Pages:
Author

Topic: this forum as a mirror of society - page 4. (Read 2687 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
April 27, 2013, 03:36:27 PM
this claims to be a public place. if it is a private one, they should close it down. anyway, im no asslicker, infact i dont let anybody lick my ass too. raised finger is the answer.
and if knights are knight, they should have some honor.

It's a public forum, but it's privately owned.  Just like you can go to a park and use it, but you can't build a house on it (without permission.)

More like how you can't go into a McDonalds and shit on the table.

yea, i dont shit on macdonalds tables (but you should, if you keep on eating their diarrhea).
what made you think so?
You seem to be complaining about being kicked out after having done so.
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
April 27, 2013, 03:35:37 PM
apparently in this forum there is somebody who has the right to delete other member's post and to refuse to delete abusive and defacing posts against other members and their initiatives. exactly how it happens in society, where if you know somebody you can jump the queue.
fair enough, just dont take them too seriously, here and there.
life is miserable in the abuse of power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_property

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_property

Learn the difference. Wink

i would love to appreciate how do you apply those definitions to the situation that i outlined. if you knew that democracy you think coming from the greek 'people' is actually a demo-cracy (like a demo song or demo software) you would see no difference between it and private property anyway.
it's not because one doesnt post for some years that he must be pushed down by a lot of bullshit by a 'hero member' (sic!)
April 27, 2013, 03:33:29 PM
this claims to be a public place. if it is a private one, they should close it down. anyway, im no asslicker, infact i dont let anybody lick my ass too. raised finger is the answer.

It's a public forum, but it's privately owned.  Just like you can go to a park and use it, but you can't build a house on it (without permission.)

yea, i dont shit on macdonalds tables (but you should, if you keep on eating their diarrhea).
what made you think so?
April 27, 2013, 03:31:30 PM

If you're using the default theme, under "more options" when you create a thread is a check box marked "Self moderated." That homesteads that thread as yours, and the mods will leave you alone there, and you can delete any posts you like.
April 27, 2013, 03:31:01 PM
apparently in this forum there is somebody who has the right to delete other member's post and to refuse to delete abusive and defacing posts against other members and their initiatives. exactly how it happens in society, where if you know somebody you can jump the queue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy

i'm ready to learn the difference, even if doesnt apply to what i'm saying.
the rule for a forum should be 'stupid is who the stupid does', and you can't misjudge when words are there written.
and i've seen my little thread hijacked by a sort of children mafia, who even posted private info about my strawman. filthy.
if you want to get my point.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
April 27, 2013, 03:28:55 PM

April 27, 2013, 03:27:10 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_property

April 27, 2013, 03:25:52 PM
apparently in this forum there is somebody who has the right to delete other member's post and refusing to delete abusive and defacing posts. exactly how it happens in society, where if you know somebody you can jump the queue.

Our beloved admin and his knights are often benevolent, but I too have been victim of random post deletion.

Anyway, the difference is, I can choose to stop using the forum if I don't like how it's run.  I can't tell Obobo to fuck off (actually I can, I just can't expect him to listen.)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
April 27, 2013, 03:23:39 PM
apparently in this forum there is somebody who has the right to delete other member's post and refusing to delete abusive and defacing posts. exactly how it happens in society, where if you know somebody you can jump the queue.

Our beloved admin and his knights are often benevolent, but I too have been victim of random post deletion.

Anyway, the difference is, I can choose to stop using the forum if I don't like how it's run.  I can't tell Obobo to fuck off (actually I can, I just can't expect him to listen.)
April 27, 2013, 03:22:03 PM
life is miserable in the abuse of 'power'. 
Pages:
Jump to: