Pages:
Author

Topic: There have to be so many people who know who Satoshi really is - page 2. (Read 2874 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
whenever satoshi talked to people it was on IRC and forums like this.

so Doublelucky by replying to you with an idea or a comment, does that magically mean i know your real life name? ... nope
does your entire family and real life friends know you as Doublelucky, or is that just a pseudonym you use for people you talk to online.

satoshi is to bitcoin, is as Steve Wozniak was to Apple. yet no one cares about wozniak. everyone cares about Jobs (GavinA)

as for what brought you to bitcoin, being it that satoshi's secrecy is sexually appealing to you. that there, is more reason not to reveal him so that you never lose that sexy feeling about bitcoin.

i also wish people asking who satoshi is, would atleast stick to one forum thread asking that question. there must be atleast 1000 of these threads asking the same question. and atleast a new thread popping up each week, once the last thread disappears off of page one of this forum.

calm down..

Obviously me posting on a forum doesn't mean people magically know who I am in real life.. I just meant that if I came up with something as epic as Bitcoin, I would probably tell my mom or my wife at some point..

and my real question really was does a website like p2pfoundation, where Satoshi posted and created an account, have access to information such as to Satoshi's IP address where he logged on from, or whatever other information that is potentially footprinted onto the web? I told you, I'm not technically savvy at all about how the Internet works, just wondering if somebody with the knowledge can shed some light (you clearly cannot so just move on)
Activity: 285
Merit: 100
Assuming all this was legal and assuming we had open access to all the "hidden" data available, would we have all the tools required to decipher who Satoshi is?
His name should not be public.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
What is the possibility that Satoshi is the NSA or another government agency?

very high
MZD
Activity: 189
Plot twist: Doublelucky is Satoshi.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
whenever satoshi talked to people it was on IRC and forums like this.

so Doublelucky by replying to you with an idea or a comment, does that magically mean i know your real life name? ... nope
does your entire family and real life friends know you as Doublelucky, or is that just a pseudonym you use for people you talk to online.

satoshi is to bitcoin, is as Steve Wozniak was to Apple. yet no one cares about wozniak. everyone cares about Jobs (GavinA)

as for what brought you to bitcoin, being it that satoshi's secrecy is sexually appealing to you. that there, is more reason not to reveal him so that you never lose that sexy feeling about bitcoin.

i also wish people asking who satoshi is, would atleast stick to one forum thread asking that question. there must be atleast 1000 of these threads asking the same question. and atleast a new thread popping up each week, once the last thread disappears off of page one of this forum.
since satoshi is not actually his name ,nobody in real life like his x-gfs etc would know him as that

quite similar  to DPR from silk rd ,all the people close to him have no idea he could have been the boss
of the worlds largest drug market for the last few years .......

I was just quick to assume that everybody has somebody in their life who knows their 'true identity'
But it probably is as simple as a man with some self control.. Maybe it's not as uncommon as I thought
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
since satoshi is not actually his name ,nobody in real life like his x-gfs etc would know him as that

quite similar  to DPR from silk rd ,all the people close to him have no idea he could have been the boss
of the worlds largest drug market for the last few years .......

Who is to say it has not been leaked? Just hard to pick out the right guy when there are 10,000 different people claiming there are 1,000 different Satoshi's eh?

Smiley

I've read some of the more popular claims of Satoshi's identity, but they're always based on a combination of gathered facts, patterns, coincidences, etc

have there been any claims from people who claim to know Satoshi directly? or know of somebody who does? I haven't read one yet, would be interesting..
Activity: 157
What is the possibility that Satoshi is the NSA or another government agency?
Personal question:  Why is this an issue for you?  Does it really matter?  Just curious.

By no means is it an "issue" for me..

I'm just genuinely curious

One of the first things that really drew me into learning more about Bitcoin was the whole mystery around Satoshi..  The mystery is really sexy to me and I'm dying of curiosity

but maybe it's like a magic trick in that it's the mystery of it that makes it sexy, once you know how the trick works, it kind of kills it
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
Personal question:  Why is this an issue for you?  Does it really matter?  Just curious.
There have to be so many people who know who Satoshi really is, how has it not been leaked yet?

(If Satoshi is indeed a single man) Whether that be people he's met via the online world, or people in his real life who've helped him see the Bitcoin project through.. a girlfriend? A best friend? Family members? Friends? His IRL social circle?

If Satoshi is a group of people or an organization, wouldn't it be even easier to leak? Did they all swear an oath in blood to never say a word?

On a similar note:
I'm in no way technically savvy when it comes to Internet protocol and its capabilities, but am I wrong to assume that Satoshi left behind a trail of 'digital footprints' which could be traced (if desired) by whatever server or host is behind any of the various forums or websites he posted on? Doesn't google or NSA have the capability of tracing the IP address or whatever back to where Satoshi logged into his forum account from? Or where he sent his e-mails from?

Assuming all this was legal and assuming we had open access to all the "hidden" data available, would we have all the tools required to decipher who Satoshi is?

Pages:
Jump to: