Pages:
Author

Topic: The war on drugs killed my daughter - page 3. (Read 2733 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
June 27, 2014, 10:10:00 AM
The deeper reason for such tragedies is this: all parents make the assumption that their own children will not die of a drug overdose, that their own children will not be raped, and that their own children -when they are adults- will not have to get by on zero-hours contracts. In other words, parents universally look at the world through rose-tinted glasses, hence collectively too little is done to reduce drug deaths, rape, and zero-hours contracts. Instead of tending to the real problems at their doorsteps, parents are distracted into supporting destructive foreign policies: wars against foreign countries (Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya), free-trade agreements that transfer power to multinational corporates and unelected commissions.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
June 23, 2014, 09:57:50 AM
The War on Drugs (and not just in the US, although that is the worst-case example) is a giant joke of the dying beliefs of a conservative society. It is going to end soon, but the thing that upsets me the most is that nobody will go to jail - particularly the private prison industry that makes millions if not billions off this joke of a policy. Just like Chenney, the biggest criminal in the US government is still living lavishly after his role in Iraq.

This...  our gen is getting into power... the ...I can not form enough words of hate.. that has ruled our countries for years... many many years did not have control of the INFO on the web.. we learned what is really going on..  Soon there will be freedom for the people.

All of these "wars on" are a BS to get certian people money or power. 

We will not forget.
We will not forgive.
We know what you did.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
June 22, 2014, 08:50:14 PM
There is no such thing as 91% pure MDMA.  MDMA can only be synthesized to a maximum of 84%.

Our forum idiot would disagree with you.  He believes everything does exist, including 91% pure MDMA.

Not on this planet.  Go ahead and prove me wrong, that would be awesome.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
June 22, 2014, 08:45:48 PM
There is no such thing as 91% pure MDMA.  MDMA can only be synthesized to a maximum of 84%.

Our forum idiot would disagree with you.  He believes everything does exist, including 91% pure MDMA.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
June 22, 2014, 07:58:16 PM

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
June 22, 2014, 07:55:16 PM
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
June 22, 2014, 07:03:32 PM

The war on drugs killed my daughter

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jun/22/mother-fights-against-war-on-drugs-anne-marie-cockburn-martha-fernback

<< Martha Fernback, 15. died from taking 91% pure ecstasy. Anne-Marie Cockburn is campaigning for drug legalisation to spare others her ordeal. >>

So the drug wasn't pure enough at 91%?...

Article didn't really explain, but I think that the purity was high enough that she overdosed. I think the mom feels that if the drug had been legalized, then dosage would be more consistant and her daughter wouldn't have overdosed. I am not into drugs, but if I was, then I would certainly feel safer using a recreational drug that was legally packaged and distributed by a name brand pharmaceutical company.

So. You. Would. Trust. Big Pharma. With your illegal. Drug? Funny, I thought drug dealers were famous for cutting their merchandise with baking powder or something similar. At 91% she got a great deal. Big pharma, more like 2% and 98% sugary stuff... Just my guess.

Sad story none the less. But mom, you can't blame your lack of good parenting on the drug on war if you could not even tell your own daughter was a dope.

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
June 22, 2014, 06:30:46 PM

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jun/22/mother-fights-against-war-on-drugs-anne-marie-cockburn-martha-fernback

<< Martha Fernback, 15. died from taking 91% pure ecstasy. Anne-Marie Cockburn is campaigning for drug legalisation to spare others her ordeal. >>

Article didn't really explain, but I think that the purity was high enough that she overdosed. I think the mom feels that if the drug had been legalized, then dosage would be more consistant and her daughter wouldn't have overdosed. I am not into drugs, but if I was, then I would certainly feel safer using a recreational drug that was legally packaged and distributed by a name brand pharmaceutical company.

This is true, but it might also be possible to engineer a test kit which users could buy to test the potency of various drugs.

No doubt they would not buy it, just saying there are other ways...
Activity: 528
Merit: 527
June 22, 2014, 06:20:51 PM

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
June 22, 2014, 06:14:18 PM
Next article:

Brother of terrorist blames the death of his brother ( killed while blowing himself up in front of the us embassy) on the "war on terror".
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
June 22, 2014, 06:03:43 PM

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Knowledge is Power
June 22, 2014, 05:36:38 PM
The War on Drugs (and not just in the US, although that is the worst-case example) is a giant joke of the dying beliefs of a conservative society. It is going to end soon, but the thing that upsets me the most is that nobody will go to jail - particularly the private prison industry that makes millions if not billions off this joke of a policy. Just like Chenney, the biggest criminal in the US government is still living lavishly after his role in Iraq.
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006
June 22, 2014, 05:11:46 PM

Pages:
Jump to: