Pages:
Author

Topic: Time Wasting at Funerals: Why? - page 2. (Read 861 times)

Activity: 179
Merit: 0
August 07, 2019, 07:21:43 PM
People say goodbye to a person, it's normal in the 21st century
Activity: 48
August 07, 2019, 06:37:10 PM
people really want to complicate your life
Activity: 58
Merit: 2
August 06, 2019, 10:53:32 PM
We pay respect to the deceased person, it is important for everyone
Activity: 213
August 06, 2019, 10:00:37 PM
I told my parents that, they called me a stupid person.
Activity: 123
Merit: 1
August 06, 2019, 09:41:58 PM
in this way, people pay tribute to the deceased person, I think it is important
Activity: 616
Merit: 30
August 06, 2019, 11:59:20 AM
Family reunion.     Cool
Exactly mate,actually most of the time funeral turns as family reunion because almost the whole family members also extended family goes to the mourn special in the last night before settling under 7ft I know this is not part of tradition but maybe this kind of occasion gives the opportunity to the family members to take a OFF from work or what they are doing in life and go tighter to see each other again.and this may happen again when someone died in future lol 😂
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
August 06, 2019, 12:29:10 AM
Family reunion.     Cool
Activity: 35
August 05, 2019, 11:58:53 PM
Its not a waste of time especially if its the one you know or your love ones funeral. Gives you closure and all. What I dont like in funerals are the speeches like they talk about the nice things the guy/gal have done, like they really know the person. Im not saying that it should be the bad things that needs to be said but it needs to be neutral. I actually hate funerals.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 05, 2019, 02:13:41 PM
You have your whole life for rushing up. At least take a rest and calm yourself down when a person close to you dies and remember how much more time you save, your are still going to die on your death day.
copper member
Activity: 89
July 05, 2019, 11:31:54 AM
Funerals are a way to pay homage to the deceased.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
June 19, 2019, 08:01:22 AM
I agree. I definitely see the appeal of these individuals sending their goodbyes but they are also super expensive imo

I think we should respect it because last time we see our love-ones and it is not time wasting to say good bye him, and the main reason behind it, we come in funerals because we share the pain with our family members who have a lot of love for him and now he has left us forever.
Activity: 255
Merit: 3
June 18, 2019, 06:53:42 PM
I agree. I definitely see the appeal of these individuals sending their goodbyes but they are also super expensive imo
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
June 18, 2019, 08:59:06 AM
This are culture that has been layed down by our ancestors and though it is not necessary, but been a reminder, it is good we should keep doing them. This brings repentant to our soul. Reminding us that one day people will gather to mourn our own death too. It is good that we should know that everything we do on this earth, we learn it here on earth and since this do not harm anyone I think it is good.
This so culture we always attribute to dead and long gone ancestors are obnoxious and should be jettisoned. I don't know why we worship these cavemen as ancestors, especially in Africa. Remember that these same ancestors longed to see our days and the phenomenal technologies. They should be the ones envying us and not the other way round.
Activity: 546
Merit: 32
June 12, 2019, 02:00:42 PM
Different religion has different kind of beliefs ad everyone will fall into this category only the way of funeral might change.I don't think its wasting time,it might be considered as respecting their souls.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
June 12, 2019, 04:59:42 AM
I don't understand the concept of mourners/bereaved family members being made to shovel sand into a grave before it is covered once a deceased is lowered into it.

What the heck is that?

Some say it is a reminder that man is from dust and will ever return to dust. Don't we all know that. Do we really need that kind of reminder? I guess not.

People already know all that, except kids and funerals aren't meant for kids. But then, man has always looked for ways to glamourise even the ugliest of opportunities at funerals.

Also, I am of the opinion that sermons and preachings at funerals are time wasting. Yes! It's unnecessary time wasting because no amount of preaching during funerals has ever converted anyone. People are just after the food and drinks. Nothing more!

What do you guys think?
This are culture that has been layed down by our ancestors and though it is not necessary, but been a reminder, it is good we should keep doing them. This brings repentant to our soul. Reminding us that one day people will gather to mourn our own death too. It is good that we should know that everything we do on this earth, we learn it here on earth and since this do not harm anyone I think it is good.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
June 12, 2019, 03:25:05 AM
I dont agree because I had a close family member die last week and we went to the funeral ofcourse, and for me it wasnt about food or drinks, but thinking about the good times with that person and griefing, hearing stories about that person.
Of course, not everyone who is at a funeral is there for the food and drinks, especially the bereaved family. But we can't truly say this of gatecrashers and distant attendees. I really don't give a damn about the reasons people attend funerals, whether for food or to pay their last respects. All I am saying is that the time spent at funerals on sermonizing is unnecessarily long and time wasting.
Activity: 27
June 06, 2019, 09:41:51 AM
If you go to a funeral of someone you do not care, it seems just a waste of time.

But if you go to a funeral of a loved one, the rituals can make it easier to say goodbye and help in the mourning process.

Do not judge.

And what is time Wasting? Two wasted minutes? Wow your time is precious. Funerals take many hours anyway.

I cannot agree more to be honest. It's not a waste of time unless you are defining it as a waste of time. I'm never present at funerals of people which I didn't know well. That's it. You decide whether a funeral is worth attending or not.
Activity: 378
Merit: 197
June 06, 2019, 03:31:21 AM
If you go to a funeral of someone you do not care, it seems just a waste of time.

But if you go to a funeral of a loved one, the rituals can make it easier to say goodbye and help in the mourning process.

Do not judge.

And what is time Wasting? Two wasted minutes? Wow your time is precious. Funerals take many hours anyway.

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269
June 06, 2019, 02:55:41 AM
This is a tradition and although it looks nonsense we should respect this, some families have their own tradition that they passed to those they have left, and they go down from generation to generation, we should respect that, some traditions are the things that define their family, so we should let them be.
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
June 05, 2019, 10:37:36 PM
I dont agree because I had a close family member die last week and we went to the funeral ofcourse, and for me it wasnt about food or drinks, but thinking about the good times with that person and griefing, hearing stories about that person.

I can understand if ur not really close to the person and you are just invited, and you go because it is the right thing to do, but you can atleast show some support to the people who where close to the person or family!
Pages:
Jump to: