Pages:
Author

Topic: Thoughts from Russia on the block size situation and Blockstream - page 5. (Read 7373 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
It is the wrong thing to do even if you have the right to do it.
It might be wrong because you've been taught that it is wrong. Until someone gets punished here for mentioning XT, there is no problem. If someone doesn't like it, then they are free to leave.

Cypherdoc's thread was locked after the discussion turned heavily towards XT.  A Forum Administrator claimed the reason for locking the thread was that it was too broad in scope, so maybe you won't count this as "punished here for mentioning XT":

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12199651

-snip-

Definitely, not! The thread was about Gold vs Bitcoin and thread was filled with XT discussions. You do know that off-topic posts are against forum rules, right? You are acting like a stupid person to support XT and you don't strike me as a fool, Peter!

Edit:

intereting. I just looked at the last page and

http://bitco.in/forum/threads/gold-collapsing-bitcoin-up.16/page-5

accusations against Greg Maxwell.

Oh geez, maybe the almighty core dev isn't as perfect
as some people think.
This is interesting. While XT was winning, the attacks were mostly directed towards Hearn and Gavin (until this "censorship" incident occured). Now after XT is being completely ignored by the miners and the industry, people have started attacking developers from the other side. Here's a fine example:
gmax has this bad habit of lying and just making stuff up

After quickly evaluating the emails that were posted publicly, I do not see a problem (not he technical parts) with them? I do see a problem with making them public, unless the other party agreed to it.

I think that was the issue.  I'm not even saying Greg was wrong or right...just pointing out the possibilities
that folks have biases that may not be always accurate.

Your posts don't seem like you are pointing possibilities but facts. Please correct from now on if you are just pointing possibilities!
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

as some people think.
This is interesting. While XT was winning, the attacks were mostly directed towards Hearn and Gavin (until this "censorship" incident occured). Now after XT is being completely ignored by the miners and the industry, people have started attacking developers from the other side. Here's a fine example:
gmax has this bad habit of lying and just making stuff up

After quickly evaluating the emails that were posted publicly, I do not see a problem (not he technical parts) with them? I do see a problem with making them public, unless the other party agreed to it.

I think that was the issue.  I'm not even saying Greg was wrong or right...just pointing out the possibilities
that folks have biases that may not be always accurate.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

as some people think.
This is interesting. While XT was winning, the attacks were mostly directed towards Hearn and Gavin (until this "censorship" incident occured). Now after XT is being completely ignored by the miners and the industry,

Completely ignored by the industry???
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.

as some people think.
This is interesting. While XT was winning, the attacks were mostly directed towards Hearn and Gavin (until this "censorship" incident occured). Now after XT is being completely ignored by the miners and partially by the industry, people have started attacking developers from the other side. Here's a fine example:
Completely ignored by the industry???
Corrected it.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

as some people think.
legendary
Anyways, he's had to relocate his thread to a new location:  

http://bitco.in/forum/threads/gold-collapsing-bitcoin-up.16/

Could you possibly be any more melodramatic?  "Had to relocate" makes it sound like Frap.doc was chased out (with only the clothes on his back) by violent men bearing assault rifles and German Shepards.

Frap.doc was welcome to continue his XT cheerleader thread in the proper altcoin sub.

But that wasn't good enough for him; he demanded it remain in place on the main board.

So it was locked, because there is no 'Frap.doc exemption' to the rules against altcoin shilling in the Bitcoin forum.

Forum Statistics

Discussions:    22

Members:    70

LOL, so much for Frap.doc's blather about network effects, Metcalfe's Law, and how altcoins are all doooomed because they dare defect from BTC's longstanding all-powerful majority.

Serves him right!   Cheesy

Cypherdoc's new Gold thread: 2818 views
iCEBREAKER's Szabo Thread: 370 views

LOL, so much about network effects
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
[img]-snip-[img]

Cry  Im burned out on this whole topic and not much of anything new that I feel I can comment on   Cry

Oh poor you.  It must be exhausting trying to defend indefensible ideas like XT's governance coup and technically ill-advised >>1MB blocks.

Why don't you bugger off to a less strenuous knitting circle or Oprah book club, and leave this difficult topic to those of us capable of (and indeed used to) multiscale modeling the involved cryptography, systems theory, computer science, economics, and politics?

Are you trying to make an argument? Because I don't see any.

No. He's just trolling and trying to bait.

ICEBREAKER is a well known XMR troll who goes to threads of other coins to spread FUD and do personal attacks.
I'm invested in Monero, but I think his actions cause much more harm than good. (By hurting the image of that community)

He was also the biggest shill for the mining fraud, Hashfast.

The dude literally thinks everyone here would take him seriously.

pity for him.
legendary

Could you possibly be any more melodramatic?  "Had to relocate" makes it sound like Frap.doc was chased out (with only the clothes on his back) by violent men bearing assault rifles and German Shepards.

Frap.doc was welcome to continue his XT cheerleader thread in the proper altcoin sub.

But that wasn't good enough for him; he demanded it remain in place on the main board.

So it was locked, because there is no 'Frap.doc exemption' to the rules against altcoin shilling in the Bitcoin forum.

Exemption? Why do you write such BS? This forum is full of unrelocated XT threads.
Activity: 737
Merit: 500

Oh poor you.  It must be exhausting trying to defend indefensible ideas like XT's governance coup and technically ill-advised >>1MB blocks.

Why don't you bugger off to a less strenuous knitting circle or Oprah book club, and leave this difficult topic to those of us capable of (and indeed used to) multiscale modeling the involved cryptography, systems theory, computer science, economics, and politics?

Can you be any more childish? Gosh...
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

Although we all delight in the lulz provided by the piteous wailings of the Gavanistas

Why do you have to resort in name calling?

I don't 'have to', and it would not be fair to characterize it as 'resorting' to.  Most of the time I just do it for personal pleasure and for the amusement of my comrades.  iCEBREAKER is a tough act to follow for statements exemplified by the quoted.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Could you possibly be any more melodramatic?  "Had to relocate" makes it sound like Frap.doc was chased out (with only the clothes on his back) by violent men bearing assault rifles and German Shepards.

Although we all delight in the lulz provided by the piteous wailings of the Gavanistas

Why do you have to resort in name calling?

We could have much more constructive discussion without all this hate and vitriol. People obiviously have different views on this subject and it doesn't help if you label everyone that disagrees with you as Gavinista or altcoiner.

I for example support a block size increase, preferably in predictable way, which is what BIP 101 provides. Whatever fork will accomplish that is good enough for me. I don't care who leads development teams or what developers personal views are, because it simply doesn't matter. Code is what matters and I will choose accordingly. I hope you can also make your choice whatever it is without attacking the people who choose differently.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
I am banned from /r/bitcoin for this very reason so yeah give me a break and STFU.
Who was talking about reddit? Stop diverting the argument. I was solely talking about the forum.
Fact is, threads r/bitcoin got deleted. That is censorship. If it is a private forum, doesn't matter at all in the definition of censorship.
Read the above mentioned, and stop mentioning irrelevant information.

It might be wrong because you've been taught that it is wrong. Until someone gets punished here for mentioning XT, there is no problem. If someone doesn't like it, then they are free to leave.

If we do not increase the blocksize and there is a significant increase in adoption then transacting on the main chain would become prohibitively expensive. At this point the only alternative which would provide sufficient scale is using third parties on top of Bitcoin, or you could just use another cryptocurrency.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/permanently-keeping-the-1mb-anti-spam-restriction-is-a-great-idea-946236
I never said that the blocksize should not be increased. I'm definitely aware of this 'problem' and the potential solutions. However, someone registered the OP's account solely to talk bad about Blockstream.
Interestingly, a month back I was seeing a lot of:"XT is cancer.", everywhere.
So, you are not going into, that you just used a propaganda-tactic(propaganda is not a word, that I use lightly) by changing the meaning of a word to suit your agenda?
There is also censorship in this forum, like was mentioned before. Censorship on r/bitcoin was just worse, but it was executed by the same person. So, yes, it is relevant. But you already showed, that your biased view, just doesn't allow facts, that don't suit you agenda, so, i guess, discussing with you is pointless.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

Although we all delight in the lulz provided by the piteous wailings of the Gavanistas, I must voice my opposition to closing cypherdoc's epic gold thread.

- For one, the thread was not on the 'main' board.  It was on speculation which always has been a wasteland beyond any redemption.  Even by trolltalk standards.

- For two, that thread in particular had a long history of drifting way way way off-topic.  It was noted back in the low double digits of it's ultimate 1500 pages.

- For three, ya, some people were shilling (probably...or at least heavily cheerleading) for XT and other alts.  Other's were countering.

- For four, there always was a smattering of completely on-topic conversation through the long life of the thread.  It simply waxed and wained depending on how boring gold/btc prices were and how many more interesting things were on the threat board.

I myself have had a post revoked for drifting off-topic recently.  Admittedly it was the case compared to the OP, but it was relevant to the thread of conversation which was associated with shilling and possible state involvement.  I would suggest to ~theymos that one of the most compelling things about his board is that it is damn difficult to end up being censored and I imagine that a lot of people feel that way.  Some of his mods might indeed be getting a bit heavy handed.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
[img]-snip-[img]

Cry  Im burned out on this whole topic and not much of anything new that I feel I can comment on   Cry

No. He's just trolling and trying to bait.

ICEBREAKER is a well known XMR troll who goes to threads of other coins to spread FUD and do personal attacks.
I'm invested in Monero, but I think his actions cause much more harm than good. (By hurting the image of that community)
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

Forum Statistics

Discussions:    22

Members:    70

LOL, so much for Frap.doc's blather about network effects, Metcalfe's Law, and how altcoins are all doooomed because they dare defect from BTC's longstanding all-powerful majority.

Serves him right!   Cheesy
legendary
Merit: 1007
It might be wrong because you've been taught that it is wrong. Until someone gets punished here for mentioning XT, there is no problem. If someone doesn't like it, then they are free to leave.

Cypherdoc's thread was locked after the discussion turned heavily towards XT.  A Forum Administrator claimed the reason for locking the thread was that it was too broad in scope, so maybe you won't count this as "punished here for mentioning XT":

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12199651

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
[img]-snip-[img]

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
I am banned from /r/bitcoin for this very reason so yeah give me a break and STFU.
Who was talking about reddit? Stop diverting the argument. I was solely talking about the forum.
Fact is, threads r/bitcoin got deleted. That is censorship. If it is a private forum, doesn't matter at all in the definition of censorship.
Read the above mentioned, and stop mentioning irrelevant information.
Update: Read bolded part. Please stop commenting my character/view directly, this is not how you discuss.

If we do not increase the blocksize and there is a significant increase in adoption then transacting on the main chain would become prohibitively expensive. At this point the only alternative which would provide sufficient scale is using third parties on top of Bitcoin, or you could just use another cryptocurrency.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/permanently-keeping-the-1mb-anti-spam-restriction-is-a-great-idea-946236
I never said that the blocksize should not be increased. I'm definitely aware of this 'problem' and the potential solutions. However, someone registered the OP's account solely to talk bad about Blockstream.
Interestingly, a month back I was seeing a lot of:"XT is cancer.", everywhere.
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
@MZ,  I'm not really interested in debating a dozen points with you, as I've already expressed my views/concerns/opinions/theories/observations about these issues in this and numerous threads.
Im burned out on this whole topic and not much of anything new that I feel I can comment on. 

There are threads discussing bip 100 vs 101 in the tech section you may be interested in.

The wiki states the core devs don't strictly oppose 1mb but I still call stonewalling here given the context.  You may disagree and that's fine.  Cheers, JF

Okay. Understood. Thank you and goog luck!
Pages:
Jump to: