Pages:
Author

Topic: This forum is infested with scammers - page 4. (Read 3878 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
March 15, 2013, 06:14:57 AM
How about a list of trusted people vs scammesr. List of scammers is useless because they can make another account.
A master list would also be exploitable. How about integrating web of trust (like bitcoin-otc) into Bitcointalk?
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
March 15, 2013, 05:57:44 AM
How about a list of trusted people vs scammesr. List of scammers is useless because they can make another account.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
March 15, 2013, 03:22:46 AM
Who ever reads or obeys terms and conditions? I certainly don't, they're just there either as a veiled threat most of the time or to absolve the people who wrote it of any responsibility. We can't police the internet and protect people from their own stupidity, use the ignore list, if you're thick enough to actually buy into one of these obvious scams then I'm just going to laugh at you I'm afraid.

I honestly wish people would stop coming along trying to change the Bitcoin communities and Bitcoin itself so it suits their visions, if you don't like how things are done here, make your own alternate currency and site.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
March 15, 2013, 01:22:24 AM
Please raise the bar for posting in Lending/Goods/Currency Exchange.

Maybe even prohibit exchange deals in Newbies.
Especially Lending. Apparently the newest wave of scammers have graduated and now looking for potential sheeple.
I'd guess that they're just 1 or two people, too.

Yes, I think that's so too. They create accounts with variable amounts of scammishness, and try to divert potential investors to 1-2 of their accounts.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
March 15, 2013, 01:17:02 AM

Especially Lending. Apparently the newest wave of scammers have graduated and now looking for potential sheeple.
I'd guess that they're just 1 or two people, too.
Activity: 702
Merit: 503
March 15, 2013, 12:59:24 AM

+1 This world is infested with scammers!  Cheesy We've seen some great ones come and go here, and will see even more for sure...

Definitely, the Newbie section moderators should step on the blatant scams and rip-offs in there, as soon as they come up.

However, i think the experienced members are also ignoring clear attempts to scam or at least mislead and rip-off the inexperienced and the naive.

One might say that it's Natural Selection at work, but that's what gives this forum and bitcoin its negative reputation as Scam Central.

Most of us know a scam when we see it, but very few of us try to step on it, or even point it out in the scam threads. We can't expect the moderators to pull all the load on this issue...
Activity: 112
Merit: 16
March 15, 2013, 12:15:03 AM
I posted a topic about that here over a month ago, but never got any kind of official response.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/changes-to-newbie-restrictions-142243
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
March 14, 2013, 09:53:12 PM

Why not both?  Why not a prohibition on exchange deals in Newbies and tougher criteria for starting threads in Lending/Goods/Currency Exchange?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
March 14, 2013, 08:23:31 PM
Add an interstitial warning page for those sections of the forum and require the user to type, "I understand that someone will attempt to attempt to scam me here." in a confirmation text box before proceeding.

I like that, there should be a TOS pop up when you register that says. Yadda yadda I must treat every transaction a possible scam.
It should have to be read and and agreed to once every 30 days.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
March 14, 2013, 08:20:21 PM
Add an interstitial warning page for those sections of the forum and require the user to type, "I understand that someone will attempt to attempt to scam me here." in a confirmation text box before proceeding.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
March 14, 2013, 08:12:59 PM

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
March 14, 2013, 08:08:47 PM

Pages:
Jump to: