Pages:
Author

Topic: Thoughts on Max Keiser's coin (Maxcoin) - page 3. (Read 15338 times)

legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000
February 16, 2014, 03:43:35 AM
As for who Max Keiser is.  I will tell you I am not one of his followers/regular watchers.  I do know he has a TV show that is based out of London, and seems to talk mostly about economic things in London, but is on Russia Today??  I don't quite understand that part.  

He actually used to run a media company out of the AP office in Paris and moved to London last summer, probably because of the better links to the finance world. After a failed pump and dump of silver ("crash JP Morgan, buy silver") he jumped onto the BTC wagon and is riding that one out

He is a frequent guest on a few shows as an opinionated expert and he is always fun to watch. I'm a big fan! You can see him on RT (Russias answer to CNN) but also on Presstv (Iran) and the BBC. That is probably because he was hanging out with the AP people in Paris (their co-producer) who pimp him out to whoever is desperate for a last minute guest
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
February 16, 2014, 12:48:19 AM
Yeah I had a laugh at that failed attempt of a Genesis block creation as well. 

As for who Max Keiser is.  I will tell you I am not one of his followers/regular watchers.  I do know he has a TV show that is based out of London, and seems to talk mostly about economic things in London, but is on Russia Today??  I don't quite understand that part. 

Anyways, he has a huge following I am guessing in Europe/Russia.  Plus a lot of Bitcoiners watch his show, as he usually has quite a few pieces about cryptocurrency in his show.

Anyways, if you go back 3 months.  LTC was sitting at around $2.  BTC was sitting under $200.  This was the first time I ever heard of the guy.  He had announced that LTC was going to $50 on his TV show, and it was posted on the forums here.   I laughed because I don't think it had ever been above $5.  I was heading to Vegas for the weekend, and decided, just in case something crazy happened while I was gone, I put 60 LTC for sale for $10 a piece.  5X more that the going rate.  I got back to find my LTC sold at $10 a piece, and the price was sitting around $50.  It could have easily been something else.  Not sure.  But I knew (After essentially loosing $2000 profit) that weekend, that if he ever called something crazy again, I would listen, as I do think he has a lot of followers with deep pockets.

From what I have read about him, it seems he is kind of like the Howard Stern of the Economic World.  He is quite opinionated, and isn't afraid to say things that could end him in trouble. 
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
February 15, 2014, 11:14:22 PM
How to get profit on SHA-3, Ant Miner?
Activity: 716
February 15, 2014, 04:40:49 AM
Well thanks for the correction.

Seems like it is time for the Anti-Keiser-Coin
legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000
February 15, 2014, 03:07:53 AM
I guess at least every Bitcoiner knows the Keiser Report on Russia Today.

Where are the days where I got yelled at on the maxkeiser.com comments section each time Bitcoin got mentioned, mostly by silver bugs?

Live mining the Maxcoin genesis block on RT ~10:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q684UxfDSU

You mean at 18:20 where you can clearly see Assertion failed? :-)

I'm sorry but this was a unique opportunity, they could have done it live, ask Max for a text quote to include, show a RTC with the right time stamp and broadcast that on semi live TV, creating the genesis block and show the result, and announcing it to the world

That little bit of footage right now says nothing

Bad Max, bad.
Activity: 716
February 15, 2014, 01:35:56 AM
Do you really think he's the reason why Bitcoin and Litecoin, and all other coins had that massive jump in November?

Max who? Don't get caught up in your own little worlds. Nobody on the street knows who Max K is, yeah sure you might and maybe the friend that you told does, but go ask 100 people on the street and they'll have no idea. If he's pumping, then it's just to the converted.

So what is the long term plan to make Maxcoin a part of everyday life?

I'm not the one who said the comment. I was shocked by the thought and so asked the person if they really believed he was the reason. I had no idea who he was until a few days before the coin launch, and I also doubt that if I went outside and ask 100 people who this Max guy is that I'll find even one person who knows who he is.

I guess at least every Bitcoiner knows the Keiser Report on Russia Today.

Live mining the Maxcoin genesis block on RT ~10:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q684UxfDSU
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
February 15, 2014, 01:20:48 AM
Do you really think he's the reason why Bitcoin and Litecoin, and all other coins had that massive jump in November?

Max who? Don't get caught up in your own little worlds. Nobody on the street knows who Max K is, yeah sure you might and maybe the friend that you told does, but go ask 100 people on the street and they'll have no idea. If he's pumping, then it's just to the converted.

I'm not the one who said the comment. I was shocked by the thought and so asked the person if they really believed he was the reason. I had no idea who he was until a few days before the coin launch, and I also doubt that if I went outside and ask 100 people who this Max guy is that I'll find even one person who knows who he is.
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
February 15, 2014, 01:15:37 AM

Activity: 294
February 15, 2014, 12:02:22 AM
Maxcoin was just added to Cryptsy https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/152
February 14, 2014, 06:58:05 PM
Max Keiser invited to the famous London Real show to discuss maxcoin
http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoin/comments/1xxrw5/max_keiser_invited_to_the_famous_london_real_show/
Activity: 210
February 14, 2014, 03:46:10 PM
Most screwed up coin that I can think of.

BTW Bitcoin world, The coin has pretty much never been CPU mined.  It was GPU mined by devs from the beginning, and by almost everyone else after the first few days.  

Go here and download the revised CGMiner and Cudaminer programs.:   http://dwarfpool.com/max

Problems off the bat:

- No windows wallet
- When they finally did release a Windows wallet, the wallet itself isn't set up to configure itself, like almost every other wallet out there, so in order to get it to Sync, I had to make a .conf file (Not something a non-technical "investor" is going to want to do)
- When they copied the wallet, they didn't even take the time to check to see if they changed the names of the old coin through the code.  For instance, when you encrypt your wallet, the Wallet lets you know if you lose your Passphrase, you won't be able to access your BLAKECOINS.  
- The coin is in a constant 75% attack, with 1gh having approx 75% of the network hashrate, yet no one seems to care???  1gh doesn't even have an advisement to please use a different pool .  Every other coin freaks out when a pool gets 45% of the hashrate.  Pools stop allowing people to join, and actually push some people out.  Yet with MaxCoin it's business as usual.

I believe it's the worst coin ever launched.  But I still mine it.  Lol.  And why you might ask.  Because to many people listen to Max and do everything he says.  I remember sitting with LTC at $2, and BTC around $200, and when Max told his followers to pump, BTC jumped in less than a week to $1000, and LTC followed to $50.  He has tweeted that he wants to pump Max to more than BTC's value, if he does, I am going to Disneyland.  

February 14, 2014, 03:32:23 PM
[Maxcoin] "the biggest development in the crypto space for some time" http://therealasset.co.uk/bitcoin-maxcoin/
February 14, 2014, 03:20:24 PM
@Vivisector999

1Gh is friendly pool. They've raised mining pool fees to make people switch to other pools. Efforts are underway at the moment to make mining distribution more even across the board.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MaxcoinMining/comments/1xwl5q/max1ghcom_hashrate_percentage_display_changed/
Activity: 541
February 14, 2014, 03:16:56 PM
Most screwed up coin that I can think of.

BTW Bitcoin world, The coin has pretty much never been CPU mined.  It was GPU mined by devs from the beginning, and by almost everyone else after the first few days.  

Go here and download the revised CGMiner and Cudaminer programs.:   http://dwarfpool.com/max

Problems off the bat:

- No windows wallet
- When they finally did release a Windows wallet, the wallet itself isn't set up to configure itself, like almost every other wallet out there, so in order to get it to Sync, I had to make a .conf file (Not something a non-technical "investor" is going to want to do)
- When they copied the wallet, they didn't even take the time to check to see if they changed the names of the old coin through the code.  For instance, when you encrypt your wallet, the Wallet lets you know if you lose your Passphrase, you won't be able to access your BLAKECOINS.  
- The coin is in a constant 75% attack, with 1gh having approx 75% of the network hashrate, yet no one seems to care???  1gh doesn't even have an advisement to please use a different pool .  Every other coin freaks out when a pool gets 45% of the hashrate.  Pools stop allowing people to join, and actually push some people out.  Yet with MaxCoin it's business as usual.

I believe it's the worst coin ever launched.  But I still mine it.  Lol.  And why you might ask.  Because to many people listen to Max and do everything he says.  I remember sitting with LTC at $2, and BTC around $200, and when Max told his followers to pump, BTC jumped in less than a week to $1000, and LTC followed to $50.  He has tweeted that he wants to pump Max to more than BTC's value, if he does, I am going to Disneyland.  
February 14, 2014, 03:09:52 PM
@bitcoin_world.de

Did you read the apology the devs put out? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5046734

To correct some misconceptions about the launch:

*It was a mess and we own up to that.
*It was not intentionally so chaotic.
*The devs have made no money out of MaxCoin (we've actually lost money right now in server costs).
*Max provided no funding to the dev team and to my knowledge had no advantage over any other miner (excluding his financial resources of course)
*We had every intention of having GUI wallets available for all all clients at launch as well as a CGMiner port (we planned originally to release this on day 2 to allow people to CPU mine first but it became apparent that the community were going to beat us to it so we put resources into developing one but proved unsuccessful due to time and competing priorities), stratum port and p2pool port.
*The above was not possible due to time and resources constraints and it was decided that it would be better to launch as was than delay and upset the community.
*In hindsight it was the wrong move to release when we did and we should have delayed but hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

This above is my take on things personally and doesn't reflect the opinions of the entire dev team or Max himself. A comprehensive statement explaining and apologising the launch will come hopefully tomorrow.

I can only apologise if people feel cheated and or let down by the launch. We all hope to do better in the future.
Original source: http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoinproject/comments/1xgo7a/the_launch_wasnt_for_crypto_cry_babies_cowboy_up/cfbany3
Activity: 192
bitcoin-world.de - The european information source
February 14, 2014, 03:00:14 PM
this is a real mafia coin in my opionion. I was mining from the first minutes which were possible to mine and havent found any blocks from this coin with all my pc´s and from my friends the same. I can list the problems from the root:

- The unfairest coin I ´ve ever waiting to mine is MaxCoin.
- There were no Windows Binaries at launch time, only Linux/Mac Sources
- Then they promised to make a binary for windows, but it came only with a daemon, so you have to start mining through MS-DOS Commands, so unfair for the non technical users
- I have mined about two days with several Core I5,I7 and AMDs also and didnt found any blocks.

Conclusion:

Only people, who are from the MaxCoin Mafia could mine all the blocks, maybe with a special miner which we dont have. Now they sell all this shitcoins to you slowly for high prices, but not too fast. These people who like this coin are scammers from the MaxCoin Marketing. This was my opinion to this Coin and I will not buy and not support this like many other miners and exchanges. But do what you want.
February 14, 2014, 02:45:11 PM
Botched Release of coin that is not ready yet. But innovation is a +1.

CryptoOracle @CryptoOracle
@maxkeiser People forget the hidden value of #maxcoin mining. 30% less power consumption = plus component longevity = stability = +btc/day
legendary
Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010
February 14, 2014, 02:24:46 PM
Botched Release of coin that is not ready yet. But innovation is a +1.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
February 14, 2014, 02:01:26 PM
If you want to mine this coin go ahead, if you want to buy it do it only for short term profit. This coin is so young and block rewards will not halve for another year, thus percentage wise inflation is very high for the coming weeks/months. Even if the market cap would triple in a months time the individual coin value will still  be less in a month than it is now. I'm not investing for another month, lets see what happens with the price for now.
February 14, 2014, 12:54:27 PM
@Alphi
The coin has inbuilt algorithm changing so if someone was to build an ASIC the devs would simply change the algorithm and they would be rendered useless.
Pages:
Jump to: