Pages:
Author

Topic: TMAN's Level up challenge.-- UPDATED... - page 5. (Read 8675 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 26
DIW Security Decentralized
February 01, 2018, 01:51:31 AM

the requirement is that they must be a native English speaker ..

English is not the world official languages, there is other nationalities and people over there !  And there is many people who can speak English better than many natives English speakers.  So how will you know ?
Activity: 271
Merit: 10
January 31, 2018, 08:44:44 PM
There is a problem with this giveaway. Do you think members who really make those constructive 40 posts will need these 10 points by then. They would have already got it by other members if they post deserving posts. You will get filtered crap as applicants.

Unfortunatly this merit sytem does not work like that  There are a lot of new users who have posted decent threads and there are hero members who post all sorts of crap because they are being paid small amounts of bitcoins for sig campaigns. I origianlly joined this forum back in 2013 (Look Up posts from Cryptocoinshops) that was my old user name before it got banned for lack of activity over a long period.

This forum is really going to shit with so many sig whores trying to make themselves a little bitcoin and it was never like this before. The standard of post have gone down and the replies to posts I sometimes wonder if they are adults or not.  Shame because this used to be a good forum for new people , webmasters, designers, new mining ideas and coders trying to use Bitcoin for what it was meant for but I guess nothing lasts forever.
Activity: 742
Merit: 395
I am alive but in hibernation.
January 31, 2018, 08:27:36 PM
@ TMAN

Is this thread closed now or it will continue for the next week to award merits?
Activity: 129
Merit: 11
Blockchain enthusiast
January 31, 2018, 03:09:04 PM
Took me a while but I was finally able to scroll through post history of users who expressed interest in accepting TMAN's challenge.
Basically cry4crypto was in fact the only sane choice, however merited by OP so someone else would have to be picked.  
Second place and a small merit bump, up to 90% required for level up, goes to:
Alone055 - this users was my choice.
Mostly for rebuking one person for posting in the wrong section. Hope that those merits won't go to waste Mr Alone055 Wink
There's still long way ahead of you. Your initial post few weeks ago where a lot better so...get back in to shape?
Anyway, list of participants so far:

See ya next month!

Thanks for this. I did take the effort to look at the other posts.

Let's leave this here for a few weeks so people can easily point all the moaning fucks to it. Then after a while I will either move this to games or I will lock it and start a new one there.

Hopefully you like my posts as well, poptok1 and TMAN? I hope so. I am doing my best to post high quality topics.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
January 31, 2018, 01:36:52 PM
Took me a while but I was finally able to scroll through post history of users who expressed interest in accepting TMAN's challenge.
Basically cry4crypto was in fact the only sane choice, however merited by OP so someone else would have to be picked.  
Mostly for rebuking one person for posting in the wrong section. Hope that those merits won't go to waste Mr Alone055 Wink
There's still long way ahead of you. Your initial post few weeks ago where a lot better so...get back in to shape?

See ya next month!

Thanks for this. I did take the effort to look at the other posts.

Let's leave this here for a few weeks so people can easily point all the moaning fucks to it. Then after a while I will either move this to games or I will lock it and start a new one there.

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
January 31, 2018, 10:30:02 AM

The problem is "How long will the early positive effects of merit system last?"

That is dependent on the changes that we have been promised. It will be interesting to see what improvements are introduced.
Activity: 97
Merit: 12
January 31, 2018, 10:22:11 AM
~
After almost one week when merit system launched, we can not refuse the fact that this system has made our forum better. I am sure that no one can fight against the fact. There are lots of spammers stopped spamming due to their lack of knowledge, lack of English writing skill (their English broken), lack of efforts (so ridiculous, those ones have never put so much efforts in the forum), etc. More and more constructive posts occured day by day (I dont want to judge those ones are high-qualitied or not, that depends).

Nevertheless, there are two-sided effects of the system, as lots of topics, threads, users have discussed throughout the forum recently. I simply accept the new challenge.

The problem is "How long will the early positive effects of merit system last?"
Activity: 129
Merit: 11
Blockchain enthusiast
January 31, 2018, 08:24:05 AM
Right I am so fed up with all this stupid moaning..

this is the new structure..

Rank   Required activity   Required merit
Brand new   0   0
Newbie   1   0
Jr Member   30   0
Member   60   10

so I will offer to level up a brand new, Newbie account or Jr Member to Member... only 1 person will win this challenge, the requirement is that they must be a native English speaker and make 40 constructive and relevant posts..

so - newbies.. post in this thread, then make the necessary number of posts and re post in this thread. i will check back in a week and chose my winner, if I am not satisfied with the quality of the posts then no winner will be chosen and I will roll it over for another week until a winner is chosen..

so people, stop bitching and contribute..

hopefully this will encourage some of the newer members to stop moaning and start getting with the program

EDIT..

As people have been raining merits on me like money mayweather in a strip club.. this thread will stay alive for a while.. i will check in on the regular, but I can see this being a permanent thread if people keep on raining them down on me I will have to keep on paying it forward.. for all the naysayers this thread will be proof that the system works..

cheers

T

Thanks for doing this! I think this topics I have created deserves merit. I hope you agree with me, and every merit I get is much appreciated.

The Beginners guide to Blockchain & Cryptocurrency:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29170807

What are ICO's, and investment advices:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29257666

Why you should avoid Pump & Dump groups! Don't be fooled:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-you-should-avoid-pump-dump-groups-dont-be-fooled-2857818

Monetize ICO a scam?:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29229925

Interview with Richard Silver, the COO of Titanium:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29131264

John MacAfee - A scam artist?:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29231963

Interview with Vakhtang Abuladze, the CEO of Bazista:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29131578
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
January 31, 2018, 12:48:48 AM
It will spread. I bet 75% of the forum still don't know what merits are yet

75% of the current forum probably believes merits are a gift from their god.  :/

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1157
January 31, 2018, 12:44:26 AM
There were a lot of frustrated newbies who felt left behind in comparison to spammers having multiple leveled up accounts, just because they were here before the sMerits epoch started.The pain vis-a-vis the spammers is definitely real and this is some much needed relief.

As the thread becomes popular, some of the other members will also be doling out merits to worthy posters who show up here. This should probably be stickied so that everyone who comes to Meta to complain about sMerits can take a look. The topic headline could be something catchier like "NOT GETTING ANY MERITS? COME TAKE THE CHALLENGE!"
Activity: 1035
Merit: 200
January 30, 2018, 03:04:17 PM

See ya next month!

That was sweet!  Cheesy Thanks man. And of course, I'm always trying to be better when it comes on contributing to discussions. Hopefully I can keep it up and keep getting attention from my Seniors like you.  Cheesy
Activity: 882
Merit: 976
January 30, 2018, 02:53:57 PM
I love this idea, as it is molding and shaping healthy conversation in these forums by offering an incentive for quality posts. As someone who is against shitposters, I would like to sponsor a second-place prize, if you will. I will donate 20 merits to disperse amongwhoever you select as the runners up to this challenge, after the winner is declared. Thanks for doing this, TMAN, and I’m grateful in advance for the better-quality posts that will come out of this.

I’m hoping to see more high-sMerit members hosting or supporting a challenge like this in the future!
Activity: 1638
Merit: 756
Bobby Fischer was right
January 30, 2018, 02:23:27 PM
:____challengers____:
r1s2g3
Yokonaumiyaki000
Farvin2
D3Dsec
UKARY22
lok8nusa
JinCrypts
Alone055 🆙 😌 🆒
Heisenberg_Hunter 🆗 (watching)
:____new challengers____:
mikeey89

See ya next month!

Activity: 140
Merit: 35
January 30, 2018, 01:43:08 PM
some of the subs are just cesspools
+1 on this, it feels like most of the currently active users are either shitposters, spammers (both these tend to moan the loudest about the recent merit introduction) or should have never left their local boards in the first place.

I hope making 40 consecutive posts that bring any value to the forum will make the prize of the challenge redundant to any participants. Either way - good luck everyone!

Right.. I know it is a little early, but I have gone through the posters in this thread and you are the man... you are trying, it comes across in your posts bud.. so you get the 1st level up.. its a cheap one for me as it is only 4 merits. This shows that others are recognizing quality posts which is fucking awesome..

if it keeps on like this and people keep on meriting me then I may be able to bring the next level up even sooner!!

well done Cry4Crypto - in future I hope I can assist in leveling you up to 100 merits

Cheers mate, much appreciated! I've been lurking for a long time before I decided to open an account, now I'm here to stay! I'm genuinely interested in simply exchanging views with others and helping others out whenever I can, while having a little fun of course. I'm happy to have come around before the whole merit drama started, would have been a real shame to miss this milestone that turned out to be so traumatic to many!  Grin
Activity: 170
Earn with impressio.io
January 30, 2018, 01:28:50 PM
+1 on this, it feels like most of the currently active users are either shitposters, spammers (both these tend to moan the loudest about the recent merit introduction) or should have never left their local boards in the first place.

I hope making 40 consecutive posts that bring any value to the forum will make the prize of the challenge redundant to any participants. Either way - good luck everyone!

Right.. I know it is a little early, but I have gone through the posters in this thread and you are the man... you are trying, it comes across in your posts bud.. so you get the 1st level up.. its a cheap one for me as it is only 4 merits. This shows that others are recognizing quality posts which is fucking awesome..

if it keeps on like this and people keep on meriting me then I may be able to bring the next level up even sooner!!

well done Cry4Crypto - in future I hope I can assist in leveling you up to 100 merits

Well deserve merit for cry4crypto, now im dedicated to improve my post maybe next time ill be the lucky winner for TMAN, Anyway keep doing this TMAN and good things will come back for you for helping others. Cheers
legendary
January 29, 2018, 11:49:25 AM

legendary
January 29, 2018, 05:27:29 AM
The idea is good. I would love to take the challenge, but can we reduce the posts required? I mean 40 posts a week is quite a challenge itself, and that might generate some spam from users trying to be up for the challenge and not being able to make them constructive. You will probably reject them but the forum cannot reject the posts made by them. So I think it would be a better idea to reduce the posts requirement for your challenge. If you do that, I'm taking the challenge, but If not, then I let others to take the chance.

I put 40 posts so people are trying to make a large quantity of posts (as in signature campaigns) with the restriction of the posts being more than shitposts... so if people cannot do that then they should not be in a signature campaign so have no real need to level up.

I know it may sound slightly harsh to some, but if people just want to be part of a community and learn from this place then they can.. but they wont be getting merits and level up help from me.
Activity: 1035
Merit: 200
January 29, 2018, 05:16:54 AM
The idea is good. I would love to take the challenge, but can we reduce the posts required? I mean 40 posts a week is quite a challenge itself, and that might generate some spam from users trying to be up for the challenge and not being able to make them constructive. You will probably reject them but the forum cannot reject the posts made by them. So I think it would be a better idea to reduce the posts requirement for your challenge. If you do that, I'm taking the challenge, but If not, then I let others to take the chance.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
January 29, 2018, 02:42:39 AM
It will spread. I bet 75% of the forum still don't know what merits are yet
That's the point, TMAN.
I have also written a thread which propose some minor adjustment for merit system. Please check this one if you have free time.

Of course, the merit system is unfair with its original rules. There are lots of low-qualitied Members, Full Members, Senior Member, Heroes, and Legendaries whom simply ranked at their current levels by old system of the forum. We can judge them about anything in the past anymore. All of them passed the ranking system before merit system launched. Ok? We have to accept the fact that now they are high-class in the forum.

As a result of that, I think Junior members should be allowed to join campaigns, including signature, bounty, airdrop, in the forum. They deserved and should have a right for those ones.
First of all, cheating is one of basic instinct of human nature. That's not strange at all. The problem is how to correct original rules of merit system in order to get rid of and at least control those cheating behaviour better.

I have missed 4 more activities to be a Member next week, as a result of merit system, my progress will be delayed for a while, might be long time. Of course, I feel very dissapointed, I cannot ignore my true feelings.

However, let's take a look at possitive effects of merit system, which help me to write better, higher-qualitied posts. Those sort of posts which I have not ever written before, it's good, right?

I am very optimistic about the significant impacts of merit system.

Thanks admin Theymos for the great one!

Not bad. I think the merit system should adjust and do the following two things:
1. Limiting the maximum merits which each post can receive from one user.
2. Limiting the maximum merits which each user can send to another per day.

Those two will help us to control spammers, cheaters a little bit better. They can buy/ sell/ exchange hundreds of merits daily to only one user.
In addition, I think the system should be adjusted to give users, paricularly lower-rank users, such as Junior Members like me, a period-gifted merits. The number of automatically allocated merits should be discussed more. For example, 1 merit per month. It's not much, but it will give new users motivation to join the forum. For newbies, new users, I guess it is a little bit hard for them to write such as meaningful, constructive, high-qualitied posts, right?

They should have another chance. It's simply my opinion.

The limitations on maximum merits donated per user per day sound good, and should be taken into consideration too.
Activity: 170
Earn with impressio.io
January 27, 2018, 03:26:55 PM
I'm joining to your challenge, hopefully will get the chance to win lol. But still im gonna keep posting constructive post in this forum

good step indeed . hope you are also a smerit source who keen to help new members to rank up with quality posts .

edit - I am not applying for rank up as i am already a member .  Cheesy

I am not a source fella. If I was it would be raining merits more than it is.. I gave out my initial sMertis and most of the sMerits I received from others.

I'm doing this as I want the forum to be a better place. Go back 4 years and it was a cool place to be, not so much any more so if I can chuck all the merits about that I get then I feel I am doing my bit to help others

This is the real essence of sMerit because when you received a merit you'll be given a chance to give out to. Keep up what you're doing sir we all want a better and cleaner forum in the future. Kudos sir TMAN
Pages:
Jump to: