Pages:
Author

Topic: ❢❢❢ The value proposition of each coin: BTC, DOGE, LTC, DRK, PPC, XRP, NXT, etc. - page 3. (Read 11259 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
This is a nice thread.  I’ll summarize what is going on as quickly as possible which for me is not quickly.

BTC- no comment necessary

Doge and Litecoin – You dismissed these but you very well shouldn’t have.  Litecoin has by far the biggest marketcap despite going down like 90%.  There is a very real chance on the next BTC pump, that Litecoin will pump even harder.  In fact it almost doubled on the Coinbase news.  And for Doge, it has something that all these other coins listed don’t have, which is widely underestimated; it is cool.  Ultimately when you put a cool product next to a different product that is far superior, it is often times that the cool product wins.  Nobody wants to be a dork.

Darkcoin and Monero – I see a lot of arguments about which is better, and it really doesn’t matter.  In a year from now BTC will have its own anon options with projects such as Coinjoin or Darkwallet which will make theses alts obsolete and pointless.

Namecoin – forget about it

XRP – lots and lots of more people are coming over to Ripple.  It does what it does really well, but will that be enough?  

PPC – Was a great step, but we can gather that probably Bitcoin’s POW or other newer and more robust forms of POS will win out in the future, which leaves Peercoin left behind in either scenario.  To avoid this it would have to develop itself extensively, and to be fair lots of new development is coming out of the Peercoin team, but ultimately they are limited with their code and just what they can do.  A newer and more robust 2.0 system will just have so much more functionality.  

Now for the two more controversial coins because up until now, it has been pretty easy to discern.

Bitshares – Not really a coin as others have said but more of a 2.0 platform.  As stated earlier they will do anything to make a buck and don’t hide it. So at least you know where they stand.  

I agree that Bitshares will do anything to make money, and that includes lie and cheat.  When you look at the amount of money going in and out of Bitshares, it is almost nothing and has a terrible liquidity problem, so even if you did put a lot of money in (which would be very easy) you would have a really hard time taking it out.  If you look on the inside of Bitshares there is lots of liquidity.  One may suspect that there are just a few Bitshare’s holders holding a lot of shares and trading with each other to fake liquidity.  After all, they will do anything to make money.  Bitshares also has shills out in large numbers plugging this coin and that is evident on this thread too.

NXT – is the most advanced feature wise of all these coins by far (note what I said about Doge earlier because sometimes it doesn't matter.  In theory if features were more important NXT would have smashed Doge, but in reality it is the other way around).  It can’t be counted out but has had a really rocky start.  It’s platform is also quite splintered and as a first mover has had to forge into territory that was unknown and often didn’t do nearly as well as it could have.  All around some of the most exciting work being done in crypto is being done at NXT, and will continue to be done there, but the real question is "Can they pull it off?"    

My summary.

Value.
- Bitcoin

Probable Value.
- Dogecoin
- Litecoin

Possible value.
- Ripple
- Nxt
- Bitshares

No value.
- Namecoin
- Peercoin
- Darkcoin
- Monero

Missed platforms: Gems, Maidsafe, Storj, and NEM because each one of these will be bring new things to the market that no other platform has done before if they can pull it off.  

The only two coins that have successfully pulled off their niche is Litecoin and Doge.  Litecoin has achieved being the known trading pair to BTC and Doge has pulled off being cool.  Those factors might not carry them through, but at least they won a battle.  None of the other coins haven't really proven themselves enough to get into my "probable" category.  

And one last test is to look at market cap.  I feel like to be safe a coin needs to be over 10 million USD, and I also feel like anything under 1 million USD has utterly failed.

Absolutely horrid assessment. You have no clue about value. Go learn what makes a successful product or company, then compare it to the cryptospace. Silly gimmicks don't make a product a bestseller, as Doge has learned from it's falling hashrate and declining interest previous to mergemining with Litecoin, it's the technology that does.

Frankly, every coin you listed as having no value, are the top and only ones that do have value, while the one you listed as having probable value, is worthless. Coinjoin is trivial and a 3rd party application, not to mention that most of those coin shuffling websites have been scams, and Darkwallet is basically Coinjoin, which means Bitcoin doesn't/won't have anonymity at the protocol level, and that's needed.

Go learn a thing or two.

I suggest you learn a thing or two and read better.  I didn't say that a gimmick "will" win, I said often times it does.  Additionally a silly gimmick did and has made Doge very successful.  You say it doesn't, but it is very clear that it has for a fact.  Your imagined world where tech always wins over gimmicks is not better than the real world of facts that I can prove by looking at market cap.  For a fact Doge has a higher market cap, better liquidity and more transactions than Namecoin, Darkcoin, and Peercoin despite those being better tech wise.  And Litecoin which you dismiss is still doing better than Namecoin, Darkcoin, Peercoin, Monero, and NXT combined.   (full discloser, I own none of these coins)

Furthermore major corporations will often spend far more on advertising and marketing then they do or product development.  Why?  Because they know being cool and have a gimmick sells better than having good tech.  It doesn't matter which product is actually better, it only matters which product the consumer thinks is better and most consumers are simply not knowledgeable about a product to truly discern which product is superior.  This holds true with toothpaste, cell phones, jeans, sushi, cable packages, and prepackaged vacations. Gimmicks sell.  

Furthemore, if gimmicks are so powerless why do you have a gimmick username that is a blatant rip off?

And as for anonymity it doesn't matter if it is achieved wallet side or protocol side.  If you are anon then you are anon.

Go learn actual marketing and economics please. Mostly everything you've said is bullshit, I have no need to further discussion with you. Marketing places a huge role yes, but when it comes to these cryptocoins, such as Litecoin or Dogecoin, it's just blatant manipulation helping them. The majority of Litecoin's daily volume comes from 0% fee exchanges, so it's most likely that Litecoin's volume is just the same bots trading between themselves over and over to create the illusion of real volume. As for Dogecoin, if you've followed it's progess at all, you'd know that it's "AuxPoW' aka Mergemining is what saved it, no matter how much marketing they put in it's price and hashrate kept falling, so they decided to merge mine with Litecoin...

Solid Tech is what keep's users interested and coming back, especially in the world of cryptocurrencies. Marketing is what brings them in.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
This is a nice thread.  I’ll summarize what is going on as quickly as possible which for me is not quickly.

Doge and Litecoin – You dismissed these but you very well shouldn’t have.  Litecoin has by far the biggest marketcap despite going down like 90%.  There is a very real chance on the next BTC pump, that Litecoin will pump even harder.  In fact it almost doubled on the Coinbase news.  And for Doge, it has something that all these other coins listed don’t have, which is widely underestimated; it is cool.  Ultimately when you put a cool product next to a different product that is far superior, it is often times that the cool product wins.  Nobody wants to be a dork.

Darkcoin and Monero – I see a lot of arguments about which is better, and it really doesn’t matter.  In a year from now BTC will have its own anon options with projects such as Coinjoin or Darkwallet which will make theses alts obsolete and pointless.

XRP – lots and lots of more people are coming over to Ripple.  It does what it does really well, but will that be enough?  

PPC – Was a great step, but we can gather that probably Bitcoin’s POW or other newer and more robust forms of POS will win out in the future, which leaves Peercoin left behind in either scenario.  To avoid this it would have to develop itself extensively, and to be fair lots of new development is coming out of the Peercoin team, but ultimately they are limited with their code and just what they can do.  A newer and more robust 2.0 system will just have so much more functionality.  

Now for the two more controversial coins because up until now, it has been pretty easy to discern.

Bitshares – Not really a coin as others have said but more of a 2.0 platform.  As stated earlier they will do anything to make a buck and don’t hide it. So at least you know where they stand.  

I agree that Bitshares will do anything to make money, and that includes lie and cheat.  When you look at the amount of money going in and out of Bitshares, it is almost nothing and has a terrible liquidity problem, so even if you did put a lot of money in (which would be very easy) you would have a really hard time taking it out.  If you look on the inside of Bitshares there is lots of liquidity.  One may suspect that there are just a few Bitshare’s holders holding a lot of shares and trading with each other to fake liquidity.  After all, they will do anything to make money.  Bitshares also has shills out in large numbers plugging this coin and that is evident on this thread too.

NXT – is the most advanced feature wise of all these coins by far (note what I said about Doge earlier because sometimes it doesn't matter.  In theory if features were more important NXT would have smashed Doge, but in reality it is the other way around).  It can’t be counted out but has had a really rocky start.  It’s platform is also quite splintered and as a first mover has had to forge into territory that was unknown and often didn’t do nearly as well as it could have.  All around some of the most exciting work being done in crypto is being done at NXT, and will continue to be done there, but the real question is "Can they pull it off?"    

My summary.

Value.
- Bitcoin

Probable Value.
- Dogecoin
- Litecoin

Possible value.
- Ripple
- Nxt
- Bitshares

No value.
- Namecoin
- Peercoin
- Darkcoin
- Monero

Missed platforms: Gems, Maidsafe, Storj, and NEM because each one of these will be bring new things to the market that no other platform has done before if they can pull it off.  

The only two coins that have successfully pulled off their niche is Litecoin and Doge.  Litecoin has achieved being the known trading pair to BTC and Doge has pulled off being cool.  Those factors might not carry them through, but at least they won a battle.  None of the other coins haven't really proven themselves enough to get into my "probable" category.  

And one last test is to look at market cap.  I feel like to be safe a coin needs to be over 10 million USD, and I also feel like anything under 1 million USD has utterly failed.

Absolutely horrid assessment. You have no clue about value. Go learn what makes a successful product or company, then compare it to the cryptospace. Silly gimmicks don't make a product a bestseller, as Doge has learned from it's falling hashrate and declining interest previous to mergemining with Litecoin, it's the technology that does.

Frankly, every coin you listed as having no value, are the top and only ones that do have value, while the one you listed as having probable value, is worthless. Coinjoin is trivial and a 3rd party application, not to mention that most of those coin shuffling websites have been scams, and Darkwallet is basically Coinjoin, which means Bitcoin doesn't/won't have anonymity at the protocol level, and that's needed.

Go learn a thing or two.

I suggest you learn a thing or two and read better.  I didn't say that a gimmick "will" win, I said often times it does.  Additionally a silly gimmick did and has made Doge very successful.  You say it doesn't, but it is very clear that it has for a fact.  Your imagined world where tech always wins over gimmicks is not better than the real world of facts that I can prove by looking at market cap.  For a fact Doge has a higher market cap, better liquidity and more transactions than Namecoin, Darkcoin, and Peercoin despite those being better tech wise.  And Litecoin which you dismiss is still doing better than Namecoin, Darkcoin, Peercoin, Monero, and NXT combined.   (full discloser, I own none of these coins)

Furthermore major corporations will often spend far more on advertising and marketing then they do or product development.  Why?  Because they know being cool and have a gimmick sells better than having good tech.  It doesn't matter which product is actually better, it only matters which product the consumer thinks is better and most consumers are simply not knowledgeable about a product to truly discern which product is superior.  This holds true with toothpaste, cell phones, jeans, sushi, cable packages, and prepackaged vacations. Gimmicks sell.  

Furthemore, if gimmicks are so powerless why do you have a gimmick username that is a blatant rip off?

And as for anonymity it doesn't matter if it is achieved wallet side or protocol side.  If you are anon then you are anon.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Activity: 182
This is a nice thread.  I’ll summarize what is going on as quickly as possible which for me is not quickly.

Doge and Litecoin – You dismissed these but you very well shouldn’t have.  Litecoin has by far the biggest marketcap despite going down like 90%.  There is a very real chance on the next BTC pump, that Litecoin will pump even harder.  In fact it almost doubled on the Coinbase news.  And for Doge, it has something that all these other coins listed don’t have, which is widely underestimated; it is cool.  Ultimately when you put a cool product next to a different product that is far superior, it is often times that the cool product wins.  Nobody wants to be a dork.

Darkcoin and Monero – I see a lot of arguments about which is better, and it really doesn’t matter.  In a year from now BTC will have its own anon options with projects such as Coinjoin or Darkwallet which will make theses alts obsolete and pointless.

XRP – lots and lots of more people are coming over to Ripple.  It does what it does really well, but will that be enough? 

PPC – Was a great step, but we can gather that probably Bitcoin’s POW or other newer and more robust forms of POS will win out in the future, which leaves Peercoin left behind in either scenario.  To avoid this it would have to develop itself extensively, and to be fair lots of new development is coming out of the Peercoin team, but ultimately they are limited with their code and just what they can do.  A newer and more robust 2.0 system will just have so much more functionality. 

Bitshares – Not really a coin as others have said but more of a 2.0 platform.  As stated earlier they will do anything to make a buck and don’t hide it. So at least you know where they stand. 

I agree that Bitshares will do anything to make money, and that includes lie and cheat.  When you look at the amount of money going in and out of Bitshares, it is almost nothing and has a terrible liquidity problem, so even if you did put a lot of money in (which would be very easy) you would have a really hard time taking it out.  If you look on the inside of Bitshares there is lots of liquidity.  One may suspect that there are just a few Bitshare’s holders holding a lot of shares and trading with each other to fake liquidity.  After all, they will do anything to make money.  Bitshares also has shills out in large numbers plugging this coin and that is evident on this thread too.

NXT – is the most advanced feature wise of all these coins by far (note what I said about Doge earlier because sometimes it doesn't matter.  In theory if features were more important NXT would have smashed Doge, but in reality it is the other way around).  It can’t be counted out but has had a really rocky start.  It’s platform is also quite splintered and as a first mover has had to forge into territory that was unknown and often didn’t do nearly as well as it could have.  All around some of the most exciting work being done in crypto is being done at NXT, and will continue to be done there, but the real question is "Can they pull it off?"   

My summary.

Value.
- Bitcoin

Probable Value.
- Dogecoin
- Litecoin

Possible value.
- Ripple
- Nxt
- Bitshares

No value.
- Namecoin
- Peercoin
- Darkcoin
- Monero

The only two coins that have successfully pulled off their niche is Litecoin and Doge.  Litecoin has achieved being the known trading pair to BTC and Doge has pulled off being cool.  Those factors might not carry them through, but at least they won a battle.  None of the other coins haven't really proven themselves enough to get into my "probable" category.   

And one last test is to look at market cap.  I feel like to be safe a coin needs to be over 10 million USD, and I also feel like anything under 1 million USD has utterly failed.

Go learn a thing or two.
legendary
Activity: 1232
mining is so 2012-2013
This is a nice thread.  I’ll summarize what is going on as quickly as possible which for me is not quickly.

Doge and Litecoin – You dismissed these but you very well shouldn’t have.  Litecoin has by far the biggest marketcap despite going down like 90%.  There is a very real chance on the next BTC pump, that Litecoin will pump even harder.  In fact it almost doubled on the Coinbase news.  And for Doge, it has something that all these other coins listed don’t have, which is widely underestimated; it is cool.  Ultimately when you put a cool product next to a different product that is far superior, it is often times that the cool product wins.  Nobody wants to be a dork.

Darkcoin and Monero – I see a lot of arguments about which is better, and it really doesn’t matter.  In a year from now BTC will have its own anon options with projects such as Coinjoin or Darkwallet which will make theses alts obsolete and pointless.

XRP – lots and lots of more people are coming over to Ripple.  It does what it does really well, but will that be enough? 

PPC – Was a great step, but we can gather that probably Bitcoin’s POW or other newer and more robust forms of POS will win out in the future, which leaves Peercoin left behind in either scenario.  To avoid this it would have to develop itself extensively, and to be fair lots of new development is coming out of the Peercoin team, but ultimately they are limited with their code and just what they can do.  A newer and more robust 2.0 system will just have so much more functionality. 

Bitshares – Not really a coin as others have said but more of a 2.0 platform.  As stated earlier they will do anything to make a buck and don’t hide it. So at least you know where they stand. 

I agree that Bitshares will do anything to make money, and that includes lie and cheat.  When you look at the amount of money going in and out of Bitshares, it is almost nothing and has a terrible liquidity problem, so even if you did put a lot of money in (which would be very easy) you would have a really hard time taking it out.  If you look on the inside of Bitshares there is lots of liquidity.  One may suspect that there are just a few Bitshare’s holders holding a lot of shares and trading with each other to fake liquidity.  After all, they will do anything to make money.  Bitshares also has shills out in large numbers plugging this coin and that is evident on this thread too.

NXT – is the most advanced feature wise of all these coins by far (note what I said about Doge earlier because sometimes it doesn't matter.  In theory if features were more important NXT would have smashed Doge, but in reality it is the other way around).  It can’t be counted out but has had a really rocky start.  It’s platform is also quite splintered and as a first mover has had to forge into territory that was unknown and often didn’t do nearly as well as it could have.  All around some of the most exciting work being done in crypto is being done at NXT, and will continue to be done there, but the real question is "Can they pull it off?"   

My summary.

Value.
- Bitcoin

Probable Value.
- Dogecoin
- Litecoin

Possible value.
- Ripple
- Nxt
- Bitshares

No value.
- Namecoin
- Peercoin
- Darkcoin
- Monero

The only two coins that have successfully pulled off their niche is Litecoin and Doge.  Litecoin has achieved being the known trading pair to BTC and Doge has pulled off being cool.  Those factors might not carry them through, but at least they won a battle.  None of the other coins haven't really proven themselves enough to get into my "probable" category.   

And one last test is to look at market cap.  I feel like to be safe a coin needs to be over 10 million USD, and I also feel like anything under 1 million USD has utterly failed.

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

LTC.
- Worthless clone.

It seems LTC was born because of the problems of the first altcoins (Tenebrix, ixcoin)...

DRK.
- OK, now we're getting to something different. Completely anonymous, untracable transactions. This is worth a lot. This is what people think bitcoin has but it doesn't. If bitcoin had this, it would be worth a lot more.
- How well does the anonymous transaction thing actually work? I'd love to hear people's experiences with using Darkcoin.
- Broken architecture?

Darkcoin loves to change the rules. It's the king of hard forks. First they said it would be 100.000.000.000.000.000 coins (yes, 100 quadrillion) of coins. Now the limit is ~20 million (so, they turned the first 2 millions of coins generated in the first 2 days, when they didn't have a Windows wallet even more valuable). Also a lot of times they changed the reward blocks scheme. What happened?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5830006
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5823918
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525093.0;all

They also proposed a merge with ShadowCash, and to do this, they proposed to increase the number of DRK (they would create DRK out of thin air).
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HrGDKKtr5cKKE8Iu7aOw1vXbVTGk9078sQaWlprZYrs/edit
Activity: 1330
Merit: 289
Dogecoin has the highest usage of any altcoin, including Litecoin (excluding off-chain tipping).

Dogecoin has more community support than all altcoins combined.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect

Smiley

(Do you actually believe that "technological innovation" matters if there is no growing community that use it?)

this is true
they have more support then other
still this is good cuz if i read correctly on other topic halving is near for doge this can only influence more user in doge and hopping for price change

Lol, this is a laughable claim.   If true, why did doge move to being mergemined inside the litecoin chain?    

Learn what AuxPoW actually means.

Learn about Dogecoin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=800004.0;all

Wink

I like dogecoin too, and I know what AuxPOW is.  Sorry if my comment was out of order, I was referring to the "highest usage of any altcoin" claim. 
TX per day and exchange volume disagree with that claim, but to be fair those don't mean all that much as they are unverifiable as legitimate traffic.  The only metric that can't be faked is hash rate.   

https://bitinfocharts.com/charts.html

Dogecoin has the highest usage of any altcoin (active addresses), including Litecoin (excluding off-chain tipping).

I only look at data.
legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!
Dogecoin has the highest usage of any altcoin, including Litecoin (excluding off-chain tipping).

Smiley

(Do you actually believe that "technological innovation" matters if there is no growing community that use it?)

this is true
still this is good cuz if i read correctly on other topic halving is near for doge this can only influence more user in doge and hopping for price change

Lol, this is a laughable claim.   If true, why did doge move to being mergemined inside the litecoin chain?    

Learn about Dogecoin:

Wink

I like dogecoin too, and I know what AuxPOW is.  Sorry if my comment was out of order, I was referring to the "highest usage of any altcoin" claim. 
TX per day and exchange volume disagree with that claim, but to be fair those don't mean all that much as they are unverifiable as legitimate traffic.  The only metric that can't be faked is hash rate.   

Activity: 196
Pretty good new article on NXT, specifically from an investor's perspective:

http://www.coinssource.com/marc-de-mesel-nxt-stage-cryptos/

Maybe you can extract something from it for your consideration.
Activity: 252

Smiley

+1 i can't say it even better.. No healty community no stable coin Cool

Smiley

this is true

Learn about Dogecoin:

Wink
legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!

Smiley

this is true

Lol, this is a laughable claim.   If true, why did doge move to being mergemined inside the litecoin chain?   
legendary
Activity: 1484
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

Smiley

this is true
Activity: 289
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for NEM, after one year those guys are running an alpha that does not even do transactions...
And their Roadmap has not been updated in months (it looks like a China-based operation)...
And this alpha seems horribly overpriced at about $3,000,000... WHICH GOES TO THE HOLIER-THAN-THOUGH FOUNDERS.

It's hard to see how the Nxt forks are a serious threat at this point...
Though I love the fact that NEM is gonna FOCUS on XEM the currency....
And throw a lot of resources and the PoI algo to make XEM a strong, liquid cuurreny.

This is in contrast to the NXT Pooh-Bahs...
Who all seem to be closeted, bearded Marxist-Leninists that think NXT and money and profit = dirty...
And can't be bothered with a Windows installer = massive security risks for newbies...
And know far more about coding/Star Trek/Star Wars than finance or promotion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEM as it stands right now is running the BETA not the alpha. As for the roadmap, you find as the information on the forum.nemcoin.com has the necessary updates and information. How does the alpha cost 3,000,000 dollars?    
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
what is your reference for trade volumes?

Doge trading volume is still 4th or 5th i think
LTC despite being dead is the second

p.s. nice list, it is short but contains most of the info needed

For each Alt/BTC, I pulled data from lots of different exchanges. For each day, if Alt/BTC is traded on multiple exchanges, I take the exchange with the highest volume.

wow, nice job. you should've invested a lot of time and energy

by the way how accurate are websites like coinmarketcap?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

There are very many people with all of these advantages. I have none. So I'm sorry that I'm not doing a detailed analysis of every iteration of Darkcoin for free. But this does not place any burden of proof on my shoulders.

I think what he meant was that just because you gave an opinion on a discussion thread doesn't make that opinion an authoritative conclusion, regardless of your background or credentials.

You seem to endorse that very point you your last remark.

Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1092
Crossposting from DRK thread

Even then, coins aren't flowing through your masternode. All coins are mixing in the person's own wallet, never leaving. The masternodes simply facilitate the tx's at the same time for obfuscation.
Activity: 179
Merit: 151
-
I think it's on Andrew Poelstra to prove his claims.

Hi ilodin,

While this would be the case in an academic setting, or even a non-adversarial one, it's definitely not the case for amateur cryptography. The reasons haven't changed much from those written in the Cyphernomicon (2.4.19) over 20 years ago: there is a massive amount of amateur crypto out there; it is extremely hard to analyze in general; few people are qualified to do so and their time is extremely limited. Cryptography is assumed broken until shown to be secure. Never the other way around. This means formal proof, years of cryptanalysis by many experts, and years of field-testing. Bitcoin adds a new twist to this: there is way more amateur crypto in the Bitcoin space than there ever was in the cypherpunk/sci.crypt/whatever communities. The result is a massive asymmetry: people promoting broken systems (a) are often paid to do so; (b) only have their own system to focus on; (c) aren't burdened by truth or honesty; (d) they don't have reputations that could be damaged by interacting with shifty projects (which often take criticism from experts as an invitation to put the experts' name on their website, sometimes even misinterpreting their words as promotion); (e) are able to change or obfuscate their project in subtle ways to evade specific criticism, rendering analysis moot without actually improving anything; (f) don't have massive demands on their time from legitimate projects.

There are very many people with all of these advantages. I have none. So I'm sorry that I'm not doing a detailed analysis of every iteration of Darkcoin for free. But this does not place any burden of proof on my shoulders.

Andrew

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

Well if that's the class of individual Darkcoin attracts then I'm quite happy to have it stay that way.

I will not participate in this debate now that it's degraded to an ad hominem, so I bid you goodbye.

You're not leaving because of an "ad hominem" attack - there was none, your person was not attacked. You're leaving because your attempt to malign a perfectly good project with underhand emotive phrases like "broken architecture" hasn't washed and now there are too many valid arguments ranged against you.

Some of the points you raise are fair and in most contexts would probably have been constructively accepted. Feel free to draw your own conclusions as to their veracity  or severity, but if you're going to make posts bordering on propaganda dressed up as technical appraisals, don't be surprised if you get challenged over it.
Pages:
Jump to: