Pages:
Author

Topic: TheShowOff-all ANTMINER mining rigs. - page 8. (Read 32269 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Cryptocurrency Rules man!
March 06, 2014, 05:32:31 PM
Are there any pc cases that would fit 2 antminer s1 in it? I wanted to know because my Local Datacenter requires it in a enclosure. If any body have any good ideas let me know thanks!
donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!
March 06, 2014, 05:13:29 PM
LOL

These are hosted from my hosted ANT group buy.  The photo is a repost from the main thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/unicornhasher-ant-miner-s1-devices-and-hosting-open-454635
Activity: 253
Merit: 101
March 06, 2014, 05:11:17 PM

Buck Rogers and Street Fighter 2, nice.
donator
It's for the children!
March 06, 2014, 03:05:20 PM
I keep all of mine in 4U rack mount cases so not much to look at from the front.

Here is the back of a leased pair:

https://i.imgur.com/TCpdpnD.jpg?1

So your psu sucking heat from side of miner?

Yes,

I had thought of isolating everything and sticking three ANT's per chassis.  This setup takes a whole 5 minutes and the miners run at 43-44F so I figured I would leave it alone.  If I need more space I can always stack 3 and vent the PSU above the miners.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
March 06, 2014, 02:59:42 PM
I keep all of mine in 4U rack mount cases so not much to look at from the front.

So your psu sucking heat from side of miner?
donator
It's for the children!
March 06, 2014, 12:33:36 PM

Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
March 05, 2014, 11:18:51 PM

This is just part of my mining setup...some Bitfury and BFL gear is off-frame to the left.  Each Antminer gets its own power supply.  Both are modular; the first one (on the right) has a 600W Corsair, while the second one (on the left) has a 550W Seasonic.  The Corsair puts both of its PCIe outputs on a single cable, which gets a little warmer than I'd like; the Seasonic uses a cable for each and is a better (if more expensive) choice.

They're on a wire rack in the laundry room.  Connection is through an 8-port switch connected to the LAN through an 85-Mbps (yeah, right!) powerline-networking adapter.  I could possibly clean things up by switching to WiFi: add antennas to the Antminers and a WiFi USB dongle to the Raspberry Pi in the Bitfury rig.  Ventilation is pretty decent; you barely feel some warm air coming from the power supplies, but all of the miners keep the room toasty.  The Kill-a-Watt (not shown, but it's below the picture) says everything's pulling about 1.08 kW.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
March 05, 2014, 04:51:20 AM
When covering my ants I found that it increased the fan speed and it got a little louder  Undecided
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
March 04, 2014, 08:39:15 PM

Two of my six Antminers. I've made custom covers for all of them, which helps force a lot more air over the heat sinks and chips.

My brother actually suggested that i should do the same about a week ago.

He said it will work out much better to reduce heat that way.

So, how is it going?

EDIT: Doesn't the hot air coming out from one Ant affect the heat of the other?
I mean because you have them facing the opposite direction.

I usually have them facing the same direction, I just turned one around to take the picture.

I have a IR temp gun and found that without the cover, the chips closest to the fans get up to about 103^F and the chips furthest away get up to 135^F. With the covers on, the chips all seem to settle around 118-122^F. Without the cover the heatsink end gets up to 120-123^F, but the cover brings the heatsink down to 115-118^F.

If people are interested in covers, I am considering making them for sale. I think they would sell for around BTC .018 - .020 depending on exchange. Powder coated .025" aluminum, would include a bottom plate, back cover with cable pass-thru and top cover.

I think you should but you should do it now.
Summer is just around the corner, and when something can help bring the heat down....

Have you considered starting up a group buy and see how that goes?

EDIT: I can start one for you if you want  Grin

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
March 04, 2014, 08:27:01 PM

Two of my six Antminers. I've made custom covers for all of them, which helps force a lot more air over the heat sinks and chips.

So, how is it going?

I usually have them facing the same direction, I just turned one around to take the picture.

I have a IR temp gun and found that without the cover, the chips closest to the fans get up to about 103^F and the chips furthest away get up to 135^F. With the covers on, the chips all seem to settle around 118-122^F. Without the cover the heatsink end gets up to 120-123^F, but the cover brings the heatsink down to 115-118^F.

If people are interested in covers, I am considering making them for sale. I think they would sell for around BTC .018 - .020 depending on exchange. Powder coated .025" aluminum, would include a bottom plate, back cover with cable pass-thru and top cover.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
March 04, 2014, 07:14:05 PM

So, how is it going?

Activity: 728
March 04, 2014, 06:41:03 PM
How much did your temps drop?
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
March 04, 2014, 06:03:21 PM

Activity: 327
Merit: 250
March 04, 2014, 05:07:47 PM
My 12 (17 two weeks later) Antminers, 1 KNC Jupiter, and my slowly crapping out 8 stack of Bitburner Fury's (only one stack shown).

Fall/winter 2013 til now have been great. My power bill however was not. NYC electricity is NOT cheap.

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
March 04, 2014, 04:40:09 PM
My mini rack of two S1's, two Block Cubes, and 1 Chili Miner. All kept pretty cool but looking to add fans on my S1's soon. 3 PSU's one 1000W, one 850W, and one 650W. So far so good and stable.
http://i.imgur.com/8QI4aTxl.jpg
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
March 04, 2014, 01:40:47 PM
Not the best picture, but I like the green lights. Tongue

Got 4 already in, more on the way, and we want to order even more, but we're waiting to see where the price stabilizes at.

Powered off a 220v 92% efficient Dell server PSU, plugged into a managed switched PDU (we can remotely power cycle any miner at any time).

All of them are pointed to a stratum proxy, on a local VM. Pretty slick setup.
Glad someone else came to the "hm i should label these things" conclusion" Smiley

Ha! Almost all of our equipment has labels, and we have a shared spreadsheet with IP info, PDU plug assignments, overclocks, settings, pool info, API ports, etc.

No, you can't have a copy. Wink

What temps are you running?  Overclocked?
Mild OC, and about mid 40s right now. We're going to add a second fan soon, and then bump up the OC a little more.
Activity: 857
Anger is a gift.
March 04, 2014, 12:50:02 PM
I am more interested in how to use a different stratum proxy than the one currently on my 5 Ants.
Activity: 818
Merit: 508
March 04, 2014, 12:42:11 PM

Got 4 already in, more on the way, and we want to order even more, but we're waiting to see where the price stabilizes at.

Powered off a 220v 92% efficient Dell server PSU, plugged into a managed switched PDU (we can remotely power cycle any miner at any time).

What temps are you running?  Overclocked?
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
March 04, 2014, 12:15:28 PM

Glad someone else came to the "hm i should label these things" conclusion" Smiley
legendary
Activity: 952
March 04, 2014, 12:08:32 PM

Pages:
Jump to: