Pages:
Author

Topic: The reason to hodl bitcoin - page 5. (Read 802 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 11
August 26, 2021, 02:27:15 PM
Here's a simple reason that I believe is why I am still hodling bitcoin, it's because what I have today might be double or even triple in months if not years or it could also be years plus it's a good way to make your money grow, having nothing to do with it, you can let it stay there for a long period of time and hopefully expect it to go up.
You are also missing the part that BTC doesn't shed it's skin like other projects who later change chain a year or two later, BTC will remain BTC with zero worries of changing smart contract like many altcoins, I've lost some money this way.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1171
August 26, 2021, 02:26:36 PM
Im am not a financial advisor, I was using Ripple as an example, obviously if you dont have the money to diversify your portfolio, dont! But if you do have the extra money, its a great choice.

I agree, and it's something we can't deny! Even people who entered XRP in the early days are harvesting profits, so it's about timing as well! Many coins and tokens have a lot higher prices than in their beginnings, the projects are being developed, and some of them are really great, it's something that is visible, they are making progress and from time to time many coins hit new prices records!

I can't say that I am an advisor at all, I had many good and bad hits, I am just an ordinary guy trying out things around! And it's how I learn, I paid my school that's for sure... but we can't be blind and not see many good projects around with great potential!
Activity: 3038
Merit: 969
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 26, 2021, 02:19:33 PM
The biggest reason to HODL BTC is the supply and demand logic associated with it which has been proven to be true on multiple occasions over time.

There are many other reasons to HODL BTC in the long-term, but very few actually have the patience and the willpower to HODL for a long period of time.

If this weren't the case, we would have observed so many early crypto investors becoming millionaires or billionaires after the crazy rallies in recent times. However, only a handful of investors managed to become rich in this manner.
Activity: 189
Merit: 52
In a world of coins, use them.
August 26, 2021, 02:18:32 PM
Im am not a financial advisor, I was using Ripple as an example, obviously if you dont have the money to diversify your portfolio, dont! But if you do have the extra money, its a great choice.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 325
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 26, 2021, 02:17:24 PM
The reason is that I hold Bitcoin in the long term, because its volatility provides the possibility of achieving huge profits in the future, in addition to its decentralization feature and the speed of transactions resulting from it. But we must also realize that there are risks involved in holding Bitcoin, so everyone should educate himself and study the market well before investing
Volatility could go either way remember, it might go up in the future but it can also go the other way which is the worst thing that can ever happen to bitcoin market and it's investors but given the popularity of bitcoin right now and the continuous investment of big companies, I think that we are going towards a much better future in terms of the prices. For me, the only reason for hodling bitcoin is the appreciation of the asset overtime which most investment does.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1343
August 26, 2021, 01:40:30 PM
The reason is that I hold Bitcoin in the long term, because its volatility provides the possibility of achieving huge profits in the future, in addition to its decentralization feature and the speed of transactions resulting from it. But we must also realize that there are risks involved in holding Bitcoin, so everyone should educate himself and study the market well before investing
Activity: 2562
Merit: 659
Dimon6969
August 26, 2021, 01:31:59 PM
Every open-minded people holds Bitcoin now. Every day new establishments are embracing cryptocurrency and added as the payment option in their store. Another thing, Bitcoin is like a virtual asset that grows faster than gold. I think there is no reason for not hodl bitcoin.
Those who doubt bitcoin before possibly have their bitcoin now. The price and how adoption happens to prove BTC I have seen the huge pump of crypto from how much it is when I started to use it. It really comes along way now that gives comfortability to others as were anle to get profit by juat waiting or hold. Im still mad for the fact I sell some of my BTC beforre but glad I was able to trade using the profit from it. Indeed in crypto as well BTC much adoption happens and soon more institutions can make the price higher along with new projects that are too popular now.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 26, 2021, 01:23:14 PM
Let me revise what a said, Investing in crypto is a great idea, but whats NOT a good idea is to put all of your investment money into one coin. If you put all of your money into Ripple and it drops, thats alot of money lost, but If you put %20 of your investment into ripple and the other money into other coins, its a safety net that saves you from losing all of your investment money.
If you don't have a lot of capital, you can easily choose not to diversify your portfolio and why not just go for bitcoin, it's better and it's proven to go up. That's a dumbass move if you put your money in Ripple if you know that there's better option. Diversification is only good if you have the money that is enough for you to move to different crypto.
Activity: 951
Merit: 250
August 26, 2021, 01:00:50 PM
Every open-minded people holds Bitcoin now. Every day new establishments are embracing cryptocurrency and added as the payment option in their store. Another thing, Bitcoin is like a virtual asset that grows faster than gold. I think there is no reason for not hodl bitcoin.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 255
August 26, 2021, 11:16:58 AM
I think that investing in crypto is one of the best decisions that a person could make with their money. The return will be massive.

To be successful and get big profits from crypto investments, of course, it takes big capital and patience, as we know that crypto can go up hundreds of percent in a short time but crypto also has risks, namely falling tens of percent in a day is normal, the point is we always put money in multiple places and never rely on one place like crypto.
August 26, 2021, 12:36:12 PM
Let me revise what a said, Investing in crypto is a great idea, but whats NOT a good idea is to put all of your investment money into one coin. If you put all of your money into Ripple and it drops, thats alot of money lost, but If you put %20 of your investment into ripple and the other money into other coins, its a safety net that saves you from losing all of your investment money.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
'Life's but a walking shadow'!
August 26, 2021, 12:09:01 PM
I think that investing in crypto is one of the best decisions that a person could make with their money. The return will be massive.
It could be a good decision, but for some it turned out to be a pretty bad choice, it all depends on how and why you invest, if you put all your money in crypto, by extension investing far more than you can afford to lose, then it could prolly be a bad decision for you in the end, also if you invest without acquiring sufficient knowledge of the network, it could as well be a bad decision.

Having said that, another thing worthy of being understood is that Bitcoin is not a get rich quick scheme, thus one should not invest and immediately start expecting returns, except if you invest in pump and dump coins and carry the risk of either profiting out of luck, or losing your funds outrightly, but if you invest in Bitcoin, you must be patient and know that it is a long term project, with returns prolly coming at a later time as well.
August 26, 2021, 11:40:56 AM
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
August 26, 2021, 10:14:08 AM
I know why you say things like that because indeed we can see for ourselves that Bitcoin continues to increase from year to year,
Of course not all coins can experience that and when we miss the opportunity to make a profit maybe we will regret it

It is the exact same reason why I am holding. If I would be selling my coins today then I am afraid to miss out on the nest big rally. I mean bitcoins had such a great run since 2020, why should we reward the success of bitcoins with selling them? I am hoping for more people to start using bitcoins. My dream would be to go to store and see most people paying with bitcoins. That is why I will keep holding my coins.

It was really starting now because there are just a few shops that accept bitcoin as a form of payment, but I mostly saw this in other countries. Here in our countries, I heard some news that there are some stores accepting it, but that was about a year ago, and I'm not sure if they're still open now. This could be bitcoin's future. Having a bitcoin is great; you will make a lot of money if this is successful in the coming years.
Some had accepted already but some also had stopped due to some losses. The volatility of the market is really hard to deal with and possible big losses to the establishments when the price went down. Like from $50k to$30k, I could be crazy how to manage myself losing almost a half from accepting Bitcoin. Maybe if I have huge backup capital to top up my losses, I would still continue but if there is none, that is a big problem to face. 
Activity: 2352
Merit: 593
August 26, 2021, 09:48:07 AM
Only one reason I believe in, and that's the bitcoin price will continue to go up in the future and I don't want to be missing out on the possibility that bitcoin is going to be at that point and I don't get any profit from it. Pretty simple reason for hodling.
I know why you say things like that because indeed we can see for ourselves that Bitcoin continues to increase from year to year,
Of course not all coins can experience that and when we miss the opportunity to make a profit maybe we will regret it

It is the exact same reason why I am holding. If I would be selling my coins today then I am afraid to miss out on the nest big rally. I mean bitcoins had such a great run since 2020, why should we reward the success of bitcoins with selling them? I am hoping for more people to start using bitcoins. My dream would be to go to store and see most people paying with bitcoins. That is why I will keep holding my coins.

It was really starting now because there are just a few shops that accept bitcoin as a form of payment, but I mostly saw this in other countries. Here in our countries, I heard some news that there are some stores accepting it, but that was about a year ago, and I'm not sure if they're still open now. This could be bitcoin's future. Having a bitcoin is great; you will make a lot of money if this is successful in the coming years.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
August 26, 2021, 06:02:26 AM
Only one reason I believe in, and that's the bitcoin price will continue to go up in the future and I don't want to be missing out on the possibility that bitcoin is going to be at that point and I don't get any profit from it. Pretty simple reason for hodling.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574
August 26, 2021, 05:51:04 AM
Exactly, as bitcoin become one of the best speculative asset and it is so scarce that holding will be the best thing to do to get huge profits in the future. Of course there will be a point wherein we need to cash out and make profits from our holding. But it requires a deal of mental toughness to hold for at least a year. I've learn to hold because of the pandemic though, but from time to time, I sell some for cash but I still continue to accumulate. Simply reason but very effective.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
August 26, 2021, 04:04:21 AM
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
August 26, 2021, 04:47:47 AM
There isn't any need to search for the reasons why people choose to HODL Bitcoin far away. HODLers aim one certain thing and that is making a nice profit in the long run. And some of them set price goals for themselves to prevent from being greedy and sell some amount when it is reached. HODL's main purpose is definitely this.
Well, we can't deny that and that is our main goal about buying Bitcoin. But of course, it could be changed when the market is already wide open for crypto payments, it comes to the point that we also have to use it. It was just this time that we are considering Bitcoin as a form of investment and we are predicting 10 years from now, Bitcoin will become more valuable than this time and have not to waste this opportunity to get some while it was still cheap.
Exactly. Our technology keeps in advanced so definitely all money transactions will become digital in a couple of years and crypto will definitely fit on it. Even today, people are starting to depend most of their  transactions online so probably time will come that physical money will be slowly eliminated. And once it will happen, it will be a good advantage for us that we have already saved bitcoin not just for utilization but also for our retirement pension. And by that time, bitcoin has definitely a huge value in the market.

Although no one knows what the future holds but if we can be more transparent this time, then earning crypto is definitely a smart move not just for its huge value but more on its utilization purposes.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
August 26, 2021, 04:30:11 AM
 For me the reason why they hodl Bitcoins cause they believe and expect that this Bitcoins that sudden increase the value . That's the advantage of Hodl for every investor.
Others holds bitcoin because their Country has regulation about using this so they tend to hold just in case sometime in future they will be allowed to use it and so they are ready.
each of us has thier own reasons on why we hodl a bitcoin  .
we are lucky because we are on a country where btc is not on hold but this isnt a reason to spend all of our btc and not allocate something to hodl .
are gonna wait that our governments will also hold crypto like what is happening in other countries ? so let us all start hodling now shall we ?
Pages:
Jump to: