Pages:
Author

Topic: Tipster Service Idea... - page 2. (Read 1874 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
April 03, 2016, 03:30:26 PM
People that can make money by betting on sports make money by betting on sports.

I came up with a few ways to screw over the other person if I was the "tipster" in this situation without even trying.

Stop paying for picks.

i guess in the scenario i'm describing you aren't really paying for picks...its more like a bounty

Example I offer a small reward for anyone who can give positive returns at the end of 2 weeks they will have earned a cut if the condition is met.

As for the trickery you're talking about...i'm not sure any "paid" tipster on this forum would risk their trust or reputation in order to screw a guy over using bogus tips...

Paid tipsters don't have any trust or reputation. They are con men. If they were good at betting they would bet.

All this system does is allow them to bet risk free. If they are down early they can take bigger risks in hopes to get up, and then the bettor is forced to take bets form someone who probably sucks at betting and/or break the contract.

If they are up early they can do the same thing, hoping for a big score, and then complain that they didn't get paid enough when they gave instructions that would lead to being up x but the bettor didn't make all the bets.

If paid tipsters want to get paid for making good picks, they should bet.

All Tipsters are scammers??

Most are. If they were good at betting they would be making money betting instead of selling the picks.

I know as someone on the forum we are supposed to think that everything in the financial world outside of bitcoin is some foreign planet, but we can learn from their mistakes. Most of the people in the real world that sell picks are scammers/fraudsters, so most of the people that sell picks in bitcoinland are scammers/fraudsters.

In this scheme they are using your money to bet risk free. It would be filled with scammers and fraudsters.

It's very simple to prove that you are a legitimate "tipster." No one here does it because doing it will quickly show that they are not as good at betting as they believe.

Post all bets somewhere before games start, with proof of a bet hopefully.

Clearly list how much you are betting and when you made the bet.

Clearly keep track of your record, including wins and losses AND how much money you have won or lost, again preferably broken down by sport.

So the stats tipsters provide mean nothing!?!??

I have not seen a tipster provide ALL the relevant stats, so yes, they mean nothing. I don't pay much attention because every time I look it's not even close to being right.

Do you know one that posts all their picks before games start and keeps track of all their picks and how much money they've won or lost?

How many of them that do that pick games that are difficult to pick instead of just picking heavy favorites?

You can check my threads, I have been completely transparent being a tipster, never hidden a single bet and showed all of my results...
Many won, many lost, but I showed all of them, those too all were free...
Not all tipsters are scammers...
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
April 03, 2016, 03:11:37 PM
1 year is pretty long in my opinion. This idea may be applicable for at most a month. Nobody will wait for a year on this.

And paying half of the profits would be best for encouragement of tipsters. I guess www.Jetwin.ps is the right platform for that Wink
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
April 03, 2016, 02:53:12 PM

Most are. If they were good at betting they would be making money betting instead of selling the picks.

I guess, or maybe some of the legit guys here (like CarlosPuyol) don't have bankroll big enough to just profit from their own bets, that's why they're selling their "tips" to others. Can't think of other reason why would they do it. Or maybe they should speak for themselves

For example if the some of the legit guys (75 -90% strike rate) use proper bank roll management

I some times see what i call baby wagers $2.50-$25 from tipsters on this forum

If you're consistently winning and are an expert at a league it is reasonable to do higher stakes... right?

If you are a good tipster why not use close to max stake each wager? 80% chance of being right why not try it.
this is correct if you are really have a good knowledge with the game and 80% of winning chance you should try to bet more so both tipster and bettor will profit more, I like this idea since I always do follow free bets but most of the time I lose because risking with small odds wont benefit me much.
Activity: 854
April 03, 2016, 02:13:52 PM

I guess, or maybe some of the legit guys here (like CarlosPuyol) don't have bankroll big enough to just profit from their own bets, that's why they're selling their "tips" to others. Can't think of other reason why would they do it. Or maybe they should speak for themselves

For example if the some of the legit guys (75 -90% strike rate) use proper bank roll management

I some times see what i call baby wagers $2.50-$25 from tipsters on this forum

If you're consistently winning and are an expert at a league it is reasonable to do higher stakes... right?

If you are a good tipster why not use close to max stake each wager? 80% chance of being right why not try it.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
April 03, 2016, 01:40:25 PM
What do you mean by if you don't have a big enough bankroll you can't profit from your own picks? Do you know who made the big bucks during the Klondike Gold Rush? No it wasn't the gold miners it was the shop owners who sold the shovels to the gold miners  Grin I think this comparison is very true in this thread's context  Wink

Activity: 434
Merit: 105
April 03, 2016, 12:38:41 PM
Even better idea, if theres is a profit then tipster gets 25% of it, if there is no profit and money loss then tipster has to pay 50% of lost money to the person.
I think thats the only fair way if you want people to trust you and try your service.

Good thinking ... but here's the thing what if someone bets a bitcoin everyday over 30 days at end no profit was made

worse case is that 15 BTC is lost and 50% would mean 7.5 BTC and i don't expect a tipster to pay it low chance of that happening...
I edited it to 25%, its still good.
So you could win 25% or draw or lose 25%, true sports betting.  
But as you said in case person lost 15BTC, well you have to pay him 25% cause its your fault.
Its like being a hedge fund manager but with less penalties.  Grin

Both bettor and tipster should profit from the agreement...
Ofc you will profit if you are even decent tipster with over 50% winrate.
And yeah real tips are with odds 2.00 and higher.
April 03, 2016, 12:33:29 PM
Even better idea, if theres is a profit then tipster gets 25% of it, if there is no profit and money loss then tipster has to pay 50% of lost money to the person.
I think thats the only fair way if you want people to trust you and try your service.

Good thinking ... but here's the thing what if someone bets a bitcoin everyday over 30 days at end no profit was made

worse case is that 15 BTC is lost and 50% would mean 7.5 BTC and i don't expect a tipster to pay it low chance of that happening...
But as you said in case person lost 15BTC, well you have to pay him 25% cause its your fault.
Its like being a hedge fund manager but with less penalties.  Grin

Both bettor and tipster should profit from the agreement...
April 03, 2016, 11:55:21 AM

Its like being a hedge fund manager but with less penalties.  Grin
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
April 03, 2016, 11:44:07 AM

Hmm well, such things dont usually happen.
April 03, 2016, 11:38:41 AM

legendary
Activity: 1526
April 03, 2016, 11:27:03 AM
People that can make money by betting on sports make money by betting on sports.

I came up with a few ways to screw over the other person if I was the "tipster" in this situation without even trying.

Stop paying for picks.

i guess in the scenario i'm describing you aren't really paying for picks...its more like a bounty

Example I offer a small reward for anyone who can give positive returns at the end of 2 weeks they will have earned a cut if the condition is met.

As for the trickery you're talking about...i'm not sure any "paid" tipster on this forum would risk their trust or reputation in order to screw a guy over using bogus tips...

Paid tipsters don't have any trust or reputation. They are con men. If they were good at betting they would bet.

All this system does is allow them to bet risk free. If they are down early they can take bigger risks in hopes to get up, and then the bettor is forced to take bets form someone who probably sucks at betting and/or break the contract.

If they are up early they can do the same thing, hoping for a big score, and then complain that they didn't get paid enough when they gave instructions that would lead to being up x but the bettor didn't make all the bets.

I know as someone on the forum we are supposed to think that everything in the financial world outside of bitcoin is some foreign planet, but we can learn from their mistakes. Most of the people in the real world that sell picks are scammers/fraudsters, so most of the people that sell picks in bitcoinland are scammers/fraudsters.

In this scheme they are using your money to bet risk free. It would be filled with scammers and fraudsters.

It's very simple to prove that you are a legitimate "tipster." No one here does it because doing it will quickly show that they are not as good at betting as they believe.

Clearly keep track of your record, including wins and losses AND how much money you have won or lost, again preferably broken down by sport.

I have not seen a tipster provide ALL the relevant stats, so yes, they mean nothing. I don't pay much attention because every time I look it's not even close to being right.

Do you know one that posts all their picks before games start and keeps track of all their picks and how much money they've won or lost?

How many of them that do that pick games that are difficult to pick instead of just picking heavy favorites?
April 03, 2016, 11:14:48 AM

Stop paying for picks.

April 03, 2016, 11:04:55 AM
Even better idea, if theres is a profit then tipster gets 25% of it, if there is no profit and money loss then tipster has to pay 25% of lost money to the person.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
April 03, 2016, 10:59:51 AM
Many Tipsters are here...many claim to have great returns
I have this krazy thought ... say for example some one has a large bankroll and wants a "paid" tipsters best tips only for 1 year. (90% strike rate = best tip) This person wagers a large percentage of their bankroll each tip say between .35 - 1.0 bitcoin each time.

Here's the catch the tipster only gets paid if the client is in profit at the end of the full year.
This can easily be tracked using an excel spreadsheet.

Then the tipster is paid 1/2 of the profits the client has earned.

Would any of the tipsters here be brave enough to prove their worth using this method?
Its krazy iknow....
Would this be profitable for both parties?

This sure would be profitable for the tipster. They don't have to risk anything, and get half the profit of large bets.
I think even if it was 25% was more than enough. I also don't think two weeks is enough, I think 1 year is way to much, so I would go for 1 month.

1 month service period, and 25% (of ROI% with bets of 0.35 to 1 BTC)
If I was a good tipster I would take it.
legendary
April 03, 2016, 10:50:29 AM

Stop paying for picks.

April 03, 2016, 10:10:18 AM

Stop paying for picks.

legendary
April 03, 2016, 09:37:48 AM

Stop paying for picks.

April 03, 2016, 07:50:43 AM

Stop paying for picks.

legendary
April 02, 2016, 03:54:51 PM

Stop paying for picks.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
April 02, 2016, 03:18:44 PM
Why not give tips and if bettors won that same day get 20% cut with the winnings no obligation to ask fair for both tipster and bettors. Just for a taught because 1year and half would be a long way

This seems reasonable but I would think that the tipster would want a LUMP Sum.

Get all the profit All in one go!
If you have good skills in predicting premium games we can start with .008 btc then all of your tips for the same day we will try for example if you have 4 games in mind all of them we will bet .0015 then the remaining we will go with parlay 4 all the total winning from that day will be 20/80 not bad to tipster because he doesn't lose anything but with the skills she/he will gain rewards.
Pages:
Jump to: