Pages:
Author

Topic: The whales stirred. What should we expect? - page 7. (Read 932 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
It seems to me in regard to an old address there are only two possibilities that exist by what some populist said. An unmoved old address meant a lost coin or an old address making a movement would mean to sell it.

About the latter, there is nothing wrong with selling the bitcoins and it does not tell and mean a single thing. Why would you automatically say that whales who have old addresses directly affect public perception toward Bitcoin in general? There is not any related link between both of these that I could think of.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
The whales stirred. What should we expect?

Judging by the information coming in, a lot of ancient "crypto whale" wallets that have not created any movement with Bitcoin, for many years, have recently "come to life". Recently, assets have started to be transferred from these wallets to the exchanges. The withdrawal to the exchanges, kind of hints that these amounts are being withdrawn to sell Bitcoin. Question to the esteemed public ! What is this ?
- the end of the short era of cryptocurrencies ? Owners are actively moving into fiat
- the end of the Bitcoin era ? Are they selling it to change cryptoasset for storage ? And what is this crypto asset?
- regulators have "gotten their way", cryptocurrency is losing support and interest ?
- your version ?

No, I don't think it will end the bitcoin era and cryptocurrencies era but rather shift the money towards asset class like stocks, pressure metals and real estate. If you're here long enough you'll notice that this kind of stuff happens regularly so it shouldn't be much of a concern.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 268
Graphic & Motion Designer
Since OP doesn't include any link on the main post, I try to search on google about the recent crypto whale wallet movement, and all I can find is this article. Based on that article there the crypto whale(s) was releaseing ETH and LTC, the amount is more than 100M so it is huge amount. It should be impactful, but I don't think it will end the crypto or bitcoin era. 
Activity: 770
Merit: 556
We can just make an assumption because there's no proof if the owner sold all of their coins and withdraw it in fiat, what we know is the owner move his old coins, that's all.

No, I don't think they sold because they're moving to fiat, Bitcoin and fiat are completely different, they should have sold their coins before if they not trust in Bitcoin.

No, not the end of Bitcoin era. Maybe diversification or something else.

The tightening laws about cryptocurrency shouldn't make them get rid off from Bitcoin because there's a way to exchange and cash out without KYC.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1864
The whales stirred. What should we expect?

Judging by the information coming in, a lot of ancient "crypto whale" wallets that have not created any movement with Bitcoin, for many years, have recently "come to life". Recently, assets have started to be transferred from these wallets to the exchanges. The withdrawal to the exchanges, kind of hints that these amounts are being withdrawn to sell Bitcoin. Question to the esteemed public ! What is this ?
- the end of the short era of cryptocurrencies ? Owners are actively moving into fiat
- the end of the Bitcoin era ? Are they selling it to change cryptoasset for storage ? And what is this crypto asset?
- regulators have "gotten their way", cryptocurrency is losing support and interest ?
- your version ?
Pages:
Jump to: