Pages:
Author

Topic: The use of Bitcoin as a local currency! - page 7. (Read 954 times)

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1172
August 15, 2021, 01:56:43 PM
Everyone on the forum knows what Bitcoin is. We already know that many countries have removed this currency from the ban. I mean, will all the nations of the world use Bitcoin as a currency?How important will it be? It will not go to the good side to the bad side?I want to know the opinion-

I can never see Bitcoin being accepted for use officially alongside any major fiat currency. There may be certain countries who have fairly small economies that accept its use, however that will be the extend of it. Governments want control (via central banks) of their own monetary policies and that becomes impossible if you are using a currency where you cannot expand the supply if it is required. Every country in the world loves being able to depreciate their own currency because it makes any debts owed cheaper to service and allows them to export goods to other countries for cheaper - there is a constant battle between major powers to devalue. Besides all that Bitcoin simply does not have the processing power to cover all the transactions required and there are options that allow for instant settlement which will always be preferred. It has a useful purpose - moving larger amounts.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
August 15, 2021, 01:08:34 PM
Some countries may use btc as an option to their already known legal currency, even though some countries may decide to legalise btc I doubt they will have it as the main legal tender, btc is highly volatile which can be a strong point of consideration for many country, an optional currency will be possible but as main currency will be difficult.
copper member
Activity: 52
Merit: 2
August 15, 2021, 12:31:15 PM
Bitcoin at its current state is not scalable for worldwide usage. Moreover, Central Banks wouldn't let some random currency to take over in near future (I'm not saying it won't happen at the end) and until then I am 100% sure that there will be not just one but many different currencies and all of them will be equally valid. I see a future with tokenized asset instead of money, tokenized wheat, tokenized butter even tokenized houses that you can exchange 1-1 instead of putting money into the equation.

Money was invented because it was hard for people to trade 1 tonnes of carrots for a horse cart, now we have the technology for that, a facility can provide the storage and issue some amount of tokens for the carrots, that person can then sell those tokens to businesses for goods and other tokens, and businesses can claim those carrots later on.
Activity: 784
Merit: 252
August 15, 2021, 11:40:48 AM
Enough as a payment intermediary is more than enough, as for the adoption of other countries, we must be able to have the same understanding as local governments who like the existence of crypto. In our place, although Bitcoin is not a legal payment, its position is very special, the government only places it as a medium of investment and trade.
Activity: 714
Merit: 16
August 15, 2021, 11:27:58 AM
It is evident recently that we see some countries lifting their ban which is good for bitcoin but for the whole world using it as a local currency, I don't know if what you mean will be that it will be in printed form like fiat or will be the most used currency. For all nations to use it I will say not visible as we have some countries who are underdeveloped and haven't heard or known about this coin.
Activity: 924
Merit: 15
August 15, 2021, 10:42:30 AM
Obviously, not all countries will agree to adopt Bitcoin as a legal payment and abolish the conventional financial system. There needs to be a balance and the presence of Bitcoin can provide two alternative uses.
Only certain countries, although all countries may apply the use of Bitcoin as a payment with different versions, for example, some countries use it as an investment alternative, some as a trading alternative, and maybe some like El Salvador, which has been running.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
August 15, 2021, 10:57:39 AM
Everyone on the forum knows what Bitcoin is. We already know that many countries have removed this currency from the ban. I mean, will all the nations of the world use Bitcoin as a currency?
Look at this, Legality of bitcoin by country or territory.
There are some countries Bitcoin is legal but the banking ban and its worst most of them are totally banned which is illegal and lucky those countries was implemented legal tender.  Now, if the banking system banning Bitcoin, how could the nation use Bitcoin as one currency.  Probably time will come, those countries that banned Bitcoin will someday realize how it will useful to society, or until such day they will realize that most of their people using it and no one can stop.

How important will it be? It will not go to the good side to the bad side?I want to know the opinion-
The fact is, most cryptos of those enthusiasts realized that keeping Bitcoin to store value is much more important than using this as a currency to pay online.  They are hoarding this and waiting at the right time to gain profit.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 2904
Block halving is coming.
August 15, 2021, 10:41:43 AM
In addition from the above post, Bitcoin doesn't have physical coin everything in crypto are digital.

What do you think about other people who don't know about Bitcoin do you think they will use it or accept it?
I know there is some restaurant who accept BTC but not all people pay with bitcoin it's just an optional.
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
August 15, 2021, 10:11:53 AM
Everyone on the forum knows what Bitcoin is. We already know that many countries have removed this currency from the ban. I mean, will all the nations of the world use Bitcoin as a currency?How important will it be? It will not go to the good side to the bad side?I want to know the opinion-

No. And this is by no mean a pessimistic view. BTC was the first, but I doubt it will be the last and only. What I mean by this is that BTC is just a stepping stone to a future with crypto. As with FIAT, I doubt we will have one worldwide currency, but an assortment of government-created cryptocurrencies. At the end of the day, BTC is too volatile and lacking of being controlled that the governments would put so much trust in it.
Activity: 122
Merit: 19
https://i.imgur.com/0cKROEC.png
August 15, 2021, 10:01:27 AM
Pages:
Jump to: