Pages:
Author

Topic: The worst ever that could happen - page 3. (Read 3555 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
February 10, 2014, 03:13:04 PM
best luck getting that coinage back. feel gutted for you

Thanks buddy. I'm nervous since the funds were already swept out, as you can see. Was hoping it was my wallet in some account I forgot about. I'm hoping it's the instawallet guy who swept the funds. Cross your fingers guys. Can anyone tell anything?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 10, 2014, 01:55:14 PM
best luck getting that coinage back. feel gutted for you
February 10, 2014, 01:46:03 PM
BTW, whoever sent that .01 donation, THANK YOU!
February 10, 2014, 01:37:35 PM
15KUecgaW2x4tDwRWfpnMJxq4RRJ5Z7fQN

Not sure why it seemed nerves got raised in here but all I needed was to get back to work to give it to you guys. Well, here it is. I'm very appreciative for any help at all.

The only other time I deposited into this address was back in 2011. I really remember this being an Instawallet address. Like I said I'm in touch with owner/partner/whatever and waiting for news. I'll update on progress. Let me know what you guys can tell. PM me if necessary.

Thank you very much.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
no need to carry heavy money bags anymore
February 09, 2014, 05:19:02 PM
Sorry for your loss. 3.2 BTC is a pretty big one.

On the good side, at least you'll have a cool story to tell your kids/friends in a few years!

Really!? You sent $250 million worth of Bitcoin to the wrong address!?

At least the other guy got a pizza....
thats a good one, despite the severity of this thread you make me laugh

sorry for your loss CryptoMiner you should post the transaction ID, maybe somebody traded with this address and can direct you
February 09, 2014, 04:58:44 PM
Hey, you know what guys? Anyone remember instawallet? It's a strong possibility that's where I sent those funds to. I remember fooling around with the service and sending money back and forth. One of the 2 transactions on the only other day I used that wallet address back in 2011 was me sending funds from an instawallet address. It's easy to see since it's labeled as such. Also, when I click that instawallet labeled address, you can see over a quarter million bitcoins were sent into that address in it's entire history.

I'm not that good with researching on the block chain  but I think the address I sent the 3.2btc to is also an instawallet address.( I'll look but I don't think I have the addresses saved on this computer client on work computer) but I will look. More importantly, if anyone is good with block chain research and think they can help me figure this out, I can restore the backup wallet on the computer I am using now and get you that address.

Someone mentioned that I should send a small transaction with a note hoping it would reach someone who owns that wallet. I thought you did that using the "sign message" option under the file menu in the client, but that was wrong. I still ended up sending an additional .000911 to that address, hoping to send an emergency message.

Angry I'm pissed that those funds were swept out today. Can you believe that someone sees 3.2btc magically appear in their account?? Thing is, I cant think of anyone I sent money to back then. Bitcoins were a rare breed still. It was mostly me playing with mtgox and instawallet back then.

Here it is again. Of course I would like help. It was almost 3 g's. Still, it was my idiotic move.
February 09, 2014, 04:54:02 PM
@Cryptominer not sure why you ignored BurtW's message but please provide tx id or address.

Yes, are you just here to complain, or are you looking for actual help?

If you want some help, simply provide the transactionID.  At least then someone can take a look at the transactions and see if there is anything they can identify  about it.

Read my posts and you'll see now I mentioned it 3 times.
February 09, 2014, 04:52:49 PM
Please give us the address and/or transaction ID

@Cryptominer not sure why you ignored BurtW's message but please provide tx id or address.

Not ignoring, I thought I said in my previous post that the wallet is on my computer at work. I'll be back there Monday (tomorrow ) and I'll post it. Would be awesome if you guys can help etermine if indedd it was an instawallet addy. I'm in touch with the guy BTW and he's looking.
Activity: 28
February 09, 2014, 07:39:49 AM
Share this
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
February 08, 2014, 09:26:31 AM

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
February 08, 2014, 09:21:36 AM
I hope you learn from this. Be extra careful dealing bitcoins especially if high amounts. This is also happen to me when the price was $90. I withdraw 1.2 btc to a wrong address. I was very sleepy that time.
February 08, 2014, 12:17:25 AM
Hey, you know what guys? Anyone remember instawallet? It's a strong possibility that's where I sent those funds to. I remember fooling around with the service and sending money back and forth. One of the 2 transactions on the only other day I used that wallet address back in 2011 was me sending funds from an instawallet address. It's easy to see since it's labeled as such. Also, when I click that instawallet labeled address, you can see over a quarter million bitcoins were sent into that address in it's entire history.

I'm not that good with researching on the block chain  but I think the address I sent the 3.2btc to is also an instawallet address. I'll look but I don't think I have the addresses saved on this computer (client on work computer) but I will look. More importantly, if anyone is good with block chain research and think they can help me figure this out, I can restore the backup wallet on the computer I am using now and get you that address.

Someone mentioned that I should send a small transaction with a note hoping it would reach someone who owns that wallet. I thought you did that using the "sign message" option under the file menu in the client, but that was wrong. I still ended up sending an additional .000911 to that address, hoping to send an emergency message.

Angry I'm pissed that those funds were swept out today. Can you believe that someone sees 3.2btc magically appear in their account?? Thing is, I cant think of anyone I sent money to back then. Bitcoins were a rare breed still. It was mostly me playing with mtgox and instawallet back then.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 07, 2014, 09:19:46 PM
Atleast it was 3.2 btc and not 3.3!

Activity: 133
Merit: 100
February 07, 2014, 08:22:19 PM
Man that sucks!  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
February 07, 2014, 08:07:29 PM
3.2. Jeeeesus. That's gotta hurt. Donation address?

15KdygTSeuV4AXGh91X7xfymBJt7UzXgK7

Donations of course appreciated but don't worry about it. Thought that counts. Guess what...Someone moved that 3.2 out of there TODAY! Now I'm crying. Someone got a nice frigging gift man. And they realized it =(
February 07, 2014, 08:05:51 PM

15KdygTSeuV4AXGh91X7xfymBJt7UzXgK7

Donations of course appreciated but don't worry about it. Thought that counts so thank you... Guess what...Someone moved that 3.2 out of there TODAY! Now I'm crying. Someone got a nice frigging gift man. And they realized it =(
February 07, 2014, 07:56:31 PM
I flipped bro, trust me, lol. I flipped. I'm over it now though, sure does hurt to see the 3.2 sitting there, especially knowing it must have belonged to me somehow, someway. It'll really be a killer when coins are 5 digits, lol.
Activity: 28
February 05, 2014, 11:14:05 PM
Wow that sucks man. If i had 3.2 BTC ,  and I used the wrong address, I would flip. GL getting your money back.
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
February 05, 2014, 09:42:42 PM
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
February 05, 2014, 08:40:17 PM
If you want to you can post the transaction ID here and we can all try to help you.  May not come to anything buy may be worth the try.

+1
Pages:
Jump to: