Pages:
Author

Topic: Time to end the XMR vs DASH battle: Confessions of a Dash Enthusiast - page 3. (Read 7433 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
what if the "monero troll team" is damaging intentionally XMR and DASH as reverse trolling from some other coin?

for example:

coin x, y and z are competitors.

trolls from coin x dress themselves as troll from coin y to attack z.

coin y and z get both reputation damage, spam accusations and so on.

coin x wins.

assuming y is monero and z is dash. who might be coin x in this situation?

Those that FUD Monero and try to make bad public image are not only from DASH. Monero is dangerous to way more other coins then just one.  

As i said milion times everyone has right to tell the truth. Actually should be our duty. At least for those with strong nerves. No one should spread lies and modify history.  That will return to DASH and other coins as a boomerang. Also this action here.

.. of a crippled coin raped by botnets without wallet and practical use.

lol when i checked your post history i just found what i posted up.

crippled
raped
no wallet

why need to post lies? all 3 words are untrue.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
I've asked you before, and I will ask you again, do you or do you not condone the actions of the Monero trolls? Do you think that trolling other coins is a good way to gain publicity? Are you happy that people think of this when they think about Monero?

I'm still waiting for an answer, Riccardo.

Of course he does condone, but won't say anything on record.

Only this time there was a backlash and butts are hurt when the premier troll hero icebreaker is humiliated for his premature ejaculation.

iCEBREAKER did nothing wrong.

Except probably donate 240xmr to the dash guy rofl rofl

Supporting the coin you are supposed to be trolling. Fail much???

Activity: 273
Merit: 250
what if the "monero troll team" is damaging intentionally XMR and DASH as reverse trolling from some other coin?

for example:

coin x, y and z are competitors.

trolls from coin x dress themselves as troll from coin y to attack z.

coin y and z get both reputation damage, spam accusations and so on.

coin x wins.

assuming y is monero and z is dash. who might be coin x in this situation?
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Not really. I'm going on record as saying that I don't condone censorship, people getting banned because someone doesn't agree with a post on Reddit. My position on this is clear. Enough of the bullshit and let's get on with the business at hand of making the future currencies of the world.

I've asked you before, and I will ask you again, do you or do you not condone the actions of the Monero trolls? Do you think that trolling other coins is a good way to gain publicity? Are you happy that people think of this when they think about Monero?

You're not my friend. You don't get to use my first name.

I honestly don't see the trolling you claim exists. Sure, iCEBREAKER goes off on things, but he's no worse than Spoetnik. I think people need to stop being so sensitive and use the ignore button. I certainly have no control over what iCEBREAKER says or doesn't say, nor would I ever want to waste what little influence I have trying to force the community to follow my ideological beliefs.

That said, I definitely do not condone TheDashGuy's asking for donations and implying the donations would go towards him working on Monero:

That is borderline fraud.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
^But he was on short time, that's just how he put it, short time. There was an electric rush running through him he hadn't felt since the stocks. The interview went great, spot on, liek a modern Leonardo describing masterpieces, splendid. Line after line, he rambed in half-lucid thoughts about his fintech surprise. I just got propositioned by a queer he said to me, as he ran past me to the streets..

The Evan's Gate graphic novel is going to be E.P.I.C.

Now we just need to put in a FFS request for an illustrator.

Can we get Dave McKean and Bill Sienkiewicz to team up?

Someone scratched my novel and killed my sock. Moderators are always cramping my style. Angry
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014
Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host
Are you even cognizant of the fact that you're exploiting a piece of reverse-troll propaganda and thus in actuality yourself trolling? Do you condone Dash trolls, or are you in denial that such a thing exists?
I wasn't talking to you here, I was asking a question to Riccardo. I have nothing to do with this OP caper, I just know that this whole thing is getting both sides nowhere fast. So I'm not trolling.

I do not condone trolling from either side. I also do not condone censorship over legitimate debate and criticism from anybody in Dash. While I can't control anyone and can't stop them from doing these things if they wish to, I've been abundantly clear where I stand on these issues. I'm simply asking a respected member of the Monero community where he stands on them, and I'm still waiting for an answer.

Silence speaks volumes...

Your first attempt to imply that "crickets" had anything to do with anything was debunked...now you are at it again?

Speaks volumes?

Why not just be patient, not everyone responds instantly as you would appear to want.

Take a step back and perhaps go do something else and come back and maybe you'll get a response.  Kiss
Good advice. I think I will go promote Dash a bit on Twitter and then go to bed. I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow. Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Are you even cognizant of the fact that you're exploiting a piece of reverse-troll propaganda and thus in actuality yourself trolling? Do you condone Dash trolls, or are you in denial that such a thing exists?
I wasn't talking to you here, I was asking a question to Riccardo. I have nothing to do with this OP caper, I just know that this whole thing is getting both sides nowhere fast. So I'm not trolling.

I do not condone trolling from either side. I also do not condone censorship over legitimate debate and criticism from anybody in Dash. While I can't control anyone and can't stop them from doing these things if they wish to, I've been abundantly clear where I stand on these issues. I'm simply asking a respected member of the Monero community where he stands on them, and I'm still waiting for an answer.

Your first attempt to imply that "crickets" had anything to do with anything was debunked...now you are at it again?

Speaks volumes?

Why not just be patient, not everyone responds instantly as you would appear to want.

Take a step back and perhaps go do something else and return later and maybe you'll get a response.  Kiss
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Hmm Trolling ? Donations ? Drama ?
..yawn i am bored  Cry

Wake me up when something interesting happens !

I just find it interesting seeing more than 1 guy Trolling then admitting it and then bragging about it.
Are we aware of the rules here ?

My side of the fight ?
Neither.. Anon coins are a bad idea.
Sorry guys  Cheesy Grin
Activity: 994
Merit: 513
Holy fuck…

As someone, who isn't really involved in this feud, this thread looks quite impressive. Started today and 4 pages already.

Is there any other reason for Dash and Monero screaming at each other, apart from them having the same potential use cases and users?
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
Guys, do take a look here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/4r9mc9/time_to_end_the_xmr_vs_dash_battle_confessions_of/

Some of us (including those on the Dash core team and devs) are willing to make the refund if TheDashGuy refuses.

"[–]
2WrongsNotRight 4 points an hour ago*

I am a developer with a number of commits in the DASH repository. I am posting from a new account because I do not want my identity to influence the evaluation of my comments.

Yes the Monero community has many trolls and likely more than DASH. However ignoring their baseless attacks and responding to occasional valid criticism is far more effective than this continued back and forth. I am not defending the Monero community, but I will not defend /u/TheDashGuy either.

I hope that /u/TheDashGuy returns the donations he received until false pretenses. Since we can only attempt to persuade him to do so, perhaps the DASH community will do so on his behalf should he refuse.

If no action is take in the next few days, I may consider refunding the XMR myself because that is the right thing to do. This PR move by /u/TheDashGuy is embarrassing.

I understand that some may accuse me of FUD or question my motivation. Please focus on my comments instead. If I need to reveal my identity I will do so but I will also simultaneously resign from all future DASH development efforts and write an open letter explaining my reasons along with an offer to personally refund the donated XMR. I have faith that the DASH community will take the high ground so that does not happen.

It is important to note that the people who made the XMR donations to /u/TheDashGuy until false pretenses were not the trolls being complained about.

EDIT: Whether you agree with me on not please upvote this topic for visibility. It deserves discussion. Ignoring the issue may cause some unintended consequences that can still be easily avoided.
"
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
I've asked you before, and I will ask you again, do you or do you not condone the actions of the Monero trolls?

Can you name the Monero trolls that you're talking about?

You say you don't condone censorship from the Dash moderation team - that is BasilPop, evand82 (Evan Duffield), tungfa and others.

Are you going to condone these guys? Are you going to condone Evan Duffield?

Do you have any appreciation of the size of the hypocrisy you're currently peddling? And how is it that critical dissent is forbidden on the Dashpay reddit where blatant racism is tolerated. (Yes. That is actually a thing.)

Your hypocrisy is absolutely stunning.
legendary
The actions of some individuals in one social media site does not equate to Dash suppressing free speech. I can't speak for the individual you speak of (I would need examples) but I can for myself and I am perfectly OK with criticism and debate. Dash.org, the Dash ANN, the Dash Nation thread are all either unmoderated or slightly moderated for BS like spam. Plenty of avenues to get valid opinions and criticism in.

First up, the reason you had "crickets" from me was because I was asleep. I'm sorry I chose to sleep at 3am instead of continuing this discussion. I find it's always best to remember that people live all over the world, and long-form discussions don't need to occur when you happen to be online.

Now to the point: your quoted post is incredibly hypocritical. You're calling on me to speak for some individuals on one social media site, because apparently their actions equate to Monero's actions. Pot. Kettle. Black.
Not really. I'm going on record as saying that I don't condone censorship, people getting banned because someone doesn't agree with a post on Reddit. My position on this is clear. Enough of the bullshit and let's get on with the business at hand of making the future currencies of the world.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
This Monero - Dash rivalry is like a bad sitcom. And yes that is a pleonasm.
Activity: 400
Merit: 263
Can we just please let it go? if anything he has proven how nice the Monero community is. Trolls be trollin'....

In my opinion all has been said about dash, re iterating the same arguments for another few years will change nothing. It will collapse under its pretense of mass adoption (when there is no mass adoption of crypto in sight), the weak liquidity, the high concentration of funds in very few hands, the insolvable ambiguity of company antics run by amateurish managers versus open source development or the only currently existing use case which is to pay close to 4000 nodes for verifying a few transactions every 5 minutes, further adding to the concentration of funds. lol.

Yes, monero has even less transactions. It also doesn't require 27,x million USD tied up in nodes to do that. I can't even write that without shaking my head....

No need to harp on the instamine any longer.

I personally can live with signature whores, newbie accounts and scamcoin proponents calling the Monero community arrogant and obnoxious. Who gives a shit.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
The actions of some individuals in one social media site does not equate to Dash suppressing free speech. I can't speak for the individual you speak of (I would need examples) but I can for myself and I am perfectly OK with criticism and debate. Dash.org, the Dash ANN, the Dash Nation thread are all either unmoderated or slightly moderated for BS like spam. Plenty of avenues to get valid opinions and criticism in.

First up, the reason you had "crickets" from me was because I was asleep. I'm sorry I chose to sleep at 3am instead of continuing this discussion. I find it's always best to remember that people live all over the world, and long-form discussions don't need to occur when you happen to be online.

Now to the point: your quoted post is incredibly hypocritical. You're calling on me to speak for some individuals on one social media site, because apparently their actions equate to Monero's actions. Pot. Kettle. Black.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

No, I'm not condoning it. The actions of The Dash Guy, while solely for the purpose of turning the tables on people who have been attacking Dash mercilessly for years, might not have been the best way to get his point across.

As far as the "scam" comments, just so we're clear, I'm talking about your "house of scammers" comment, which would certainly imply the whole Dash project. So I understand fine the meaning of your previous comment, and that is the one I took exception to.

Always nice to debate you, I always had a soft spot for you...

Typical muffled indignation I expect out of politicians and used cars salesmen. You have your goons also, so the turning the tables while getting paid is hardly justified by a "I don't like his methods, but it's about time" attitude.

As for dash being a house of scam, go ahead and take exception. Dash's media claims it is decentralized, yet it is designed to be centralized https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14601018, and the media claims dash was fairly launched and has no premine without stating that it has the equivalent of one through the process of an "accidental" instamine--you can play naïve on your own time, but I know when semantical distinctions that are attempting to misguide and circumvent reality are being put into full force and creating obscene arguments of "well it's the truth because you can't prove otherwise."  

This is my time and I'd appreciate if you didn't waste it with fluff and false claims of indignation--while I can't prove that you know better and aren't the slimiest of the bunch (hiding under a veneer of chimerical enthusiasm) if you slip-up once and lose your actor's notes....
legendary
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
TheDashGuy,

With all due respect you may have successfully gained 300 XMR in your confidence game, but it is you that missed an important lesson here:

Lao Tsu said "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

You just stole a few fish in the middle of a fishing lesson. Eat well now because you are setting yourself up to be hungry for life.

Imagine being given 300 Bitcoins in 2011, when they were worth almost 2 dollars each.

Now imagine rage dumping them, Because [Something Offensive On Bitcointalk].

That's what TheDashGuy has done here.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
I'm a Dash enthusiast and also hold XMR and respect both projects. I also accept Dash for my businesses.

Only reason I haven't started accepting XMR is there isn't a way for me to do the USD pricing conversion to XMR easily and the lack of an official GUI (which I understand will be completed by year end) so hopefully this will change soon.

As much as I have also experienced XMR trolls, I don't think there's any need for Dash supporters to mud fling back. Doesn't help the cause in anyway.

@DashGuy: If you want to represent Dash and mean well (or any coin for that matter), do it with respect and argue on the facts. XMR's anonymity is solid that is not in dispute and Dash has decided to go for a different approach. I know you mean well and are ardently fervent about Dash (but yet unhappy with Dash's core team at the same time) and think that Dash are stupid for not taking up your suggestions, but things like these serve no purpose other than to

a) Get attention (the bad sort)
b) Make people pissed off.

Tell me, how does this help Dash's cause in gloating over making a swindle? How does 'trolling' the trollers make you any better? I would even say this makes you even worse. This doesn't "teach them a lesson" in anyway but just further builds distrust and hate.

I hope the donations you gathered for DashNation are returned to the original donaters or at least given to Monero as a show of good faith.

To the Monero supporters, I apologize on behalf of DashGuy. He is not representative of a great many of us. I once made a similar comparison of Monero's community (after receiving some nasty messages when I accepted Dash) and was given the response that they are not representative of Monero's community either and hope the same benefit of the doubt can be given to the Dash community. I think even on the reddit post, many Dash enthusiasts are frankly embarrassed (as am I).

So my takeaway from this is that you manipulated the goodwill of several members of the Monero community to make a point about how we're infected with a troll problem?

Then you called us gullible.

I personally would have preferred to have the person you pretended to be in our community.  That guy was really nice and seemed to genuinely want to help us.

If you ever find that guy again, I'd love to have him on our team.  Call me gullible.

Please do take him.

legendary
Who's suppressing free speech? The Dash ANN is unmoderated, as is the Dash Nation thread. I got ambushed by 5 or 6 detractors over there all at once, and debated them all on Dash's merits and shortcomings. Debate and crtiticism is what leads to a stronger coin and we welcome it in Dash. Unlike the Dash Nation Civil War thread, which I have had my posts deleted from...

You know full well that /r/Dashpay bans anyone that the moderation team doesn't agree with, as well as censoring material it doesn't agree with.

You can't just turn around and distance yourself from the Dash subreddit just because you're not in charge.

If you're going to attack isolated trolls as being representative of the entire Monero community, then at the very least show some backbone and take responsibility for the actions of your fellow Dash administrators.

I ask you to show me a post where I celebrated his endeavor. I merely said earlier that the force is strong with him as he saw an opportunity to make a point, and followed through with it. And there you go with your incessant "scam" mantra. I'm still waiting for facts in the Dash Nation thread, and am still hearing crickets, surprise, surprise. Don't make me post the Allen Iverson video again...

So you are condoning it? And at the same time asking Fluffy to renounce critics (who mind you, never asked for a dime from the dash community). Do I need to spell out the H word for you?

Also, a scammer is someone who passes themselves, a product, or a business KNOWINGLY as something it is not--so, TAO, when I write that TheDashGuy is a scammer for pretending to be a Monero convert and asking for donations, I can assure you that the English language agrees with my usage. But thanks for illustrating again that you have no idea what a scam is or when you are actively condoning one.

No, I'm not condoning it. The actions of The Dash Guy, while solely for the purpose of turning the tables on people who have been attacking Dash mercilessly for years, might not have been the best way to get his point across.

As far as the "scam" comments, just so we're clear, I'm talking about your "house of scammers" comment, which would certainly imply the whole Dash project. So I understand fine the meaning of your previous comment, and that is the one I took exception to.

Always nice to debate you, I always had a soft spot for you...
Pages:
Jump to: