Pages:
Author

Topic: This is why the price of bitcoin is dropping - page 3. (Read 5010 times)

mkc
Activity: 517
Merit: 501
Will BIT and COIN be traded on exchange soon?  When will that be?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Everyone has their "reason"

The only thing that matters is if you are buying thanks to the "manipulation" or selling thanks to the "manipulation"

It is likely that we will never know why, therefore I just buy.
Activity: 527
Merit: 503
Very interesting theory.. do you have an wallet address(es) linked to the Winklevoss to back this up?

Though even if 1% of the BTC were dumped, that'd be $50 million, we've been getting volumes per day higher than this.  True that they only need to dump enough so that others will panic and dump themselves.. but I'm not sure I buy it.

Plus don't they still need a large number of BTC to back the ETF funds?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
I agree with you.
Time to buy bitcoin now
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
In recent days and months, the dollar exchange rate for a bitcoin has been dropping.  As I write, it's gently bounced off today's low of $325/bitcoin.  Ouch.

I have a theory why.

Soon, two bitcoin commodity ETFs will be approved, COIN and BIT.  There is nothing any ETF sponsor would love more than to have their new ETF be immediately profitable.  But how do you affect that?

To do that, they would need to manipulate the bitcoin price lower so it has room to grow fast in the first few months of operation.  And how would they manipulate it lower?  One way would be to discretely dump bitcoins.  To do that, you have to have a lot of bitcoins.  As it happens, COIN is sponsored by the Winkelvoss twins who claimed at one point to own 1% of all bitcoins yet mined.  That's a lot.

So there you have it.  The bitcoin price may be being manipulated low pending the approval of one of the new bitcoin ETFs, after which it will shoot upward.

You've been warned.  Get 'em while they're cheap!

Pages:
Jump to: