Pages:
Author

Topic: The Trump Wall - page 6. (Read 4166 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
March 26, 2016, 07:13:46 PM
Today I say...
As long as this gate is closed...
As long as this scar of a wall is permitted to stand...
It is not the American question alone which remains open...
But the question of freedom for all mankind...

...Mr. Trump, Tear down this wall!

-Ronald Reagan 1987 (mostly)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtYdjbpBk6A

Real men don't build walls, they tear walls down
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
March 26, 2016, 06:58:24 PM
As most of us know, Donald Trump has made many points about this wall we wants to build on the mexican border. Although he states the wall could cost between $8-$15 Billion, current research has suggested it could cost around $80 Billion. Thoughts?
Current RESEARCH?

this is a construction project and it's not that complicated.

Seven hundred miles, assuming 15B is $3750 PER FOOT....

You have to consider the cost of labor, and the fact that you will need to pay for the transport of heavy material into areas that are not easy to access. John Oliver makes a great point in his last show. If you look it up on youtube, it is there. MY apologies, not current RESEARCH, but just what I have seen. Smiley Cheesy
Actually I did include labor, and "heavy material" is really not a problem.  Concrete batch plants are relatively easy to set up and operate.  Any company that did concrete slabs, runways, etc could easily a stretch of this job.

The major problem is people criticizing this problem who have defeatist or ignorant attitude and think they can converse intelligently on the subject.

I mean, think about it.

"You can't build a wall!"

Well, that's a ridiculous thing to say.  Of course we can.

"A wall can't keep them Out!!"

That's even more ridiculous.  Can you keep deer and hogs out of a garden?  that's what walls DO.

Frankly the only difficult areas will be those basically possessed and patrolled by Mexican cartels (yes I am referring to on the US side) which is the result of neglect and don't care by the Obama administration and which is a total disgrace.  A bit of the military would be needed to help there, until the wall was completed.  I'd probably start in those sections, come to think about it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 273
March 26, 2016, 06:31:47 PM
As most of us know, Donald Trump has made many points about this wall we wants to build on the mexican border. Although he states the wall could cost between $8-$15 Billion, current research has suggested it could cost around $80 Billion. Thoughts?
Current RESEARCH?

You have to consider the cost of labor, and the fact that you will need to pay for the transport of heavy material into areas that are not easy to access. John Oliver makes a great point in his last show. If you look it up on youtube, it is there. MY apologies, not current RESEARCH, but just what I have seen. Smiley Cheesy
legendary
March 26, 2016, 12:37:09 PM
I love how everyone gets all fired up over the idea of a wall. It's just pure symbolism and people love it. If trump gets elected I have no idea how he could convince mexico to PAY for the wall. The whole thing is nuts to me. I am interested though if a physical wall would be more cost effective than just more patrolling. But, a wall is more of symbolic thing than anything

That's actually crazy.  Walls have specific purposes, that is why they exist.

If you'd looked into it just a tiny bit you'd know that his scheme is to put a surcharge on money transfers from all the illegals in the US into Mexico, and that will easily pay for the wall.

What people are getting fired up about is someone actually solving this problem instead of more and more of the lying.
I didn't know about the surcharge thing. But still wouldn't you agree that the wall is a really symbolic thing? Thats part of why it's so popular right?

In a sense I have to agree with you and here is how.  Soldiers/Cops etc carry guns routinely, and well all HOPE the effect is largely symbolic.  Someone sees gun on cop, decides not to do bad thing.

Similarly, the effect of a wall would deter attempts to cross the border illegally.  By the way, I am for a number of immigrant work programs with permits, the idea that a wall would prevent traffic is a misunderstanding. 

Right now someone could easily write an entire book about the traffic and issues on the US border, there are that many details to it.  For example not uncommonly it takes 3 hours to cross into the US from Mexico.  That needs to be improved to say 15-30 minutes.  There are lots of deaths from illegal Mexico to US crossings in the desert areas.  These are harsh areas.  They will kill you.

Lots of issues, but the basic idea of building a serious wall is a good idea.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
March 25, 2016, 11:32:27 PM
I love how everyone gets all fired up over the idea of a wall. It's just pure symbolism and people love it. If trump gets elected I have no idea how he could convince mexico to PAY for the wall. The whole thing is nuts to me. I am interested though if a physical wall would be more cost effective than just more patrolling. But, a wall is more of symbolic thing than anything

If you'd looked into it just a tiny bit you'd know that his scheme is to put a surcharge on money transfers from all the illegals in the US into Mexico, and that will easily pay for the wall.

What people are getting fired up about is someone actually solving this problem instead of more and more of the lying.
I didn't know about the surcharge thing. But still wouldn't you agree that the wall is a really symbolic thing? Thats part of why it's so popular right?
legendary
March 25, 2016, 11:27:03 PM

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
March 25, 2016, 11:21:47 PM
legendary
March 25, 2016, 11:19:47 PM
Trump is not going to build any wall if he becomes the president because it is so hard to be done and it will not prevent any migrants as they can dig tunnels or jump over the wall with ladders
 check this video for John Oliver about that wall
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8dCYocuyI
That's ridiculous.

Talk to the Chinese about great walls, dude.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
March 25, 2016, 10:23:05 PM
Trumpy Drumpfy sat on a wall.
Trumpy Drumpfy had a great fall.
All the king's horses and all the king's men,
Couldn't put Trumpy back together again.

Why not? Because the people don't have or need a king. Especially not Trumpy.

Google Drumpfy.

Cool
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Young but I'm not that bold
March 25, 2016, 08:44:40 PM
Trump is not going to build any wall if he becomes the president because it is so hard to be done and it will not prevent any migrants as they can dig tunnels or jump over the wall with ladders
 check this video for John Oliver about that wall
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8dCYocuyI
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
March 25, 2016, 08:28:29 PM
I think it's silly to blame America's problems on illegal immigration... smells like a red-herring

Who cares if someone hires a Mexican to mow their lawn?

If businesses are hiring illegals by the score, then fine the shit outta the businesses and they will all stop hiring illegals... problem solved
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
March 25, 2016, 08:28:20 PM
Current RESEARCH?

Who counts with foot? Don't even know how much it does... Please start evolving to modern science...

So after research it makes 10 000$ per meter. Doesn't seem incredible to me. Especially considering the price of defending the wall :/

All construction in the USA is done with the English system, not metric.

The reason it's important to look at it in terms of costs per foot is because we can then go and look at what it costs very easily.

Ten feet into the ground, thirty feet up....pyramidal cross section....

I get about $500-1000 per running foot.

Width of the wall? built in brick or concrete shuttering moulds..
Built in brick cost a lot more money plus labour..
Concrete cheap as chips but looks are not to good but will do the same job..

1 ft long 40 ft high 1 skin will cost more than 1k dollars

cost of digging the footings the labour the materials it will cost more than 500 to 1000 dollars a foot
plus how thick will the wall be as thick as my brain.
I'm figuring 10 ft deep 20 wide 30 high and triangular, concrete 6" skin filled with rubble from the trenching

Wall would need to go down deeper due to tunnel issues and width would have to be closer to 2 feet to prevent drilling. Wonder if they would want to plant sensors the whole way as well.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
March 25, 2016, 08:20:29 PM
Would think a wall would be expensive, but as a construction guy, would love to see this happen.
We have quite a few Americans working on some of our bigger projects, so it would create work here in Canada as well. Us Canadians could use a wall too, would love work like this for a decade plus. Drooling thinking about the overtime.
Build it and they will come!
legendary
March 25, 2016, 08:05:07 PM
Current RESEARCH?

Who counts with foot? Don't even know how much it does... Please start evolving to modern science...

So after research it makes 10 000$ per meter. Doesn't seem incredible to me. Especially considering the price of defending the wall :/

The reason it's important to look at it in terms of costs per foot is because we can then go and look at what it costs very easily.

cost of digging the footings the labour the materials it will cost more than 500 to 1000 dollars a foot
I'm figuring 10 ft deep 20 wide 30 high and triangular, concrete 6" skin filled with rubble from the trenching
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
March 25, 2016, 05:45:46 PM
There is a wall aready. Is he buliding a new one or what? And he thinks that just a wall will solve the problem?

More likely enforcing the same ones that are built already.

Or just adding more border control patrols and more gear I suppose. Theres no other options besides that and hire more people.

The sad part with all this "build a wall" is that theres going to be more creative ways to be smuggled in lol.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
March 25, 2016, 04:24:06 PM
Current RESEARCH?

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
March 25, 2016, 04:04:45 PM
Current RESEARCH?

Trump is a racist, He wants to build a wall between Mexico and the US? What a waste of money.
legendary
March 25, 2016, 03:47:22 PM
Current RESEARCH?

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
March 25, 2016, 03:27:23 PM

Thanks for this comment. I think there is nothing more to say. You belong to the kind of people believing it's right to kill others because they want to take parts of the tremendeous amount of goods and food you have in order to survive.
Funny though. Between a Syrian woman who ran a war country, traveled whole Europe bare foot, managed to reach your borders risking her life with a last both expansive and dangerous travel accross sea, and you who only born here, who deserves the most the nationality?
the definition of nationality is the status of belonging to a particular nation so obviously the syrian qualifies for nationality in syria and i qualify for nationality here. the clue is in the name. there is no country on earth in which you or i would qualify for citizenship simply on the basis that we have traveled a long way through difficult conditions to get there. the rule for every would-be immigrant in every non white country on earth is that you have to go through a legal process and prove you can support yourself financially before getting anywhere. and in almost every case you wont qualify for welfare until you've paid into their system for a few years. but when white people attempt to apply these very reasonable standards to third world muslims it all of a sudden becomes racist and cruel.

And it seems like you compare our modern society to Middle Age. Wanna go back to this time? Did it even crossed your mind that the main difference between today and middle age is that we interfere in all their actions and use them as garbages? Hence that it's rather normal to see them turning at us once they got no other hope? What would be your solution? Close the borders and shoot at anyone?
yes we should shoot invaders instead of letting ourselves by overrun by them and allowing our civilisation to descend into third world anarchy. it works for israel as i have already shown you. following their no nonsense approach we'd shoot literally a handful and the rest get the message to stop coming. any that slip through are given a choice between detention and deportation. say what you want about the jews, they understand that third world savages bring the third world with them and they are having none of it in their country.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
March 25, 2016, 01:50:52 PM
Yeah sure, could you just stop spreading your lies here?
why couldn't you have used google
Rights groups such as Amnesty International have called on the Egyptian authorities to "urgently rein in their border security forces" after seven African asylum-seekers were killed in September trying to cross into Israel on foot, but some Israeli NGOs and soldiers say the death toll at the border is far higher.
http://www.irinnews.org/report/86368/egypt-israel-how-many-migrants-are-dying-border
“A big group of illegal migrants attempted to enter Bulgaria from Turkey. One man suffered a gunshot wound in the incident and died on the way to hospital,” an interior ministry spokeswoman told AFP.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/16/afghan-refugee-shot-dead-police-turkey-enter-bulgaria

And shooting at desperate population, hungry women and children that only want to live is not acceptable in any way. It cannot. It means you're actually ready to kill innocents people simply because you can't share the basic minimum to live... It says a lot on your mentality though.
it says i place the protection of my personal belongings and national resources ahead of the well being of parasite invaders who would take them away from me. if we don't shoot a few they are only going to keep coming until all civilised countries are overwhelmed by the third world.

your attitude is that of the american negress who recently critisised a homeowner for shooting dead her nigger cousin who had broken into to the person's home to steal because he "needed money for clothes for school". if our ancestors had thought this way all of europe would have fallen under islamic rule a long time ago.

Thanks for this comment. I think there is nothing more to say. You belong to the kind of people believing it's right to kill others because they want to take parts of the tremendeous amount of goods and food you have in order to survive.
Funny though. Between a Syrian woman who ran a war country, traveled whole Europe bare foot, managed to reach your borders risking her life with a last both expansive and dangerous travel accross sea, and you who only born here, who deserves the most the nationality?

And it seems like you compare our modern society to Middle Age. Wanna go back to this time? Did it even crossed your mind that the main difference between today and middle age is that we interfere in all their actions and use them as garbages? Hence that it's rather normal to see them turning at us once they got no other hope? What would be your solution? Close the borders and shoot at anyone?
Pages:
Jump to: