Pages:
Author

Topic: This is really fucked up - page 2. (Read 2298 times)

legendary
Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041
January 14, 2015, 12:55:43 PM
Safer? yes. No system is as safe as bitcoin. By comparison credit cards are a joke. There are scams everywhere but those who "invest" in scams are not exposing a bitcoin risk, they are the risk. The FDIC insurance does protect your money. However you could also insure your bitcoins. Like any insurance, you have to pay for it.  
I am on my third bank card in a year, but I still have bitcoins from 2011. If you do your job and secure your coins they are very safe from thieves.

Plus it is negligible to the economy for hackers to steal a few tens of millions dollars a year when Uncle Sam keeps printing $65 Billion of them a month.   Tongue
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
January 14, 2015, 12:55:35 PM
More like, the "back to reality phase" that bitcoin essentially holds no advantages over traditional payment systems aside from some "pseudo anonymity" and really shouldn't be valued more than a couple dollars per coin at best.

Other than it's faster, safer and cheaper than any other payment system, which is huge.
Faster and cheaper? Of course. Safer?  Not even remotely. FDIC ensures most people have nothing to worry about when it comes to USD and banking. This industry is ripe with scammers and fly by night companies. Not to mention that with the large mining farms and dedicated TX nodes Bitcoin has become more and more centralized.

Bitcoin was a great experiment. Unfortunately it has a huge flaw in its model - the human element.
Safer? yes. No system is as safe as bitcoin. By comparison credit cards are a joke. There are scams everywhere but those who "invest" in scams are not exposing a bitcoin risk, they are the risk. The FDIC insurance does protect your money. However you could also insure your bitcoins. Like any insurance, you have to pay for it.  
I am on my third bank card in a year, but I still have bitcoins from 2011. If you do your job and secure your coins they are very safe from thieves.
We must be using different versions of the word 'safe' then. Bitcoin is as far from safe as you can get for the average person.

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145
The revolution will be monetized!
January 14, 2015, 12:40:35 PM
More like, the "back to reality phase" that bitcoin essentially holds no advantages over traditional payment systems aside from some "pseudo anonymity" and really shouldn't be valued more than a couple dollars per coin at best.

Other than it's faster, safer and cheaper than any other payment system, which is huge.
Faster and cheaper? Of course. Safer?  Not even remotely. FDIC ensures most people have nothing to worry about when it comes to USD and banking. This industry is ripe with scammers and fly by night companies. Not to mention that with the large mining farms and dedicated TX nodes Bitcoin has become more and more centralized.

Bitcoin was a great experiment. Unfortunately it has a huge flaw in its model - the human element.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
January 14, 2015, 12:38:51 PM
HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

What is wrong with the people on this forum? Someone enlighten me, please!
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
January 14, 2015, 12:35:47 PM

Faster and cheaper? Of course. Safer?  Not even remotely. FDIC ensures most people have nothing to worry about when it comes to USD and banking. This industry is ripe with scammers and fly by night companies. Not to mention that with the large mining farms and dedicated TX nodes Bitcoin has become more and more centralized.

I wouldn't say it's over yet but yes sir, you made a brilliant point. People fucked up the whole system. I still hope those will flee away soon.
Activity: 603
January 14, 2015, 12:34:24 PM
yes, bitcoin hype is over and it lost many people trust.

not sure it will rise again soon.
Activity: 742
January 14, 2015, 12:31:44 PM

Faster and cheaper? Of course. Safer?  Not even remotely. FDIC ensures most people have nothing to worry about when it comes to USD and banking. This industry is ripe with scammers and fly by night companies. Not to mention that with the large mining farms and dedicated TX nodes Bitcoin has become more and more centralized.

legendary
January 14, 2015, 12:23:49 PM
Despair phase finally entered.

Check your language young man! Bitcoin is far superior than bank-enabled transfer. Decentralized.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145
The revolution will be monetized!
January 14, 2015, 12:19:26 PM

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
January 14, 2015, 12:15:01 PM

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000
Web Developer
January 14, 2015, 12:10:15 PM
legendary
January 14, 2015, 12:06:43 PM
No, really.

Smells like MtGox all over. I hope Bitstamp and all shitty exchanges die ASAP. I hope Karpeles gets a long term in the jail.

Anyhow, breaking this low brings a huge opportunity which many will fail to see. The only problem is one buy's now and price gets to $80, there will be more time involved until it gets back to 190 and again to over 500. But it will.

Many will fail to see that. And please stop the 'free market' bullshit. When you have an 'audience' of 90% sheeps and a few shitty exchanges, with no transparency, you cannot call it free market. This is bullshit.

PS: I was terribly wrong, I was thinking that 250-270 would be the bottom.
Pages:
Jump to: