Pages:
Author

Topic: There's gonna be a tidal wave/tsunami - page 4. (Read 5487 times)

legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1042
Hamster ate my bitcoin
November 17, 2012, 11:04:25 PM
Love made you.  It's really simple.  Consciousness created ego to experience self from a third perspective point of view.  God made man, through the process of the big bang, evolution, up to now.  Our world is a product of consciousness, and humans are learning about the truth of our existence.

I take it your not a big fan of science and reason.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
November 17, 2012, 10:44:49 PM
Love made you.  It's really simple.  Consciousness created ego to experience self from a third perspective point of view.  God made man, through the process of the big bang, evolution, up to now.  Our world is a product of consciousness, and humans are learning about the truth of our existence.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
November 17, 2012, 10:24:32 PM
Yeah, but nothing around you really exists, it's all created in your head.  From consciousness.  You perceive light waves, sound waves and different types of energy to produce an experience of life.

If you fall from a 20th storey window you're going to go splat, even if your internal reality tells you that you can fly - gravity has an objective existence which isn't overcome by your beliefs, altered perceptions or delusions.  It's not "created in your head".

You should really read up on cults and mass delusions.

By the way, to be internally consistent you would need to hold the viewpoint that emotions - including love - are also just illusions not that "love conquers all".
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 17, 2012, 10:13:59 PM
Yeah, but nothing around you really exists, it's all created in your head.  From consciousness.  You perceive light waves, sound waves and different types of energy to produce an experience of life.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
November 17, 2012, 09:37:20 PM
Then how do we have dreams?

When we are dreaming, it is our perception of reality that has changed, not reality itself.

Same when we're high, develop certain neurological conditions or experience certain mental illnesses.  There are plenty of ways to alter consciousness - they're not all benign.
legendary
Hamster ate my bitcoin
November 17, 2012, 09:33:21 PM

When we are dreaming, it is our perception of reality that has changed, not reality itself.
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 17, 2012, 09:25:42 PM
legendary
Hamster ate my bitcoin
November 17, 2012, 09:22:22 PM
But it exists, does it not?  How can you declare one part of existence more real than another?

Things can only exist within reality.
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 17, 2012, 09:12:43 PM
So everything is real, right?  Remember, we all create our own reality in our head.  Since we have different perspectives and beliefs, we often live in our own realities.  There is only one true reality, and it's not the one we're in.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
November 17, 2012, 09:09:53 PM
But it exists, does it not?  How can you declare one part of existence more real than another?
You can't, if its real, its part of reality
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 17, 2012, 09:08:25 PM
legendary
Hamster ate my bitcoin
November 17, 2012, 09:00:10 PM
Quote from: dank
There are infinite realities.

By definition, anything outside of reality is not real.
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 17, 2012, 08:53:39 PM
I think all dreams are signs, you choose how to interpret so.  They're an experience after all, a change of perception.  You always learn from experiencing an alteration of senses.  How much you learn is dependent on how aware you are.

I agree with you.  However dreams cannot predict the future; nothing can.
This is simply false.  Evolution follows a logical process, just as history does.  You can learn from the past to understand the future.  You're asserting that you know for fact, when you really don't know.

Yogi, can't dreams simply be an alternate reality?  There are infinite realities, after all.

There is only one reality, if something does not exist within reality then it does not exist.
Dreams take place in the mind.
There is only one universe.  There are infinite realities.  Life is one reality, our dreams are another.  Everything exists, otherwise you wouldn't experience it.
legendary
Hamster ate my bitcoin
November 17, 2012, 08:48:09 PM
Yogi, can't dreams simply be an alternate reality?  There are infinite realities, after all.

There is only one reality, if something does not exist within reality then it does not exist.
Dreams take place in the mind.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
November 17, 2012, 08:44:17 PM
I think all dreams are signs, you choose how to interpret so.  They're an experience after all, a change of perception.  You always learn from experiencing an alteration of senses.  How much you learn is dependent on how aware you are.

I agree with you.  However dreams cannot predict the future; nothing can.
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 17, 2012, 08:40:06 PM
I think all dreams are signs, you choose how to interpret so.  They're an experience after all, a change of perception.  You always learn from experiencing an alteration of senses.  How much you learn is dependent on how aware you are.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
November 17, 2012, 08:35:44 PM
I've always heard that water in dreams reflects things worth worrying about, so small amounts mean worry a little, a tidal wave could mean that you see things building up, The water is shallow now but soon you'll be in over your head

Of course, I don't think dreams mean anything much at all, Its just a movie that plays while the brain defrags

Edit RE:tectonic lubrication
The plates float on molten rock right?
Does oil even go that far down?
Would it even still be oil if it did get there?
Could oil lubricate anything in that heat/pressure?
Vod
legendary
November 17, 2012, 08:32:50 PM
Oil doesn't keep your car cool and functional? 

Did you know cars and plate tectonics work differently?  There is not enough oil in the planet to lubricate plates like oil does in a car.   Roll Eyes

This is why mechanics don't double as seismologists.
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 17, 2012, 08:26:55 PM
Oil doesn't keep your car cool and functional?  Don't you see, global warming is caused by the negativity abundance on earth, we've made an impact on earth and now nature is correcting itself.  That's what nature does.

Vod
legendary
November 17, 2012, 08:20:10 PM
Very interesting, thanks for sharing.  We've been depleting earth of it's oil for quite some time, removing the lubricant from the earth's plates, it makes sense that a tsunami of some sort could spawn as a result of the damage to our home.

You don't know anything about oil.  The earth's rotation causes oil to move under the ground through the various types of crust until it hits rock that is not porous enough, and it pools.  That's why oil exists in certain spots even though organic matter decays all over the planet.  Oil doesn't lubricate anything.  I work in the oil fields - I know this for a fact.

I, too, have recurring dreams about tidal waves.  I'm sure everyone does.  In my dreams the waves keep getting higher and higher but I always (barely) manage to stay above them.  Since the future cannot be predicted, these dreams can't mean anything.
Pages:
Jump to: