Pages:
Author

Topic: The smile patrol - page 4. (Read 7198 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
July 19, 2012, 02:01:56 PM
Escrow has already been initiated. The BTC50 is already in the address below. All you have to do is set up the USD transfer. Clearly, you'll want to wait until October to actually send the money, though. Wink I'll periodically check that address, and of course, everyone else is welcome to as well.
I'm so confused... Why is it that you'll periodically check that address, again?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
July 19, 2012, 01:54:23 PM
I'm looking for any reputable forum volunteers to do an escrow for this "futures" contract.

Please post here to this thread.

Thank you!

Escrow has already been initiated. The BTC50 is already in the address below. All you have to do is set up the USD transfer. Clearly, you'll want to wait until October to actually send the money, though. Wink I'll periodically check that address, and of course, everyone else is welcome to as well.

I agree to do the escrow. 50 BTC

1K2iCxLRTZStVTHK8cwoibXnRC5FJw1Sx

To be sent to smoothie on October 31st, 2012 once $550 payment is received.
and $550 forwarded to Jcpham.

Smoothie please contact me so we can arrange the payment of $550.

Have a nice day.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
July 19, 2012, 01:46:02 PM
I'm looking for any reputable forum volunteers to do an escrow for this "futures" contract.

Please post here to this thread.

Thank you!
legendary
July 19, 2012, 01:24:51 PM
arij is an independent third party I found just for this as an added bonus. He has -otc ratings, you can look them up. I don't like being threatened with bans when I'm the only one who is being serious, that's all. I was banned once here for being dumb already, I learned a lesson. Ban me again, shame on me.

If smoothie had any power to get someone banned, and if scammers got banned, it might have been a credible threat. As it is, it's silly to get your panties in a twist over it.
Yeah, seriously: Don't worry about it.
July 19, 2012, 01:01:04 PM
arij is an independent third party I found just for this as an added bonus. He has -otc ratings, you can look them up. I don't like being threatened with bans when I'm the only one who is being serious, that's all. I was banned once here for being dumb already, I learned a lesson. Ban me again, shame on me.

If smoothie had any power to get someone banned, and if scammers got banned, it might have been a credible threat. As it is, it's silly to get your panties in a twist over it.
July 19, 2012, 12:51:24 PM
In order to allow enough evidence for a possible scammer tag, be sure to either publicly post the bitcoin addresses involved and other proofs of payment, or message this info to a trusted scam investigator. Normally, the escrow agent you chose would also qualify, however, I don't know anything about arij...

Neither do I, but as I said, the BTC are in the address that arij posted, with the transaction that jcpham posted, so the chance of jpcham being labeled a scammer approaches 0. All that remains to be seen is if Smoothie ponies up the cash, and arij pulls off the escrow.
legendary
July 19, 2012, 12:39:31 PM
I'm not clear - does smoothie have the option to buy at $11 at the end of October, or the obligation to do so?  i.e. can he elect to just pay the 25% and not take the coins without breaking terms of the contract?

Nope. I gotta buy 50 btc at $11 each.

And likewise, jcpham has to sell them. Either party breaks it, I'm going to see if Maged thinks that's grounds for a scammer tag.
Sounds about right. Scammer tags are applied to people who break a contract and don't attempt to resolve the issue in good faith. As always, we don't ban scammers.

In order to allow enough evidence for a possible scammer tag, be sure to either publicly post the bitcoin addresses involved and other proofs of payment, or message this info to a trusted scam investigator. Normally, the escrow agent you chose would also qualify, however, I don't know anything about arij...
July 19, 2012, 12:30:23 PM
53c24851a5e576f701fe32dfe7179dd8f49ba31025ee62c54d923142b8248fb3

Wouldn't be my first ban.

Huh The BTC are in the address. What would you be banned for?
Activity: 173
Merit: 102
July 19, 2012, 12:04:54 PM
I agree to do the escrow. 50 BTC

1K2iCxLRTZStVTHK8cwoibXnRC5FJw1Sx

To be sent to smoothie on October 31st, 2012 once $550 payment is received.
and $550 forwarded to Jcpham.

Smoothie please contact me so we can arrange the payment of $550.

Have a nice day.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
July 19, 2012, 06:03:42 AM
I'm not clear - does smoothie have the option to buy at $11 at the end of October, or the obligation to do so?  i.e. can he elect to just pay the 25% and not take the coins without breaking terms of the contract?

So why would you do that?  Why not just buy them for $9 each right now and save yourself $100?

I think the point of buying futures is that you're buying an option to trade at a certain price in the future, but are not obliged to do so.
legendary
July 19, 2012, 04:06:53 AM

And likewise, jcpham has to sell them. Either party breaks it, I'm going to see if Maged thinks that's grounds for a scammer tag.

No I think permabanned works better if that scenario ever happens.

Yeah, because bans from this forum seem to really stick. Roll Eyes

You have a point. I've already made my intentions clear. This entire deal for me is for entertainment value...whether I win or lose...i dont really care. But I do expect the other party to hold up their end in both cases.
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
July 19, 2012, 04:04:20 AM

Yeah, because bans from this forum seem to really stick. Roll Eyes
legendary
July 19, 2012, 04:02:57 AM

July 19, 2012, 03:59:44 AM

legendary
July 19, 2012, 03:35:48 AM

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
July 19, 2012, 03:26:18 AM
legendary
July 19, 2012, 01:18:11 AM
STOP WITH THE IRC LOGS. YOU DWEEBS ARE SATURATING THE SPECULATOR SECTION.  Cheesy

I concur. Pasting real-time chat logs on hypertext-semi-permanent-type threads feels sneaky to me, tbh I do not like it. That's a personal opinion not based in anything factual. I think the context of these things is completely lost when you transgress media like this. Especially if we dweebs have some multi-month long troll joke going on that has nothing to do with current events.

Ponzi.

Witnessed.

LOL?
vip
July 19, 2012, 01:17:21 AM
STOP WITH THE IRC LOGS. YOU DWEEBS ARE SATURATING THE SPECULATOR SECTION.  Cheesy

I concur. Pasting real-time chat logs on hypertext-semi-permanent-type threads feels sneaky to me, tbh I do not like it. That's a personal opinion not based in anything factual. I think the context of these things is completely lost when you transgress media like this. Especially if we dweebs have some multi-month long troll joke going on that has nothing to do with current events.

Ponzi.

Witnessed.
vip
July 18, 2012, 05:24:48 PM

witnessed. ponzi.
legendary
Activity: 1764
July 18, 2012, 05:01:11 PM
Pages:
Jump to: