your bankrupt country going.

If you only knew how much damage the West's meddling has done to women and everyone else in these regions, you wouldn't be so quick to judge.   Think about it, if you weren't seen as a nation of invading murderers by so many of these people you bring up, you would have a much better chance at influencing their behaviours towards women etc.   Instead you show the world that USA will do business with the worst human rights offenders, so long as it's profitable.    Good luck exporting those "values" my friend.

If I only knew.. Still waiting with more than your words...

Why don't you share with us all those statistics. Links? Again anything you want to say to me or the world. This is your opportunity. I will never edit your post. I welcome the time you spend with me instead of with your loved ones. I do appreciate it.

Unless, just like the Saudis with the U.S., you need my 'pressure' to help you do your homework?

Cheesy

October 28, 2014, 07:32:31 PM
Are you a feminist? Are you fighting against the patriarchy? All those numbers you are asking are easy to find using a Google search. I am not going to do your homework. You are free to call me anything you want and whatever you want.

Spouting racism on the internet isn't exactly "fighting against the patriarchy", in any way.   The kind of crap you say is constantly used by your own government to kill more women abroad.   Real feminists understand that war is worst for at risk groups, like women, and don't go around inciting hatred.   You really don't know what you are talking about - saying women in Iran can't drive for example - yet you talk, and talk.   You are a racist masquerading as a feminist basically.

You claim to care about women getting the death penalty and being executed , except you don't care about the women executed by your state.   Roll Eyes

Not to even mention all the women your country bombs to pieces, year after year, just to keep your bankrupt country going.

If you only knew how much damage the West's meddling has done to women and everyone else in these regions, you wouldn't be so quick to judge.   Think about it, if you weren't seen as a nation of invading murderers by so many of these people you bring up, you would have a much better chance at influencing their behaviours towards women etc.   Instead you show the world that USA will do business with the worst human rights offenders, so long as it's profitable.    Good luck exporting those "values" my friend.

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
October 28, 2014, 07:05:22 PM
Who kills more women - the USA or Iran?   You are the pot calling the kettle black.  That is the point.

I am sure more women are dying in the US than iran from car crashes as they do have the right to drive here...

Women in the US can even drink beer from a pot or a black kettle too if they feel like it  Cool

You should familiarize yourself with the facts before you engage in your keyboard activism.    The US's ally Saudi Arabia is the place in the world where women aren't allowed to drive and many other such laws.    Women of course can drive in Iran, as well as many other things that your allies don't allow women.    Again, the Saudi people are not the Saudi regime - who are the ones institutionalizing this oppression.   Your country has always backed the tyrannical regime there, because you need their oil.   The women are just collateral damage from your point of view.   If you wanted to help, you would single out the tyrants, rather than spout off ignorant / racist crap against entire cultures.   Deal with your own house.    And answer the question - which government kills more women each year, Iran or USA.   Bonus - quantify the amount of people each government kills in cold blood.

As long as you reply to my thread I am happy my brother from another keyboard mother...

Grin

October 28, 2014, 06:23:38 PM
Who kills more women - the USA or Iran?   You are the pot calling the kettle black.  That is the point.

I am sure more women are dying in the US than iran from car crashes as they do have the right to drive here...

Women in the US can even drink beer from a pot or a black kettle too if they feel like it  Cool

You should familiarize yourself with the facts before you engage in your keyboard activism.    The US's ally Saudi Arabia is the place in the world where women aren't allowed to drive and many other such laws.    Women of course can drive in Iran, as well as many other things that your allies don't allow women.    Again, the Saudi people are not the Saudi regime - who are the ones institutionalizing this oppression.   Your country has always backed the tyrannical regime there, because you need their oil.   The women are just collateral damage from your point of view.   If you wanted to help, you would single out the tyrants, rather than spout off ignorant / racist crap against entire cultures.   Deal with your own house.    And answer the question - which government kills more women each year, Iran or USA.   Bonus - quantify the amount of people each government kills in cold blood.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
October 28, 2014, 06:02:38 PM

The death penalty is cruel and wrong and should be abolished world wide.  Starting with the worst offending country: USA.   The women in Iran was found guilty of murder, Iran like the US has the death penalty.   The difference is they use it FAR less than the U.S. does, who's shown they are not above executing mentally retarded people even.   USA's such a notorious killer that the world refuses to sell them the lethal injection drugs, knowing they are executing many innocent people.

And their dumb citizens dare criticize countries they couldn't find on the map.  

Women in the US can even drink beer from a pot or a black kettle too if they feel like it  Cool

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
October 28, 2014, 05:51:19 PM
I get it. The feminists are right to ignore those women. That is your position?  Roll Eyes

His position seems to be more like, "that's what happens when you support and arm every fanatic in the region to get rid of secular forces, so you can control the region". And I would add, what feminists should be doing is refusing to further exploit these women's suffering to keep the war machine and empire building going. Instead, by all means, condemn these practices, but above all recognize and criticize one of the main reasons why they still happen.

Well said.  Consider that the U.S.'s main ally in the region, after Israel, is Saudi Arabia - the worst regime on the planet when it comes to human rights.   If they weren't so addicted to their oil, the U.S. could put some pressure on Saudi Arabia in the form of threatening to cut of the military aid, if they refuse to allow their citizens human rights.    But I don't see anything like that happening.  I just see the U.S. enabling these human rights violators by continuing to give/sell them weapons and do business as usual.    Not all muslim countries are the same, in terms of human rights by the way. Wili:  Rally against the oppressive regimes not the people who simply follow a different religion than you.  It's pretty easy to spot fake concern for human rights when it's nothing more than islamophobic ignorance.

All those women started to die after the creation of the United States? Was it when there were 13 States? 31 States? 49 States maybe?

Sure the UN and the US never spend much time publicly denouncing saudi arabia abusing their own citizen. I am sure it is oil related.

The part I don't get is why is it that the saudis would need a foreign pressure, from the US no less, to stop abusing their own brothers and, in this case, sisters? Are you saying it is a concept unknown to them and they cannot stop on their own? I believe you should give them a little bit more credits for their capacity of self realization without a US help. I don't believe it is an unattainable dream... do you?

Unless YOU believe all muslim countries are the same and can only be pressured from the US or ANY foreigners to stop abusing their own blood. Now who is the one showing his/her islamophobic ignorance? 

Wink

October 28, 2014, 04:25:37 PM

The death penalty is cruel and wrong and should be abolished world wide.  Starting with the worst offending country: USA.   The women in Iran was found guilty of murder, Iran like the US has the death penalty.   The difference is they use it FAR less than the U.S. does, who's shown they are not above executing mentally retarded people even.   USA's such a notorious killer that the world refuses to sell them the lethal injection drugs, knowing they are executing many innocent people.

And their dumb citizens dare criticize countries they couldn't find on the map.  

October 28, 2014, 04:19:49 PM
I get it. The feminists are right to ignore those women. That is your position?  Roll Eyes

His position seems to be more like, "that's what happens when you support and arm every fanatic in the region to get rid of secular forces, so you can control the region". And I would add, what feminists should be doing is refusing to further exploit these women's suffering to keep the war machine and empire building going. Instead, by all means, condemn these practices, but above all recognize and criticize one of the main reasons why they still happen.

Well said.  Consider that the U.S.'s main ally in the region, after Israel, is Saudi Arabia - the worst regime on the planet when it comes to human rights.   If they weren't so addicted to their oil, the U.S. could put some pressure on Saudi Arabia in the form of threatening to cut of the military aid, if they refuse to allow their citizens human rights.    But I don't see anything like that happening.  I just see the U.S. enabling these human rights violators by continuing to give/sell them weapons and do business as usual.    Not all muslim countries are the same, in terms of human rights by the way. Wili:  Rally against the oppressive regimes not the people who simply follow a different religion than you.  It's pretty easy to spot fake concern for human rights when it's nothing more than islamophobic ignorance.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
October 28, 2014, 03:33:27 AM

The feminists from the West (I am guessing all feminists are from the West anyway) are too busy fighting against the 'patriarchy'. You do not have to worry about them  'exploiting' the public stoning of their sisters to push the agenda of Lockheed Martin or Northrop Grumman.

All those women were killed by weapons from the West's War Machine?

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
October 28, 2014, 12:51:22 AM

Pages:
Jump to: