Pages:
Author

Topic: There are so many cryptocurrencies in the market, what do they do? - page 5. (Read 525 times)

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
That's right, there's no use for most of the altcoins in the market.

Although they have market cap that sums to the total crypto market cap. That's all, they contribute to the whole market through the money that comes to them but with real usage, I don't find any.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
I have a lot of questions about the cryptocurrency market.What is the role of so many cryptocurrencies?I feel that there is no other use besides hype.

Yep, majority of them are useless tokens and is design to create hype and pump-and-dump to make more money for the whales and manipulators. So it's obvious that those coins will just die or lost to oblivion.

On the other hand, there are coins as well that offer real life usage, and enjoy the support of most crypto enthusiast. Tit-for-tat.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
I have a lot of questions about the cryptocurrency market.What is the role of so many cryptocurrencies?I feel that there is no other use besides hype.
Every day there are cryptocurrencies that been created and all of the cryptocurrencies that been created have their own purposes. We can see a lot of cryptocurrency in market but not all of them are alive and some of them are dead because there is no volume. Lastly, I think the top cryptocurrencies have a big role and purposes in our economy and market.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
There are more than 2100 current cryptocurrency listed in coinmarket, but only about 200 cryptocurrency is practically applied and has the future. And all the remaining cryptocurrency is created to scam people and just to pump and dump to make money from this market
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
your feeling is correct. the only use case of 99% of the altcoins nowadays is to be pumped and dumped so that people can make profit, mostly on their bitcoins that they invest in altcoins.

but initially altcoins started as an alternative to bitcoin so that we can use the full of potential technology called blockchain in other forms but eventually developers realized they can make a lot of money by not wasting time on innovation and spending time on hype and pumping.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
And will be much more. Mosre than 95% are for nothing. They are useless. But some of them have their own usage. For exa,ple DexAge will use their token DXG as a fee. And t's good. Because it's a tokenomy.
Activity: 574
Merit: 101
They do nothing for now. There are so many cryptocurrencies, because the crypto ecosystem created an infrastructure for fundraising. So, 99% of the coins were created just for the sole purpose of founders raising funds and they don't give a shit about the coin or the investors after the crowdfunding period.
Activity: 452
Merit: 2
EPSILOAN.xyz
a lot of new altoin when entering the stock exchange sometimes doesn't have further growth, I also wonder why it's always like that or maybe it all takes a long process when coins it to really have great potential and are worthy of competing like other popular altcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 251
MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

The main role is to get all your bitcoins or fiat)) Joking of course) If you study all the coins with their own blockchains out there you will understand that they differ a lot and can benefit their users a lot. For sure some of the coins are just competitors but there are those which can complement each other. Just learn about top100 coins on the coinmarketcap and you will see everything by yourself.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
Really I'm tempted to conclude that we have already seen the best of coins in btc, etheruem, litecoin and very few others. These three existing coins are the ones with real crypto value and not coins that will be hyped or pumped after few days in the market, then the next week, it loses 90% value. A sign of shit coin, don't invest in such coin because it is going to its burial site.  
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
Most of the coin in the market are just useless, they have nothing to offer than pump and dump kind of game, that are just tools to scam people.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1013
Be A Digital Miner

Yes, it is. I don't see the real use case for me except BTC and ETH. I use them to make payments between my friends and partners. Stablecoins are ok as well - they are necessary for hedging. The rest are just speculative assets, nothing more.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
I have been browsing a lot of crypto currencies lately and mostly are ERC20 tokens under Ethereum.
Their projects are also for their own company. The tokens will only be used for the application that they will make and will stay like that.
Although they will be listed also in some trading websites. But just a few are good enough to be listed in a trusted exchange.

Unlike bitcoin, ETH and LTC which are for transactions of everything that requires payment. I would really stick with that for starters.
Activity: 784
Merit: 21
Many coins and tokens on the market are just copy cats of the good ones with no real use and they are just there to make profits out of your invested money I called this types 'pump and dump ' coins and yet there are good ones that I personally think they make a lot of sense to exist ,for example ABC coin a digital platform for decentralized Authenticity of identities, signatures and documents, using blockchain protocols which is something reasonable ,and that is a good use of blockchain
Activity: 518
Merit: 1
I think most of them 70-80% are of face cryptocurrency, which just pump and dump the coin for their own benefits, and fade away from coinmarketcap from time to time. Only very less cryptocurrency which really works for an definite concept for transfer money in the form of tokens.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2012
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
How hype is related to many cryptocurrencies. People are coming up a lot of ideas to make crypto as better although most of those aren't fulfilling the criteria and they are just copy version from others. The reason behind many crypto now is being rich by bringing up a crypto.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

People wants to earn money and there are various reasons why developers develop new projects. It is either they want to develop products that could possibly help users/investors to earn and use their products or to create an innovation that could improve how things uses to be.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

They take challenge to survive, nothing's wrong with that. Hype is not good for us will create bankrupt people every day in high number, recognize this system before enter program. No ones can't stop cryptocurrency, just use it to change your life, that's the idea.
Activity: 409
Merit: 10
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

Yep, almost coins now are just used to transfer and trade to earn the profit and speculation for the future. Haven't seen clearly their uses in life yet
Activity: 342
Merit: 110
Most of these cryptocurrencies have specific projects backing them. But the main reason why there are a lot of cryptocurrencies is because of crowdfunding which the crypto coin is  used by project teams to raise money to fund their project. These coins are used as fuels to support their services and project.
Pages:
Jump to: