Pages:
Author

Topic: Thinking of separating my holdings into two physical locations. - page 2. (Read 147 times)

copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
The safest thing to do is probably to split the funds between two hardware wallets and store one at your regular house and one at your vacation home (each with their respective seeds).

There are other alternatives too. You could store both phrases in the same place and extend them with words you can remember (such as 4 words you keep encrypted) keeping an eighth of each of the money on the "normal" nmemonics in a way they could be attacked but you might want to do something special with the larger amounts of funds (such as mixing them or delaying a withdrawal after you've bought) to try to hide the link between them still if one can be made. You could store the extended seed words in self storage, a vault or with a relative of you have one you can trust well.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1888
I wasn't quite sure how to summarize it in the title just as I'm not quite sure if this is the exact place where the thread should go. Let me explain and you tell me.

So far I have been managing my Bitcoin holdings using a HW in a location and in the same location I have had the seeds well hidden and written down on a piece of paper.

As I accumulate, I have been thinking of buying another HW and storing it in a vacation home, just like the seeds, in the same way, written down and hidden. It would be about handling half of my holdings at each site.

What do you think? I don't think it would make sense, for example to have copies of the seeds of both HW's at both sites because in a $5 wrench attack I could lose everything.

One drawback I see is that if the house burns down I would lose everything I manage with one HW, but well, that risk I also had now, having 100% of the management of my holdings in one site.

Pages:
Jump to: