Pages:
Author

Topic: theymos, please automatic nuke them: a group of scammers. - page 2. (Read 727 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
I think our best option would be to making registration harder by including randomly generated questions related to the forum so they are both being taught how to use the forum as well as having to answer questions about it. These questions could be changed every 2 weeks or something to prevent bots learning how to answer them.

The idea makes some sense, but I think it would make registration quite difficult for some of the legitimate members. It should be noted that a large number of new members do not come from an English-speaking area, and that they would probably not understand the question/s - and would give up registration. It seems to me that this is not just about bots, but a lot of real people who have bad intentions and see in this forum an opportunity to achieve them.

Another option would be the shadow ban that has been talked about a lot. I think this would probably be the most effective way although again for this specific scammer attack they would learn to get approved by a staff member and then continue on their way of scamming but this would probably stop bots being able to easily exploit the forum.

I have to admit I had to look up what exactly it means shadow ban, and it is true what you say that there has been much discussion on the subject in the past. But taking into account the number of newly registered members (a year ago 20 000 new accounts per month based on this thread) some conclusion is that the staff/mods would have about 3000 posts per day to check on this basis alone, and to that should be added all the regular reports.

Yet the idea has potential, perhaps this post gives a better insight into how the whole thing might work.
Activity: 2058
Merit: 532
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
They are probably bot accounts and they will ditch the account and create a new one and spam the same thing again. I think the only way to combat this would be to make registration harder. The points of evil system only prevents a small minority of scammers and other bad members from signing up. The majority will probably be using clean vpns from something like openvpn and moving onto a different IP everytime making it almost impossible to prevent this happening on a large scale.

The captcha system can be exploited for pennies and that again is only preventing those that are not willing to spend anything but most scammers are willing to spend some money to earn money in return. I think our best option would be to making registration harder by including randomly generated questions related to the forum so they are both being taught how to use the forum as well as having to answer questions about it. These questions could be changed every 2 weeks or something to prevent bots learning how to answer them.

Another option would be the shadow ban that has been talked about a lot. I think this would probably be the most effective way although again for this specific scammer attack they would learn to get approved by a staff member and then continue on their way of scamming but this would probably stop bots being able to easily exploit the forum.

Maybe about time to introduce hCAPTCHA. Ironically reCAPTCHA is easy on bots, hard on humans.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080
They are probably bot accounts and they will ditch the account and create a new one and spam the same thing again. I think the only way to combat this would be to make registration harder. The points of evil system only prevents a small minority of scammers and other bad members from signing up. The majority will probably be using clean vpns from something like openvpn and moving onto a different IP everytime making it almost impossible to prevent this happening on a large scale.

The captcha system can be exploited for pennies and that again is only preventing those that are not willing to spend anything but most scammers are willing to spend some money to earn money in return. I think our best option would be to making registration harder by including randomly generated questions related to the forum so they are both being taught how to use the forum as well as having to answer questions about it. These questions could be changed every 2 weeks or something to prevent bots learning how to answer them.

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1321
CoinPoker.com
They links directly users to download add-ons that i believe are infected with malware. Just usef the report to moderators button. The mods will nuke them. You can also report the posts to this thread - Report Malware and Suspicious Links here so Mods can take Action !
So they knew that scam boards are highly visited to check scams but this guy is tricky using multiple account to spread giveaway associated with malware, of course users here loves to check those discovered scam. Very wise, but Im glad OP, reported it here.

All the UIDs are similar so all accounts are related and they probably locked the topics themselves to prevent others from accusing then of being a scam, so an unsuspecting newbie could click on the link with no warning.
Intelligent scammers, thought locking their thread would avoid them getting nuke. Probably the accounts created purposedly what else could it be done for. Im afraid even those accounts get ban hammered they would just come back again with new created one.

They would not probably used their same IPs to avoid evil points, so there must be a layer of security for incoming registration to give those aliens a hard time
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
All the UIDs are similar so all accounts are related and they probably locked the topics themselves to prevent others from accusing then of being a scam, so an unsuspecting newbie could click on the link with no warning.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1087
you can add this guy Rockeman to the list. all account was created today.

Podwojenie BTC przy użyciu bonusu na stronie bukmacherskiej. [Nawet do 5 BTC]

all of the account in that thread are shilling the website and most likely an alt since all of the account are created minutes apart (I used a translator to see what they were saying)
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
They links directly users to download add-ons that i believe are infected with malware. Just usef the report to moderators button. The mods will nuke them. You can also report the posts to this thread - Report Malware and Suspicious Links here so Mods can take Action !
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
Urgent!

29 Sep. 2020
Please shut them down ASAP

Reports from Legendary members
Theymos! Please ban/disable this phishing link from forum. by Coolcryptovator in July 2020
A scam targeting NitrogenSports users by OmegaStarScream in March 2020.

I don't know where they come from but they posted on the scam give aways. Two threads were locked but I don't know who locked those threads. Please check and nuke them.

If you see others make same posts or topics on the same giveaways, please report.
❤️ Earn up to 5 BTC for becoming a Beta Tester for NitrogenSports! ❤️ by Klopaskoss
Double your Bitcoins for becoming a Beta Tester [up to 5 BTC] ✔️Working by hasker123
❤️ Earn up to 5 BTC for becoming a Beta Tester for NitrogenSports! ❤️ by whitecalifornia
❤️ Earn up to 5 BTC for becoming a Beta Tester for NitrogenSports! ❤️ by deMalkosa19
Podwojenie BTC przy użyciu bonusu na stronie bukmacherskiej. [Nawet do 5 BTC] by Rockeman

Some are found later

More found recently
Easy way to double your Bitcoins (tested myself) by mekantos
Pages:
Jump to: