Pages:
Author

Topic: Time to boycott coinmarketcap.com - page 3. (Read 8483 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004
December 27, 2013, 02:32:34 PM
Only "issued" coins should count toward market-cap.

I'd count pre-mined (& never sold) coins as NOT issued into the market.

This is similar to shares of stock on the stock market.... Corps generally "authorize" a huge number of shares in their company formation docs , but only periodically "issue" (sell) a fraction thereof into the market. It's those "issued" shares that all financial services use to compute market-cap.
Activity: 840
Merit: 509
December 27, 2013, 02:28:45 PM
Looks like ripple must of paid off the owner of coinmarketcap to display ripple as the 2nd most popular cryptocoin .We all know this is a lie as most ripple coins we created and are owned by the company that started it

I don't think there's any evidence to suggest he was bribed, but apparently he took it to a public vote. I don't see how we can trust half of these coins now since the markets are so easily manipulated.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
December 27, 2013, 02:24:30 PM
Very interesting, I wondered what happened. Here is the problem: everyone has an opinion. This ranges from what constitutes a serious alt coin, to how you calculate market cap. Eventually every such site will have incentive to sell out (if that is what happened). But to be fair if those are the stats, there is little to argue with that. Depends on how you calculate "market cap".

Which of the coins are pre-mined? Most bitcoin devs believe most coins are pure pump&dumps, but others think bitcoin is selling out. Best is to establish some ground rules. I personally don't believe in any coin which is not opensource.

By the way cryptmarketcap doesn't list next coin? They have 46 listed coins. Coinmarketcap has 64, and Nxt moved to the bottom for some reason.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
December 27, 2013, 02:12:34 PM
Looks like ripple must of paid off the owner of coinmarketcap to display ripple as the 2nd most popular cryptocoin .We all know this is a lie as most ripple coins we created and are owned by the company that started it.

time to swtich over to a better site that doesn't count centralized , premined or intsamined coins

http://www.cryptmarketcap.com/
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/info

(original post from "Bossman")

ridiculus to add "scam non coin " Ripple to that list in my opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: