Pages:
Author

Topic: These 24 ICOs raised $2.8 Billion. They have almost 0 trading volume. - page 2. (Read 565 times)

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502
Well, nice compilation and a great illustration of the human stupidity. I've always avoided crypto startups aim of which  was collect as more cash as possible. Only once i'd broke this rule, but to be honest still believe in project i invested.
Activity: 266
Merit: 7
ICOs is very risky when the market is not good. Hopefully, it'll be better in the future.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Only had of few among the listed ico coin, but raising huge money during the ICO doesn't mean the coin will have huge trading volume, volumes is been determined by the market force, If a team put much effort to marketing then the price will go up but as it stand, i don't know most of these coins and so it will be for other people
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
Very nice research, this is the reality, many researches found out that 90% ICOs are pure scams and this only confirms this claim.
But, it would be nice to make deep research, if these projects are alive, or dead without any progress.
If the coins are any good then there is a chance that their volume grows and they will be fine and it is possible that they find people interested not only in trading those coins but in holding them as well, but due to the market conditions people are very mistrustful about what is happening and so many coins that could be considered to be legitimate projects are having problems as well because no one wants to invest in those coins.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
I haven't even heard of the top 2 on this list. Is it actually proven that they raised these funds or did they just claim to do so to encourage other investment? I can only assume they're known scams with such low volume nowadays.

You look at the trading volumes from the top 20. Cardano has a daily trading volume of less than $ 20 million, Monero 18, IOTA 10, and so on. Over the past few weeks, the market collapsed and we see how small amounts affect the price of these coins. A project with a capitalization of billions of dollars cannot lose 20% with a daily volume of 10 million.
Projects that are listed in the table created only for the rapid enrichment of their owners. Half project fraudulent.

I think you'd be surprised with how little it takes to move the market cap of a project. Especially in a bear market such as this. I did not realize that the trading volume for those coins was still so low, it shows how insignificant they still are relative to bitcoin which still has billions of trading volume each and every day.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
the industry continues to grow, but actually what is wrong with the ICO system, I don't think ICOs have problems, but new projects seem to be faced with deteriorating markets, so they are not ready to face the bad times of the market.
Activity: 364
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
it's so sad how these things happened this 2018 after many have hoped that 2018 could be the best year for cryptos, but all hope is not lost, next year might be good for this ICO, some might rise up due to the utility on their platform
Activity: 462
Merit: 1
Let's be frank. Now the market is painful to watch. Who will look at Dragon. When BTC with a mate ETH Fly into the vile. The fact that the project has collected money does not mean that it is good. And the article is excellent.

Activity: 504
Merit: 16
Actually I am not quite sure about your research, but as I know Dropil have collected about 20 millions not 60 millions,so I I guess the others ICOs may have none precious data.
Activity: 487
What an expository article! I have also come to notice that the zeal and vibrancy with which developers launch ICOs die a natural death several months after the ICO conclusion. Many deviate from roadmap or even abandon it totally. It is quite unfortunate and doesn't leave a good mark on the cryptocurrency community
Activity: 112
So many thrash projects were launched into the crypto space during boom of 2017 and it was so damn easy for them make a lot a money due to the boom. I've never heard of some of the projects on that list especially the first two. Imagine the amount of money these guys made from selling useless coins and collecting the real thing in exchange. It's so unfortunate, and I'm glad the investing public are wiser and more critical of these ICOs now.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
Since the beginning of February almost all the altcoin trading volume has increased a lot along with the price, but after a few months later the trading volume dropped significantly along with the price. So I'm sure this has made the money of most traders stuck in some altcoin for quite a long time. So in my opinion this is a natural thing
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 3
Except projects have executable road map, investors will just sell off their tokens and chase another project for quick returns. It's difficult for investors to dump and abandon good working project. Bankera has been very down. Although I see it as a good project in the long term.
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
Very nice research, this is the reality, many researches found out that 90% ICOs are pure scams and this only confirms this claim.
But, it would be nice to make deep research, if these projects are alive, or dead without any progress.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
Its because everything is pegged to Bitcoin market. And since Bitcoin has suffered as well, it trickled down to altcoin markets. Specially along the stretch beginning in June. There are some successful ICO is 2018, but there are no holders and buyers.

Mostly, bounty hunters just dump and then ICO projects as well. Just look at how ETH suffered and you will see how everyone is really dumping after the tokens have been released and listed on an exchange. So I'm not surprised if there no volume of most successful ICO's in 2017/2018.
Activity: 532
I haven't even heard of the top 2 on this list. Is it actually proven that they raised these funds or did they just claim to do so to encourage other investment? I can only assume they're known scams with such low volume nowadays.
I did heard about Tatatu and the amount they raised during ICO. You might be right about them or maybe this happened because they didn't expand their project by not listing token to top exchanges. More exchanges means more investors, more volume and Tatatu is only available on 2 exchanges atm.
Activity: 644
I disagree with you about Dropil and Tradove as they have 100k average volume per day. These projects are legit they have a very good developer behind them. The prices of these two are now below ICO price and knowing almost all alt coins and tokens are down. Dropil have a very good platform and they have great products and Tradove is SEC registered in one of the state in the US. I don't want to be biased as I'm a holder of these two great startup companies and this is my honest opinion based on facts.
Activity: 212
Plenty of bagholders from those ICO's.
copper member
Activity: 280
It is really horrible to say the least, Imagine how much the developers must have dumped seeing the huge market swipe. No one should ever be emotional about any coin. It seems the trend moved from holding to dumping immediately once it hits exchange. Some of these coins may rise eventually but just very few percentage of them. Participated in Naga and Ucash and were all huge disappointment
Activity: 1064
HELENA
the beginning of their ico began many people thought that the project would later develop. but the reality is not that beautiful, I can imagine how the investors who joined the project felt. and I think the development team doesn't do anything to increase the trading volume of the altcoins they have.
Pages:
Jump to: