Pages:
Author

Topic: Thoughts on Max Keiser's coin (Maxcoin) - page 6. (Read 15338 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
February 11, 2014, 09:33:51 AM
Oh, how I feel for those absolute poor souls who bought into the first day sales when Maxcoins were pulling a ridiculous 0.01 btc PER coin.  

Then again I realize, stupid people are needed in this ecosystem.  And for every shark, there is a pig led out to be slaughtered.

Bitcoin experienced the same in the early days. Rise up to few $ and drops all the way down to few cents. I'm sure there were lots of wise guys calling suckers those who stayed for the long haul.

Would anyone sell me a Bitcoin now for $10?
Activity: 406
February 11, 2014, 09:30:56 AM
Oh, how I feel for those absolute poor souls who bought into the first day sales when Maxcoins were pulling a ridiculous 0.01 btc PER coin. 

Then again I realize, stupid people are needed in this ecosystem.  And for every shark, there is a pig led out to be slaughtered.
February 11, 2014, 09:23:36 AM
This tweet just came in:

Max Keiser ‏@maxkeiser  5m
People's definition of 'elite' should not expand to include anyone with a full mouth of teeth and an I.Q. above a squirrel.
#CryptoBabies
February 11, 2014, 09:21:00 AM
I dont think he even cares for Maxcoin, for him is just piece of advertising.

Of course he cares. Did you check his tweeter feed? He has interesting plans for Maxcoin going further.
February 11, 2014, 09:19:59 AM
Do we get a share of the coins mined during the failed launch if we join the dev team?  Cheesy

Assuming for the sake of argument those devs mined coins the very 1st day. That share is minuscule. A very tiny % out of total were mined the 1st day and many of those coins mined the 1st day were community mining farms and professional miners.

So we're talking very small % of very small %.
Activity: 595
Merit: 500
February 11, 2014, 09:19:08 AM
I dont think he even cares for Maxcoin, for him is just piece of advertising.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
February 11, 2014, 09:08:16 AM
Do we get a share of the coins mined during the failed launch if we join the dev team?  Cheesy
February 11, 2014, 09:06:05 AM

OP,

What is your affiliation with MAXCOIN?

User, Staff or Developer?

~BCX~

That's a loaded question which I won't bother answering.

Since on that topic, though, Maxcoin project is expanding and hiring devs http://maxcoin.nl/2014/02/looking-for-a-programmer-to-help-with-maxcoin-project/

Sounds pretty bullish!

Maybe I will apply LOL

~BCX~

Sure, why not, if you think you can make a positive difference. Launch was plagued with bugs and issues so I'm sure they could use more hands on deck.
February 10, 2014, 11:45:50 PM

OP,

What is your affiliation with MAXCOIN?

User, Staff or Developer?

~BCX~

That's a loaded question which I won't bother answering.

Since on that topic, though, Maxcoin project is expanding and hiring devs http://maxcoin.nl/2014/02/looking-for-a-programmer-to-help-with-maxcoin-project/

Sounds pretty bullish!
Activity: 196
February 10, 2014, 10:09:09 PM
how are ppl still complaining about the 1st day, that is many days ago.

I wasted at least 10 hours in that coin too, first 5 hours tried copperlark cgminer, with solo, pool, and everything. the next 3 hour tried to find cudaminer code, binary, compiler and everything. then tried desperately setup cpu miner. but hey, that is last week. in crypto world, it is like, last year.
Activity: 130
February 10, 2014, 09:58:29 PM
@Herp

Maxcoin was a fucking joke launch its plain and simple.

Fair launch yeah whatever you keep thinking it is whilst Max pulls your pants down.......

You've made two highly intellectual remarks. Your daddy must be proud.

Joke launch doesn't mean unfair launch.

Got any other pearls of wisdom to share?

Why bring my family into it...TWAT

Its was a laugh a minute, hang on let me give you wallet but its password protected, let my config my system so when I press go I know exactly what I am doing. So I can mine the shit out of it before other people get to grips with it.

Oh let me release new nodes that I have been using myself to mine every 20 mins.

Let me release sporadic bits on info to make me look like we messed up and trying to help but infact we raped the hell out the coin in the time it took you to figure out WTF was going on.

Over to you now, your boyfriend must be very proud of you as you can suck a football through a hosepipe.....

PS Ive gone for the night so insult away.....
February 10, 2014, 09:47:43 PM
@Herp

Fair launch yeah whatever you keep thinking it is whilst Max pulls your pants down.......

You've made two highly intellectual remarks. Your daddy must be proud.

Joke launch doesn't mean unfair launch.

Got any other pearls of wisdom to share?
February 10, 2014, 09:42:13 PM

2)  Mining was not only way of getting your hands on this coin. Lots of people were able to get into it by buying. Those who got in the 2nd day were able to mine it just as easily as 1st day miners. One day doesn't change much at all. So get over this argument.

BTW I didn't sell at .04 but I did indeed sell several thousand at the height. Am I a hypocrite, no.

Just because I was able to crash your game and make bank doesn't mean I am going to defend the stupid and not call your scam out for what it is.

So let me get this straight. You've noticed from day 1 this is a 'scam" and you willingly participated in the 'scam" to rip off people yourself and yet somehow you come out of the whole story clean as a whistle. Legally all the people who willingly participate in a crime are criminals and that would include you.

It's like saying you've witnessed a rape going on and you've decided to join the gang rape but that was perfectly fine since you weren't the guy who started it. Oh and you also call the cops in the end to expose the ordeal.

People like you disgust me.

~HRP~
Activity: 130
February 10, 2014, 09:33:58 PM
@Herp

February 10, 2014, 09:21:26 PM
@Herp

your pissing me off with this retard bullshit..
Do you have anger issues?

what part of i am a a leet ass computer pro did you not understand ?
want my resume ? it's god damn large man lol
Wow. Smart and modest. Wink

i am a cracker
I can believe that. Wink

I won't bother replying to your whole wall of text nonsense. Suffice to say you are an active miner, clearly mining Maxcoin at the moment judging by the posts you've made in the other thread. Why do you mine it? If this is a scam coin you are a scammer yourself by willingly participating in this scam and scamming people by selling scam coins to them. Get it?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 10, 2014, 09:20:24 PM

i am a cracker and coder and have been for 10 to 20 years straight and i have started using Linux about 15 years ago now.
which means no i am not grandma trying to learn how to use a command prompt lol
 i tried for about 3 hours straight non fucking stop
and the block chain was pretty fucking small man it would not have taken much to get synced and it refused to.. so i gave up !

Rofl awesome, this must mean that I must be some sort of computer master since I, as an engineering student with little coding experience managed to figure it out and get mining soon after launch while this self proclaimed coding/cracking genius was unable to do it  Cheesy

Well either that or he's just a liar and a complete cretin
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
February 10, 2014, 09:09:41 PM
@Herp

i have already explained it you that the fucking god damn dev themselves admitted there was a problem with the daemon
and that they had released a FIXED windows daemon.exe.. do i need to take a screen shot of the twitter announcement ?
You *should know this since your the expert here on this coin.. playing dumb ?

you are acting like a lying scammer and your pissing me off with this retard bullshit..

i am a cracker and coder and have been for 10 to 20 years straight and i have started using Linux about 15 years ago now.
which means no i am not grandma trying to learn how to use a command prompt lol

there was something wrong with the daemon or they would not have made a new version saying they fixed for people having issues
and like i already said.. how is it i was struggling to make it work when i did the same thing when the new .exe was released
that i had done non stop for hour after hour after hour.. i tried for about 3 hours straight non fucking stop
and the block chain was pretty fucking small man it would not have taken much to get synced and it refused to.. so i gave up !
and when i tried again like 8 hours later all i did was download the new .exe and run it.. it was sync'd in 2 seconds flat man.
i changed nothing at all in my conf.. it was correct from the minute i got the password from the fucking twitter feed the minute they released it..

and hey since ya wanna be a dick and play games lets dig deeper..

Why did they have an official pool that did not work still 4 days later ? yet tons of random people out there managed to figure out how to mod the code and fire one up..

Why is the official exchange they kept advertising still messed up with some que'd order crap ?

Why did they not have a windows QT GUI for launch time ?
They have one now way after the fact and it has the options menu disabled and a new icon aside from that its identical to any i have seen before.
SO what was the big hold up ?

Why is it they released at all when they KNEW they had a daemon only for windows and most people would be small time users running windows ?
Had they said we're stalling 24hrs to get a wallet coded up and compiled i would have fully understood and not bitched at all !!!

Since some tweaking had to be done to make miners work how is it they had none ready for launch although requested for example on Twitter on the 3rd
far in advance they wanted a coder to work on a cgminer mod.. Who believes they didn't have one on launch ?

Not sure who you are but you have an agenda obviously.. and i think your full of shit
And those guys who were lucky enough to solo mine blocks first few hrs at easy difficulty and dump them at mcxnow for 0.03 BTC made a god damn killing lol
must be nice... those guys we're making $2000 a block roughly
so yeah i guess those pricks would be proclaiming the coin is a success lol
February 10, 2014, 08:42:47 PM
Do you even read or understand the words you type before you press the "post" button? Please answer this question.
ehh... fuck off?!

1) Just because lots of people knew about and/or heard the hype from Max Keiser DOES NOT equal fair launch.
Knowing about it weighs heavily in a fair launch. Look at NEXT launch and launch of other coins, of which very few people knew about. Lots of people can make the claim those were anything but fair because a very limited amount of people knew about it. So yes, I think people knowing about it is the main ingredient of a fair launch!

2) The fact that everyone who heard about it and wanted to, could not mine it on the first day is what makes it very unfair.
Grandma wanted to mine some Maxcoins but couldn't handle the DOS command prompt or Linux, but she really wanted to. It was highly unfair to all the grandmas out there.  Mining was not only way of getting your hands on this coin. Lots of people were able to get into it by buying. Those who got in the 2nd day were able to mine it just as easily as 1st day miners. One day doesn't change much at all. So get over this argument.

3) The fact that a small subset of experienced crypto miners (like myself) and the devs were the only ones that could on any large scale, makes this extremely likely that this was planed to slant advantage toward the devs in order to capitalize and profit from the huge hype and rise during the initial 24 hours created by a celebrity endorser. Seriously how hard was it to compile a Windows miner pre launch.
That's PURE speculation on your part. Highest % of miners, those with highest hashing power are experienced miners and mining farms.

....and before you continue to spew about how many post the MAX thread has, realize an overwhelming majority of it is basically a collective "WTF".
Not really. Majority of those posts are people genuinely interested in getting a piece of the action.

If you really want to help MAX, I suggest you shut the fuck up because you have yet to say anything that adds even the slightest bit of credibility to MAX.

Piss of hypocrite! You've admitted yourself you were an early miner and made a killing mining this coin. You were probably one of those guys selling for 0.04 prices. If you're such a knight in shinning armor why not return that money to the people you're ripped off on this "scam coin" as you've called it?

Activity: 573
Merit: 500
February 10, 2014, 08:32:20 PM

So to say Maxcoin launch was unfair because some people only started mining the 2nd day and not the very first day is stupid, as plenty of people who knew about the launch were able to easily mine the shit out of it.

Do you even read or understand the words you type before you press the "post" button? Please answer this question.

1) Just because lots of people knew about and/or heard the hype from Max Keiser DOES NOT equal fair launch.

2) The fact that everyone who heard about it and wanted to, could not mine it on the first day is what makes it very unfair.

3) The fact that a small subset of experienced crypto miners (like myself) and the devs were the only ones that could on any large scale, makes this extremely likely that this was planed to slant advantage toward the devs in order to capitalize and profit from the huge hype and rise during the initial 24 hours created by a celebrity endorser. Seriously how hard was it to compile a Windows miner pre launch.

....and before you continue to spew about how many post the MAX thread has, realize an overwhelming majority of it is basically a collective "WTF".

If you really want to help MAX, I suggest you shut the fuck up because you have yet to say anything that adds even the slightest bit of credibility to MAX.

~BCX~

+1
Pages:
Jump to: