Pages:
Author

Topic: Theory on Ghash situation. price manipulation. - page 3. (Read 2869 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Nope..
Just how "deep in management" you think 2 or 3 people go?  I doubt this is a Fortune 100 company. 
Activity: 280
Merit: 257
bluemeanie
I tend to think that yes, this was a price manipulation.  If so it's a great time to get in.

-bm
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
i've always thought ghash was a great pool and still is.  the strangest thing about this whole situation is the contradiction between their previous interview (against 51%) and then of course their actions that followed. making me think it was simply some corruption happening deep within management. i probably dont have enough evidence {hence why its a theory} but the biggest clue is the btc price. when they passed 50% there was a large drop and then it seemed there was a very large amount of bidding and bullish movement right before they pulled a portion of their hash power out of the pool. if this was simple price manipulation it was a great move but you would think it would damage their business more than anything, which is why i think it was out of the interest of a single or small handful of individuals with ulterior motives and of course going against what the public wanted them to do (keeping the network decentralized). in the end i applaud ghash because it could possibly give the dev team a reality check while its still early in the game. keeps them on their feet.  thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: