Pages:
Author

Topic: The use of Bitcoin as a local currency! - page 6. (Read 954 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
August 16, 2021, 04:48:19 AM
In my country, it looks like it will only be an asset or like an alternative from the financial side that still sells it to the local currency. When viewed from the overall side, I think it is still a matter of consideration and it is not certain that Bitcoin can become a currency like local currency, maybe only a few or most countries can adopt bitcoin become legalized, of course it depends on the government system of each country.
I think that it's for the better, doesn't local currency have laws as to why they're there in the first place? Plus, pushing for this one will make things sour between the country that either supports or is neutral towards bitcoin. Probably doing what El Salvador did could be followed but a total replace would seem to be disrespectful.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
August 16, 2021, 04:08:53 AM
They wouldn't, there's a certain pride that these countries have that won't make them consider bitcoin as a local currency, remember that the national currency of a country have some back story as to why they were chosen, some might even say that those banknotes are even their identity. So in conclusion, it's impossible to replace a nation's currency with bitcoin no matter how attractive it is and it's current price is.
Activity: 55
Merit: 5
August 16, 2021, 04:05:55 AM
Bitcoin has been used as an example of currency, and more and more countries have begun to support the acceptance of Bitcoin. As the final transaction of currency, both parties must recognize its value in order to complete the exchange. However, some countries still have not lifted the ban on Bitcoin, and the liquidity of Bitcoin is still insufficient. There is no restriction on the circulation of Bitcoin in a small area, but it cannot be used as a universal currency in the end.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 21
August 16, 2021, 02:13:16 AM
Everyone on the forum knows what Bitcoin is. We already know that many countries have removed this currency from the ban. I mean, will all the nations of the world use Bitcoin as a currency?How important will it be? It will not go to the good side to the bad side?I want to know the opinion-
When you say "We already know that many countries have removed this currency from the ban" was it is ban in all countries before? Only one country has legalized it as a legal tender, El Salvador and even though some countries have not banned it, it is not a legal tender also only that some organizations accept it for payments within that country. It's going to take more adoption even within whichever country before we can really see bitcoin been accepted by most as a currency even though it is not a big deal if they don't IMHO. 
Activity: 1204
Merit: 272
1xbit.com
August 15, 2021, 11:51:55 PM
Everyone on the forum knows what Bitcoin is. We already know that many countries have removed this currency from the ban. I mean, will all the nations of the world use Bitcoin as a currency?How important will it be? It will not go to the good side to the bad side?I want to know the opinion-

Many countries allowing BTC whereas there are many countries which still have banned the coin.
Now as the coin is getting more recognition and people are using it , so the countries are becoming liberal to allow the coin.
It can’t be treated as a local currency though, but yes it can be used for sure.
The government will use it as a form of barter system, like exchanging the assets.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 2169
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
August 15, 2021, 10:59:46 PM
Many countries in the world allow Bitcoin. And from that countries, you can purchase with Bitcoin where it's acceptable. But don't expect ever we can use Bitcoin like physical money. It's because of a lack of knowledge about Bitcoin. Just ask yourself how much percent of people in your country know about Bitcoin. Of course, there is advantage and disadvantages using Bitcoin during purchase goods. It would be a long story, in simple words, you can use virtual currency in a physical store and you don't need to carry any physical money. The main disadvantage is double-spending, otherwise, you have to wait in the store until getting confirmation and transaction fees are another disadvantage. So only Bitcoin lovers would use Bitcoin to purchase or sell goods lately.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 629
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
August 15, 2021, 10:56:57 PM
I mean, will all the nations of the world use Bitcoin as a currency?How important will it be? It will not go to the good side to the bad side?I want to know the opinion-
Bitcoin really gain popularity worldwide especially during pandemic wherein people are staying at home and their attention is on the internet to look for opportunity online and one of that is crypto.

But even the users are increasing and some countries lifted the restrictions they set on bitcoin, it doesnt mean it will be use as currency together with fiat. Using bitcoin in everyday transactions wont be as smooth as we anticipated it to be, you need gadgets and internet (not to mention the fees) to be able to transact and these are some of the hindrance on why it wont be easy.

Nevertheless its a good alternative however it still depends on the stance of the particular country regarding bitcoin.

Activity: 924
Merit: 255
August 15, 2021, 10:45:21 PM
In my country, it looks like it will only be an asset or like an alternative from the financial side that still sells it to the local currency. When viewed from the overall side, I think it is still a matter of consideration and it is not certain that Bitcoin can become a currency like local currency, maybe only a few or most countries can adopt bitcoin become legalized, of course it depends on the government system of each country.
Activity: 126
Merit: 19
August 15, 2021, 10:44:28 PM
Everyone on the forum knows what Bitcoin is. We already know that many countries have removed this currency from the ban. I mean, will all the nations of the world use Bitcoin as a currency?

The popularity of Bitcoin is far from enough, and there is still a long way to go before it becomes a world currency.
Most countries in the world are cautious about Bitcoin, and there are still many countries that oppose the use of Bitcoin. Bitcoin still has a very high threshold, and the government cannot track transactions that manipulate Bitcoin.
And the price of Bitcoin is very prone to large fluctuations, which are very rare in legal tenders, so Bitcoin is not suitable for becoming a world currency.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1847
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
August 15, 2021, 10:12:02 PM
Not banning Bitcoin does not mean accepting it as a currency. However, accepting Bitcoin as a currency may not be important to them, I mean from the government's side. Why would they do that? A currency beyond their control is devastating. Bitcoin is highly incompatible with current financial, economic, monetary systems, and even law enforcement policies.

The people may want Bitcoin's features but not the government. However, I guess the general direction is still toward regulating the use of Bitcoin as the demand for it is rising. I hope this will end up on the good side. For now, things are still a bit unstable primarily because regulators and policy-makers are crafting policies on something which has yet to be thoroughly understood.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 584
You own the pen
August 15, 2021, 09:31:54 PM
Not all countries will accept bitcoin for granted. Even though the trend is already echoing. but many considerations from the government about this. And bitcoin does not have physical money so it may not yet be made into a currency. Maybe it's just a payment option in various stores that support btc payments.

If they smell some profits on it, they wouldn't think twice to give it a try. Some countries are just don't really want to get to the point where they implement bitcoins to the public and doubt about it later when the price has fallen in the crypto market. If that is the case, the good thing to do is stay neutral about it and let those companies run on their countries and get some reasonable taxes from them. Of course, they need to warn their people about those scammers who will gonna take advantage of the situations.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1836
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
August 15, 2021, 09:22:06 PM
I don't think that is possible at the moment, Bitcoin lacks a lot of flexibility to deal with it on a daily basis as a national currency in addition to its high volatility, if you want to buy a sandwich for example does the seller have to wait several hours to get the price of a sandwich in Bitcoin? This is difficult, in addition, the economically strong countries will not accept to have the same currency that the weak countries use, but it is possible instead for the Bitcoin to be the second monetary currency next to the national currency of all countries, and for the Bitcoin to be accepted as a global currency in the world like the dollar.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1350
August 15, 2021, 09:05:32 PM
Everyone on the forum knows what Bitcoin is. We already know that many countries have removed this currency from the ban. I mean, will all the nations of the world use Bitcoin as a currency?

There will be countries that are going to totally opposed bitcoin, specially oppressive government because they don't what their population have financial freedom (and any freedom for that matter).

How important will it be? It will not go to the good side to the bad side?I want to know the opinion-

It's too early to say what will be the good and bad effect. But we have seen countries like El Salvador, Japan and even Australia embracing bitcoin as legal tender. And so far, specially the last 2 nations that I mentioned have some bumps along the way, but still bitcoin is being used and government are still allowing it to flourish.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 510
August 15, 2021, 08:47:46 PM
Bitcoin is touted as new in the millennium. From a mathematical program code for a computer system device, Bitcoin then managed to establish itself as a universal currency. Bitcoin qualifies as money because it is durable, rare, shareable, and recognizable. In the end, the most important thing for an award to gain recognition as money is the trust and acceptance of the community. Well, the condition is a general convention. Even people recognize paper, metal, gold, diamonds, mutual funds, stocks and other commodities as wealth as well as a mere convention. transfer of capital and means of accumulation of wealth. Bitcoin has accelerated its amazing function from a technological product solution to an 'idol' of wealth. Not a few people in the world believe that Bitcoin will be a superior and powerful future currency.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1870
August 15, 2021, 08:30:49 PM
I mean, will all the nations of the world use Bitcoin as a currency?How important will it be? It will not go to the good side to the bad side?I want to know the opinion-
Currently it won't happen and in the future it's difficult to say Bitcoin will be legal in every country as they all have different views on crypto, even though only a few countries banned Bitcoin it'll take time to lift those restrictions. As of now using Bitcoin as a local currency is a bit of a hassle since you have to use exchanges for better spending options. Then again it's still important to have people spend them as a currency it encourages more payment options plus that's one of the main reason to use Bitcoin but we can't blame the others for not doing the same though.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 2144
August 15, 2021, 08:18:32 PM
People need a reason to adopt Bitcoin. And this reason should outweigh Bitcoin's flaws or the flaws should become smaller with time. Bitcoin's main's proposition is that it gives the user control over their money, but most people aren't interested in control, especially since it's also a burden, they are fine with outsourcing it to a third party. Inflation is also not a problem for most, because either they don't have enough money to notice it, or they store their wealth in assets. Bitcoin gains a popularity as one of such assets, but it's not becoming significantly more popular as a currency that also serves as a savings asset.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 588
August 15, 2021, 07:48:53 PM
El Salvador has accepted bitcoin as a legal tender but possible other countries may not accepted that. Also some other countries are working towards accepting bitcoin as a legal form of payment but not as a legal tender. It depends on what the future holds, if the governments see bitcoin as threat, they will regulate it in a way it will not be used more of currencies but this does not change bitcoin at all to be an asset, this is the reason why I like bitcoin.

We should not expect that every country will follow the path of what El Salvador has taken.
Every country has their own financial approach towards crypto.
Just be grateful if some of them are already considering btc as a legal form of payment.
The adoption that btc has achieved today is I think already more than what Satoshi has envisioned.
Regulation of crypto is not part of it, but as time goes by, we just accept it to further increase its scope of use.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 286
August 15, 2021, 07:43:48 PM
The currency being used by each country has different value when you use it in other countries. It means that not all currency has the same value and it somehow maintains balance towards each nation's economy although third world countries has the lowest value compared to other currencies. Bitcoin, as the world's only currency might be possible someday but there would be a lot of adjustments and innovation needed first so that it would work smoothly and properly regardless of the country. The outcome is still not clear since it is just a theory and there are not much proofs about it yet but maybe we'll know through El Salvador's recent legalization of bitcoin.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 504
August 15, 2021, 02:33:53 PM
Let's not fprget fact that, the currencies of the world is a national symbol for the nations that uses it. Bitcoin on it's own can't contest that and despite the fact that, most nations might do what El-Salvador did in the near future, the local currency would still be very functional. Bitcoin would be used when the need applies and when it's most convenient.
Lifting of bans while the rest of the world is hinged on a global adoption is going to be hard. As government always looks towards the adoption of what they can control so, we are likely not to see a crypto or bitcoin enabled world without some really strict regulations from the government and should this be possible, it would defeat some of the bitcoin goals in the long run.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
August 15, 2021, 02:12:56 PM
El Salvador has accepted bitcoin as a legal tender but possible other countries may not accepted that. Also some other countries are working towards accepting bitcoin as a legal form of payment but not as a legal tender. It depends on what the future holds, if the governments see bitcoin as threat, they will regulate it in a way it will not be used more of currencies but this does not change bitcoin at all to be an asset, this is the reason why I like bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: