Pages:
Author

Topic: THEY SAY HE'S TROLLIN THEY HATIN ..................This is a serious matter !!!! - page 3. (Read 1047 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Local rules - no accounts with less than 150 activity, no making it personal. This discussion is for creating sensible general rules that apply to ALL persons equally.

Let us not focus on any one person, but rather a general rule that I think we need to establish here. Since the trolling accusation is often weaponized to silence people or provide excuse to avoid tackling issues we may just be ashamed of.

If we are to "constantly" accuse a person/s of trolling or being a troll then should we not be required to present evidence to substantiate  this claim?  It is quite a serious accusation after all.

I mean if the accused on numerous occasions insists they are NOT trolling, that their information is correct and true, and challenges the accuser to provide evidence to substantiate their claim then surely the onus is on the accuser to present the OBVIOUSLY FALSE NONSENSE that they the accused  are continually said to be promulgating ?? I mean surely it must be proven false or incorrect ??

Surely if the accuser can NOT provide proof of OBVIOUSLY FALSE NONSENSE then they themselves are TROLLING by continually presenting false information/accusations regarding that person being a troll. When they have constantly failed to substantiate their "claims".

You can not simply call someone a troll because you want them to stop saying things that you do not like or that you feel are true but casts you in an unfavourable light. That is just an unfair weapon to crush free speech/the truth.

I mean if the person accused of being nothing other than a troll challenges his accusers to present even one example of his obvious false nonsense and they can not.... then surely they must be careful not to meet the criteria of becoming trolls themselves??

I think that a person should be able to challenge his accusers in a rep thread,  and if they can not present evidence of habitual posting false information then they must be warned about making this same accusation again.

Let's start allowing the truth to shine through here on BCT again.

The rules on this board say...

"If a user is habitually posting obviously false nonsense ("obviously false nonsense" to an outsider, NOT to someone who follows or is involved in the discussion) just to stir up trouble, then it's considered trolling, which is prohibited. Such cases should be thoroughly documented in the report though (There are tons of reports that just say "trolling", but moderators don't have time to look through each user's post)."

Apologies for my numerous posts today but unexpected poor weather provided me with opportunities that I had to capitalise on. Sadly I will be unable to sustain this level of content creation.

Pages:
Jump to: