Pages:
Author

Topic: TheBitMint - Buy Bitcoins With PayPal (Site Closed) - page 16. (Read 28005 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Bitcoins would be a little complicated because I purchased from everyone at different rates but if we can all agree on one fixed price per coin it would be pretty simple. I would only  have to write one money order to one person who will take it for bitcoins. Money orders on the others hand would be a little harder for me bc I have to fill them all out but will work pretty well.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
1Kf5qMuQkN3T2dAR4EPeBZREnfy6C7MWAS

I screwed up on the total. Its $600.

I would prefer bitcoins
Or a USPS money order with tracking.

The Only thing is that my paypal account was a business account for my LLC
and I don't think it show my name Only my Business Name

Anyone know what ID would be required for a cashing a MO made out to a business.

---------------------------------------------------
 $40 - Unique Transaction ID # 5KC55551L6278421G
 $20 - Unique Transaction ID # 83563526SH281730U
 $50 - Unique Transaction ID # 57907370R64832243
 $50 - Unique Transaction ID # 5XJ43285W8169715B
 $40 - Unique Transaction ID # 7UR80556E2735483X
$200 - Unique Transaction ID # 0JX22215FH012201M
$200 - Unique Transaction ID # 5PC314948F217464A
----------------------------------------------------
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
They have finalized the reversal of the transactions that I received.  That means the money is now back in TheBitMan's account. 
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
reviewing usually means they do nothing on it, then all of a sudden every open case gets closed.
Let us know as soon as you get the result.
It now says that paypal is reviewing all cases which is a good thing, no waiting on other party.
Activity: 388
I'd take a USPS MO
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Money order sounds good.
A USPS money order will work because they are easy to cash at any PO. If you have a fake one they will not cash it.

A Bank Money Order are much harder to cash and easy to fake. I would not deposit any money order in a bank account because you can use it after 24-48 hours but it can take up to two weeks to clear and bounce.
Go directly to the bank that the money order is from local branch and try to cash it.

I see fake MO's around every 3-4 months from ebay.

Any word/updates on getting anything back?
How does a money order sound for everyone? We all have to wait until the 18th and see what happens..
Any word/updates on getting anything back?
legendary
There is no set way that this works when the terms are not stated in advance.  Both ways could be argued reasonably. 

No it couldn't.

He BOUGHT BTC for USD.  That was the deal.  x BTC for y USD.  Now Paypal blocked/reversed the payment but the debt incurred is in USD.  Settlement is separate from the transaction.  It doesn't magically become a debt in BTC.  No where, no court, anywhere on the planet would find the alternative "reasonable".

BitMit owes y USD to his creditors.  If he chooses to repay in BTC (which I certainly hope he does) the amount owed is still in USD. 

I am happy to get USD as originally agreed to. 

But if you make a trade, and that is what this was, and someone takes back what you traded, getting back what you ORIGINALLY started with is not an insane or even an out of the ordinary demand. 

Your statement of 'No where, no court, anywhere on the planet would find the alternative "reasonable".' is not correct. 
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
There is no set way that this works when the terms are not stated in advance.  Both ways could be argued reasonably. 

No it couldn't.

He BOUGHT BTC for USD.  That was the deal.  x BTC for y USD.  Now Paypal blocked/reversed the payment but the debt incurred is in USD.  Settlement is separate from the transaction.  It doesn't magically become a debt in BTC.  No where, no court, anywhere on the planet would find the alternative "reasonable".

BitMit owes y USD to his creditors.  If he chooses to repay in BTC (which I certainly hope he does) the amount owed is still in USD. 

I agree. Too many people try to change the terms of the transactions in their favor from when the deal was made to when the deal is settled whenever there is a change in exchange rate.
This +1. Original deal is for x BTC for y USD.
Activity: 388

No it couldn't.

I agree. Too many people try to change the terms of the transactions in their favor from when the deal was made to when the deal is settled whenever there is a change in exchange rate.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

No it couldn't.

legendary
My Payment address 1Kf5qMuQkN3T2dAR4EPeBZREnfy6C7MWAS

I sold $540 worth alot less than I thought Smiley

All transactions will have my business LLC name on them not greenbtc or my name.

I want my return in coins as well. I can't trust him anymore. And I want the same amount of coins I originally sent for my transactions..
Yeah... No. It doesn't work that way. If you get your money back in bitcoins, it will be the USD value you are owed converted to bitcoins at market price. If bitcoin crashed, I'm sure you would have asked for USD instead, right?
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

All transactions will have my business LLC name on them not greenbtc or my name.

I want my return in coins as well. I can't trust him anymore. And I want the same amount of coins I originally sent for my transactions..
Yeah... No. It doesn't work that way. If you get your money back in bitcoins, it will be the USD value you are owed converted to bitcoins at market price. If bitcoin crashed, I'm sure you would have asked for USD instead, right?
Activity: 294

also waiting...

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
i have to wait until they unlock the payments,i cant send the money untile they unlock it and i have heard twice it should be in about 10-15 days
Are you able to front the money yourself?
He's a kid, so no. Just be patient.
Pages:
Jump to: