Pages:
Author

Topic: Time to end the XMR vs DASH battle: Confessions of a Dash Enthusiast - page 4. (Read 7433 times)

Activity: 174
Merit: 101
And I hope after reading this the Monero trolls will calm their asses down...because the only reason this story is being written is out of the pure hilarity of it. Otherwise I would have just kept it to myself and giggled all the way to the bank!

Anyways, I'm not the best writer as you can see, so I will just jump right in to the funnies and life lessons.

TheDashGuy,

With all due respect you may have successfully gained 300 XMR in your confidence game, but it is you that missed an important lesson here:

Lao Tsu said "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

You just stole a few fish in the middle of a fishing lesson. Eat well now because you are setting yourself up to be hungry for life.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
The waitress said, "what about masternodes?" Coke machines! Coke machines! Lined white is the way to heaven! One long drag smoking white poles of Peruvian god dust. Those mountains soar like an eagle fidgety with living--what! Who was that! Fuck, fincen and the horse they rode in on. Damn bloggers just keep ranting 'bout the effects without knowing the effects--take another run up the mountain and fly! That's effect.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
^But he was on short time, that's just how he put it, short time. There was an electric rush running through him he hadn't felt since the stocks. The interview went great, spot on, liek a modern Leonardo describing masterpieces, splendid. Line after line, he rambed in half-lucid thoughts about his fintech surprise. I just got propositioned by a queer he said to me, as he ran past me to the streets..

The Evan's Gate graphic novel is going to be E.P.I.C.

Now we just need to put in a FFS request for an illustrator.

Can we get Dave McKean and Bill Sienkiewicz to team up?
Activity: 1873
Merit: 840
Keep what's important, and know who's your friend
The stretch around the villa had a nightmare flatness, a peripatetic wasteland covered in overpriced tourist blow by Evan and that child, to this day I don't know who that kid was, but he took him everywhere, like a pederast in heat, that's how the waitress described him to the one with the hair-lip. It was just blow tho, I guess the kid brought it in with the tea.

dude, you must be confused... you're looking for 4chan.org/b/
legendary
So one of the first lessons you learn as a junky is how to wait. Not patience, it isn't that, more fidgety than stand-stillish; no one would ever mistake a junk man for a patient man...But you learn, try to find some weed to calm you down, that's what we did on Las Ramblas before Evan beat that hippie to near-death. Evan, I said. You have to confess to this thing you did.

Reading ^this in William S. Burroughs' voice....  Cheesy
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
So my takeaway from this is that you manipulated the goodwill of several members of the Monero community to make a point about how we're infected with a troll problem?

Then you called us gullible.

I personally would have preferred to have the person you pretended to be in our community.  That guy was really nice and seemed to genuinely want to help us.

If you ever find that guy again, I'd love to have him on our team.  Call me gullible.
legendary
I ask you to show me a post where I celebrated his endeavor. I merely said earlier that the force is strong with him as he saw an opportunity to make a point, and followed through with it. And there you go with your incessant "scam" mantra. I'm still waiting for facts in the Dash Nation thread, and am still hearing crickets, surprise, surprise. Don't make me post the Allen Iverson video again...

So you are condoning it? And at the same time asking Fluffy to renounce critics (who mind you, never asked for a dime from the dash community). Do I need to spell out the H word for you?

Also, a scammer is someone who passes themselves, a product, or a business KNOWINGLY as something it is not--so, TAO, when I write that TheDashGuy is a scammer for pretending to be a Monero convert and asking for donations, I can assure you that the English language agrees with my usage. But thanks for illustrating again that you have no idea what a scam is or when you are actively condoning one.
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
Who's suppressing free speech? The Dash ANN is unmoderated, as is the Dash Nation thread. I got ambushed by 5 or 6 detractors over there all at once, and debated them all on Dash's merits and shortcomings. Debate and crtiticism is what leads to a stronger coin and we welcome it in Dash. Unlike the Dash Nation Civil War thread, which I have had my posts deleted from...

You know full well that /r/Dashpay bans anyone that the moderation team doesn't agree with, as well as censoring material it doesn't agree with.

You can't just turn around and distance yourself from the Dash subreddit just because you're not in charge.

If you're going to attack isolated trolls as being representative of the entire Monero community, then at the very least show some backbone and take responsibility for the actions of your fellow Dash administrators.

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
LOLOLOL XMR GOT OWNED - REVERSE TROLLED.....

Sucks to be the guy that gave TheDashGuy a few hundred $$$ for thinking he defected hahahahahahaha - how does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine!

So you condone such behavior by one of your own supporters?

wow
Not normally. Read the op and my post. A taste of your own medicine.

A taste of my own medicine?

What are you talking about?

So are you going to answer the question directly or continue to deflect away from condoning such behavior?

Well do you condone the monero community toxic trolling strategies all day long look at ice breaker etc. Dash just gave the Xmr community a taste of what it feels like in reverse. I do not normally condone these activities but in this instance it's well warranted. Maybe the Xmr community will gain a sense on humility and understand that we are all in this together rather than the sick trolling campaigns that are ongoing.

iCEBREAKER did nothing wrong.

Except probably donate 240xmr to the dash guy rofl rofl

Supporting the coin you are supposed to be trolling. Fail much???
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I guess by your own inability to answer that speaks to your intensions and mindset.

@TheDashGuy,

Your actions are just noise and will ultimately make no difference in the end.

Smiley

That was my first and only thought. Some people have a very exaggerated view of their own renown or impact.
legendary
Merit: 1014
Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host
I'm still waiting, Riccardo.

Ok, fair enough. Let me ask YOU this, then. Do you condone the behaviour of these individuals? Do you think that is the direction that Monero (and crypto as a whole) should be taking? I've got my Twitter account waiting for your answer, either way...
Do you condone trolling of other coins by members of your community? Is that what you want Monero to be known for?
Take a stand, man!
*crickets*

Is this the caliber of people you would like to invest in? If not, there's room for you in Dash Nation:

www.dash.org
www.dashnation.com

How is anyone supposed to participate in Dash Nation if you suppress free speech?

TheDashGuy enjoyed the freedom to roam around the Monero subreddit to pull off his little prank.

That is not possible to do with Dash because of their policy on speech restrictions and banning dissent.
Who's suppressing free speech? The Dash ANN is unmoderated, as is the Dash Nation thread. I got ambushed by 5 or 6 detractors over there all at once, and debated them all on Dash's merits and shortcomings. Debate and crtiticism is what leads to a stronger coin and we welcome it in Dash. Unlike the Dash Nation Civil War thread, which I have had my posts deleted from...

I am amazed, the Dash turned out to be an absolute gutter of a community.

Btw Technically sound individuals wont be impressed by soda selling machines
Respectfully disagree on that one. The InstantSend technology that goes into the machine's software prevents double spends, and can be used in situations where the object being purchased costs far more than a can of Mountain Dew. It's just the showcase. Merchants can adopt it, and not be in fear of double spends, while the customer can pay and go. Dash truly is digital cash.

I look forward to Dash's peer-reviewed white papers that contain no mathematics.
And I look forward to Monero's leaders standing up and publicly denouncing the wretched behaviour of their band of trolls that serve to make all of crypto look bad, not to mention hold Monero back. Alas, that will never happen either.

We need to end this. I'm definitely not the only one who feels this way. I hope you are in agreement on that point.

I will absolutely not denounce anyone. They are intelligent individuals who are welcome to say whatever they want. If I am to denounce them because they are critical of some other project, where does that end? What if some community members decide they don't like sushi, which I love - should I denounce them too? What if they have different moral beliefs, or religious beliefs, or they don't love dogs as much as I do?

Your call for "Monero's leaders" (such as they exist) to denounce members of the community for this is a disgusting attack on free speech.
Ok, fair enough. Let me ask YOU this, then. Do you condone the behaviour of these individuals? Do you think that is the direction that Monero (and crypto as a whole) should be taking? I've got my Twitter account waiting for your answer, either way...

Have you denounced TheDashGuy? No, you celebrated his pretending to be someone else and taking people's money based on this false information. Once a house of scammers, always a house of scammers.
I ask you to show me a post where I celebrated his endeavor. I merely said earlier that the force is strong with him as he saw an opportunity to make a point, and followed through with it. And there you go with your incessant "scam" mantra. I'm still waiting for facts in the Dash Nation thread, and am still hearing crickets, surprise, surprise. Don't make me post the Allen Iverson video again...
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Sucks to be the guy that gave TheDashGuy a few hundred $$$ for thinking he defected hahahahahahaha - how does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine!

wow

So are you going to answer the question directly or continue to deflect away from condoning such behavior?

Well do you condone the monero community toxic trolling strategies all day long look at ice breaker etc. Dash just gave the Xmr community a taste of what it feels like in reverse. I do not normally condone these activities but in this instance it's well warranted. Maybe the Xmr community will gain a sense on humility and understand that we are all in this together rather than the sick trolling campaigns that are ongoing.

I guess by your own inability to answer that speaks to your intensions and mindset.

@TheDashGuy,

Your actions are just noise and will ultimately make no difference in the end.

Smiley
legendary

wow

legendary
Dash turned out to be an absolute gutter of a community.

Technically sound individuals wont be impressed by soda selling machines

Imagine looking forward to a nice cold soda on a hot day then finding out you have to buy Bitcoin AND convert it to Dash first.  

This is the thought process of Dash pumpers: It's like buying a soda...but with Dash!  Fucking enhanced baby!

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
I'm confused... If we are trolling, then what are you doing? Just being a dick?

Showcasing that trolling is going to cost and does nothing but hurt peoples feelings and hurt crypto as a whole.

And yes this was a dickmove, clearly.

morale of the story, stop trolling before it costs Monero a whole lot more than $600-$700 USD...

Yup.. if it wasn't for all them Troll's FUD'ing we'd have mass adoption world wide by now  Cry
legendary

wow

legendary

wow
legendary

wow
legendary
I look forward to Dash's peer-reviewed white papers that contain no mathematics.
And I look forward to Monero's leaders standing up and publicly denouncing the wretched behaviour of their band of trolls that serve to make all of crypto look bad, not to mention hold Monero back. Alas, that will never happen either.

We need to end this. I'm definitely not the only one who feels this way. I hope you are in agreement on that point.

I will absolutely not denounce anyone. They are intelligent individuals who are welcome to say whatever they want. If I am to denounce them because they are critical of some other project, where does that end? What if some community members decide they don't like sushi, which I love - should I denounce them too? What if they have different moral beliefs, or religious beliefs, or they don't love dogs as much as I do?

Your call for "Monero's leaders" (such as they exist) to denounce members of the community for this is a disgusting attack on free speech.
It's kinda not free speech when you pay them to troll others.
Nice try though.

It's also not fact when you have no proof of your claims.

Wow the irony
legendary

Have you denounced TheDashGuy? No, you celebrated his pretending to be someone else and taking people's money based on this false information. Once a house of scammers, always a house of scammers.
Pages:
Jump to: