Pages:
Author

Topic: This shitty Merit System has ruined Bitcointalk and made it like Facebook - page 5. (Read 1259 times)

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
People with a lot of Merit can earn $50 in BTC a week easily and more in signature campaigns. They have absolutely ZERO motivation to give others Merit because if anything giving others Merit will give them more competition in the signature campaigns.
only an insecure person would think like that. and if there is someone like that in the forum there are tons of members and members that are merit sources who give merits to those that deserve it.

Was a great time but until this system is changed I rather write in some old mailing lists or even to my own notepad because there I have control over my words and thoughts and am not influenced by retarded distractions as the Merit system.

Have a nice day!

goodbye then. you would have had control of your words and thoughts if you weren't so desperate to earn merits.
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
I remember back in the day when I had to farm likes on Facebook so I could post "Marty's Apples" under my posts in a new Facebook Signature Campaign, which was definitely a secure job that made me create a mass of spam.
It's the bounties of the altcoin cesspool that cause your discussion board to be tainted by such shit: that, and a lack of additional moderator support for locking down useless threads.

You have a report button, so start using it.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4085
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
People with a lot of Merit can earn $50 in BTC a week easily and more in signature campaigns.
Did you either read the purposes of merit system or the welcome message?
I'm hoping that this system will increase post quality by:
 - Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.
 - Highlighting good posts with the "Merited by" line.

While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.

Do not beg for merit excessively.

A lot of people come here primarily looking to make money. The forum administration is very happy that people are able to use the forum in order to better themselves; indeed, one of the reasons for Bitcoin's creation was to break the artificial barriers which prevent so many people around the world from attaining prosperity. However, if your attempts to make money conflict with the forum's primary goal of enabling discussion, then you are swimming upstream, and you will not be sucessful in the end.

If you view the forum as some sort of "job" where you complete some basic tasks and get paid, then you will almost certainly be disappointed, and the forum administration will not be sympathetic. If you do make money using the forum, then it will be through innovation and entrepreneurship, not any sort of mindless busywork.

They have absolutely ZERO motivation to give others Merit because if anything giving others Merit will give them more competition in the signature campaigns.
Many users (old-era and new-era) were ranked up. They are evidence that your statement is not accurate.

The cancer that is Facebook with constant dopamine-addiction and global mass insanity and people just creating posts to get a like has also made its way to Bitcointalk now.
Please don't compare Bitcointalk forum to Facebook.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 789
People with a lot of Merit can earn $50 in BTC a week easily and more in signature campaigns. They have absolutely ZERO motivation to give others Merit because if anything giving others Merit will give them more competition in the signature campaigns.

The purpose of this forum does not revolve alone in earning money through participating in campaign signatures. The forum is bigger than that- which is sharing your knowledge about cryptocurrencies in general. It just so happens that the traffic in this forum makes it as an avenue for businessmen to create advertisements.

While its great to offer people a way to earn bitcoin, basing this so much on the merit system is the stupidest thing Bitcointalk has ever done and it has ruined these forums. I must have seen the exact same ETH-shill post in different words 50 times last week in the Altcoin disussion board. Always by different usernames but probably the same people/same guy running all them in his bot network.

The merit system actually contributed greatly in terms of post-quality of users. Lots of brand new users with relatively low activity are gaining hundreds to thousands of merits in a few months. With the merit system being implemented, it reduced the total number of users who farm accounts by ranking up only through activity.

Was a great time but until this system is changed I rather write in some old mailing lists or even to my own notepad because there I have control over my words and thoughts and am not influenced by retarded distractions as the Merit system.

I do think that the merit system will not be changed soon unless there is a compelling reason for theymos to do it. As we all know, the merit system cannot address every corner of each problem and it is not perfect but it does its job pretty well in combatting against spammers and scammers.
copper member
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
They have absolutely ZERO motivation to give others Merit because if anything giving others Merit will give them more competition in the signature campaigns
Whenever I find a post worth reading, I will give it merit, if I have any. I think there are a lot of posts that are not worth reading, and I want to encourage people to make more posts that *are* worth reading, otherwise being on the forum would be pointless.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1167
Gamble responsibly
The old quality of message boards that you can still see in Posts by Satoshi and many others (in OLD posts where people actually made thoughtful posts and did own research and posted about experiences) is now completely disappeared because people rather make posts thinking they will get a like, or to spam their X posts a week for their signature campaigns.
Check this forum very well, there are best post qualities always. Have you ever since meaningful bitcoin forum like bitcointalk? If there is, still can never be compared.

While its great to offer people a way to earn bitcoin, basing this so much on the merit system is the stupidest thing Bitcointalk has ever done and it has ruined these forums.
That is why bitcointalk is now having over 3 million users. The merit system helps to reduce shit posters, unlike 2017 as I heard where a single person will have 10 accounts. The more the account leading to shitposting.

I do not think you are needed. You are not theymos, not any of the staff, not Loyce V not any of the best members. You can be the one that needs this forum, not this forum that needs you.
Activity: 224
Merit: 157

The cancer that is Facebook with constant dopamine-addiction and global mass insanity and people just creating posts to get a like has also made its way to Bitcointalk now.

While Bitcoin promised to destroy the established system now and this place was great for discussions, now its just another Facebook. The old quality of message boards that you can still see in Posts by Satoshi and many others (in OLD posts where people actually made thoughtful posts and did own research and posted about experiences) is now completely disappeared because people rather make posts thinking they will get a like, or to spam their X posts a week for their signature campaigns.

While its great to offer people a way to earn bitcoin, basing this so much on the merit system is the stupidest thing Bitcointalk has ever done and it has ruined these forums. I must have seen the exact same ETH-shill post in different words 50 times last week in the Altcoin disussion board. Always by different usernames but probably the same people/same guy running all them in his bot network.

Have a nice day!

Pages:
Jump to: