Pages:
Author

Topic: The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets. - page 2. (Read 3046 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
"Blood in the streets" in my main strategy for real investing. I have done quite well doing the opposite of the market. I divested 80% just before the tech crash in the 90's and made some sick profit buying back in later. Then I sold again just before the crash in 08. All the financial experts thought I was crazy, but I could see that the market was crazy, not me.
My advice for making money in an investment market is to do the opposite of what the mob is doing. I did it again in 2011 when I heard about bitcoin. No financial adviser would have thought paying .75 cents for bitcoin was a wise move. They never seem to get tired of being wrong.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Baron Rothschild, an 18th century British nobleman and member of the Rothschild banking family, is credited with saying that "The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets."

everyone was waiting for the buying opportunity, well there you have it.

the only form of money better than gold in the last 3000 years is on sale at the same time as the entire world uses a paper money system that has never worked in the past,
if you don't see the stars aligning you don't deserve to be rich.

Unfortunately for you, there is not much blood in the streets right now. Most people are still at massive profits at these prices.

Yes, I would not call this "blood in the streets" at all. I see lots of people holding steady, watching it drip down. Low volume. This has happened many times. Slow drip, slow drip, slow drip, massive capitulation selloff.

..... that's when you buy. Wink
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Baron Rothschild, an 18th century British nobleman and member of the Rothschild banking family, is credited with saying that "The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets."

the only form of money better than gold in the last 3000 years is on sale at the same time as the entire world uses a paper money system that has never worked in the past,

Unfortunately for you, there is not much blood in the streets right now. Most people are still at massive profits at these prices.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Except he wasn't talking about cryptoshits.

I think the Exxon buyers who followed his advice are really happy now, right?

Think of what you are saying. It's $418 now, CHEAP, go buy! Go buy, GO!

You won't, because deep inside you know it's a scam destined to fall to $100 and more.

bitcoin is not a scam, its the best form of money humans ever had, for the first time ever beating precious metals.

Yes, it is a scam. Nobody cares about bitcoin as a currency, everyone is in just to get more dollars later. It's basically a tool for wealth transfer from those who buy low and sell high and those who do the opposite.

Bitcoin doesn't gain or produce any additional capital, entire market cap is just a speculators' money. But in order for someone to profit, someone else needs to lose. And without new suckers pouring in the fresh capital, it is not sustainable and bound to drop due to increasing supply, and decreasing faith in it and dumping.

you are wrong.
the amount of goods and services sold for bitcoin is growing exponentially at 6.64% per month for the last 180 days.
(http://www.bitcoinpulse.com/ Num Venues metric)

You're right, but that's all the holders giving up and buying stuff on newegg, dell, etc. with their bitcoin promotions.  Cheesy Cheesy Most of them are not re-buying bitcoin afterwards.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

You won't, because deep inside you know it's a scam destined to fall to $100 and more.

bitcoin is not a scam, its the best form of money humans ever had, for the first time ever beating precious metals.

Yes, it is a scam. Nobody cares about bitcoin as a currency, everyone is in just to get more dollars later. It's basically a tool for wealth transfer from those who buy low and sell high and those who do the opposite.

Bitcoin doesn't gain or produce any additional capital, entire market cap is just a speculators' money. But in order for someone to profit, someone else needs to lose. And without new suckers pouring in the fresh capital, it is not sustainable and bound to drop due to increasing supply, and decreasing faith in it and dumping.

you are wrong.
the amount of goods and services sold for bitcoin is growing exponentially at 6.64% per month for the last 180 days.
(http://www.bitcoinpulse.com/ Num Venues metric)

that's alot faster than the bitcoin inflation rate which is around 10% per year right now and will be half of that in 2016.

when the amount of goods rises faster than bitcoin inflation, the purchasing power of bitcoin goes up.
Activity: 70

Obvious troll is obvious. Yes, the finest form of currency every created, which vanishes without a trace if you don't enable 2FA or your hard drive crashes.  Grin
Activity: 350
Merit: 255

Greater fool theory!
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
This aint bloody enough yet.  Capitulation only started
Activity: 1246
Merit: 261
★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

Activity: 595
Merit: 506
Wish I had money to spend!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
Activity: 61
i don't see blood in the street so far
i mean blood caused by bitcoin.
did you see blood somewhere ?
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
What I wonder is what this is doing for the miners. The costs is stupid crazy to get any kind of equipment to mine now a days, so the return rate.... is there even a return rate at these prices?
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
I do not really feel that there is blood in the streets.  It will take sub $300 Bitcoin to make me feel worried
perfect, the big dogs will be getting $400 plus for their hoards of coins.

you would think major whales would be familiar with the story of the hunt brothers attempt to corner the silver market and how well that turned out for them.  Grin

i guess having alot of money doesn't make someone economically savvy.

legendary
Activity: 980
Need a campaign manager? PM me
Thats all fine, but I have run out of fiat. This should have happened at month end. No doubt during that time it will be high Angry
Activity: 350
Merit: 255
Keep telling that yourself, silly boy.

All this positivity talk won't make the lost money come back.

Should have listened to me when I told to sell.
legendary
Activity: 1274
The Golden Rule Rules
ask
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
Look at Bitfinex. Suddenly there is no free money anymore. 

http://www.bfxdata.com/bitfinexLiquidityUSD.php
i would cost average it for the next month
Pages:
Jump to: