Pages:
Author

Topic: Theymos's list of altcoins with some technical merit - page 2. (Read 33254 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
I think Theymos must have overlooked the ZCOIN info. Maybe mistook it for a different coin? I don't think the he intended this to be a "Pump my current holdings" thread, but why list a coin and not research it? The fact that he has been around for a LOT longer than me, I give him the benefit of the doubt. It appears he has taken his discussions to Reddit, so this thread will prob not be updated.
Activity: 672
Merit: 127

After watching the Golem project, it has a potential to create a multitasking activity specially in rendering. I have also tried rendering and it take hours for a simple render. But I think it would have a problem of trust on how to deliver the goods which are right to its services. Hope the Project will gain more attention specially today which have already going to moon.
Activity: 19
Just heard about it, seems like a really good project
Activity: 9
What about Skycoin?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
*throws away leftover popcorn*

Looks like Theymos abandoned this thread?
Activity: 568
Merit: 703

Dash is technological nonsense and a masternode scam.
It only functions as obfuscated proof-of-stake because it's an oligarchy.

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
Interesting read. I hope you add your review of Siacoin and other file storage crypto platforms out there.

Yee siacoin and burst can mine thru storage it dpends on how large your hard drive capacity was.
Activity: 133
Merit: 26
I would say that namecoin is nº2 in security after bitcoin and nº1 fighting against censorship. That has to be some merit.

Can't be pumped because of the long release schedule and lack of FIAT>NMC exchanges thought.

It's been consistently the least profitable coin to mine, since the merge mine, however hashrate in the future may surpass btc thanks to stupid bitcoin clones that steal miners from btc.

I would wait to release a better coin. Otherwise the IOTA people will just steal your ideas and claim as their own, since they have connections to other companies, and massive amount of shills, a new coin would not be able to compete. Your new coin would just solve their problems, while they would reap the rewards. Just wait until it dies, when the partners start looking for new partners.

I've been told “they” (it's not my project) will open source the clients, apps, but initially not the “full node”, until their adoption lead is insurmountable.
Because presumably every PoS blockchain such as NEO, Qtum, NEM, Lisk, ETH, etc might want to copy the technology,
although it is dubious whether those other blockchains want to give up their oligarchy control by implementing a technology which renders monopolization of 51% the stake irrelevant.
The expectation is the verifiable onboarding will rocket quickly beyond any BS these scams can prove about their adoption.
If successful, the real ecosystem adoption will render their superfluous partnerships (with “iOScum, Doggle, Suckerbook, Microsordid, ThermosTalk, etc.”) irrelevant, since
the intent is to disintermediate all of them including “Redditard, Githobo, and every other centralized walled garden on the Internet”.

I agree the ETH maximalists will be surprised when their rag-tag shitcoin just collapses and stops working entirely
Never gonna happen.

Agreed. PoS requires an oligarchy to be able to function.
An oligarchy controlled coin can't fail technologically, unless the oligarchy is somehow destroyed.
Vitalik can continue to rollback the chain every time it is attacked.

Yet this is no guarantee that ETH and PoS oligarchy tokens won't die in the market.

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
From 0 to 100 you give just 1 to ETH?

That is what we call "being a maximalist" lol. Boy are those people gonna be surprised, funny how most of them still... well, let's not get into that, wrong thread I guess.

I agree the ETH maximalists will be surprised when their rag-tag shitcoin just collapses and stops working entirely
Never gonna happen.
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
From 0 to 100 you give just 1 to ETH?

That is what we call "being a maximalist" lol. Boy are those people gonna be surprised, funny how most of them still... well, let's not get into that, wrong thread I guess.

Activity: 378

interesting post. I am interested in his investigation of byteball. I think byteball has a lot new features that are very useful.

Byteball has the following flaws:

No. "Checkpointing" is done to protect against 34% attacks which would be conducted by dudes publishing Bible on Bitcoin blockchain. Just wait for IOTA network to become larger.

IOTA can't function without its centralized Coordinator servers.
The excuse that we should prove it won't work without Coordinator is a delaying tactic of the scam.
They have been challenged to disprove that it's not entirely worthless, and refuse/delay to do so.
While they delay awarding ICO tokens, presumably so that insiders can cash out before the pump & dump scam collapses.

Warning: something new will be launched soon that is so far superior that it is going to make both of these highly inferior DAG coins clearly worthless.
               Both in terms of technology clearly stated (and challenges they will not meet) and also verifiable market adoption that will be orders-of-magnitude greater.

I would wait to release a better coin. Otherwise the IOTA people will just steal your ideas and claim as their own, since they have connections to other companies, and massive amount of shills, a new coin would not be able to compete. Your new coin would just solve their problems, while they would reap the rewards. Just wait until it dies, when the partners start looking for new partners.

IOTA is specified so poorly, they can tomorrow release an entirely new coin and their fanbois and money would not care or notice. IOTA is selling an idea, not a product, the buyers think they are buying a slice of "IoT crypto market", see how many times the buyers had to re-"claim" their tokens, and how many were scammed out of their "tokens" by that process.

Can you imagine, "Ugh, we have a new idea and a process to claim the bitcoins you own, so all your bitcoins from before are worthless, but you can email the founders to claim your new bitcoins". People swallow that.

interesting post. I am interested in his investigation of byteball. I think byteball has a lot new features that are very useful.

Byteball has the following flaws:

Possibly due to the IOTA devs sharing similar concerns, IOTA's software currently relies on centralized checkpointing.

No. "Checkpointing" is done to protect against 34% attacks which would be conducted by dudes publishing Bible on Bitcoin blockchain. Just wait for IOTA network to become larger.

IOTA can't function without its centralized Coordinator servers.
The excuse that we should prove it won't work without Coordinator is a delaying tactic of the scam.
They have been challenged to disprove that it's not entirely worthless, and refuse/delay to do so.
While they delay awarding ICO tokens, presumably so that insiders can cash out before the pump & dump scam collapses.

Warning: something new will be launched soon that is so far superior that it is going to make both of these highly inferior DAG coins clearly worthless.
               Both in terms of technology clearly stated (and challenges they will not meet) and also verifiable market adoption that will be orders-of-magnitude greater.

Activity: 406
Merit: 110
Interesting read. I hope you add your review of Siacoin and other file storage crypto platforms out there.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
I think that ethereum will get pump again, just see the price of ethereum increasingly but in the form of USD, because bitcoin the price also rise, hopefully in btc ethereum can go up 50 percent Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
🌟ATLANT ICO: 7/09/17🌟
The first line sums up altcoins perfectly... "Most altcoins are pump and dump". lol!
Activity: 766
Merit: 621
Own ONION
Activity: 356
Merit: 335
If you don’t believe, why are you here?
LOL. Litecoin @ 0.

Intersted in your thought on NXS.

I don't own any, but think it's pretty solid.
Activity: 490
Hello. Bye.
Solid coins, Id pretty much agree with everything on that list. Some BCH fan boys will be upset to see it on the 0 list but it really doesn't have any real value behind it.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073
I was seriously reading the opening post until I stumbled upon this:

- zcoin - clone of zcash

Stopped reading as soon as I saw this. If this is the conclusion made after investigation, it tells a lot about the quality of this "investigation", and makes me very much doubt of the value of all the other conclusions made in that post.

Theymos, please fix this. For an expert in cryptocurrency, its a shame to make such statements... Especially when you wrote you spent time investigating it.
Pages:
Jump to: