Pages:
Author

Topic: To Greed or to play it safe. - page 3. (Read 1491 times)

Activity: 228
Merit: 10
November 04, 2017, 07:20:02 AM
Yes, my friend. There's a fork this month. That would be a good investment opportunity. I think it will be the same as the previous ones, and we can just hold bitcoin. For your concerns, I would say you can also stay in the personal account of the exchange, which will automatically assign the fork to you.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
November 04, 2017, 05:18:57 AM
If you ask me always is better and smarter to play safely and at all costs avoid the risk or reduce it to the maximum extent possible.There is nothing safer than to have complete control over your private keys,I personally do not believe in any online service so neither to Coinbase.I would still keep my BTC in Electrum and wait that hard fork is finished and for official wallet for new coin.In that case there is some work to be done in order to claim new coin,so I understand that keeping coins on online wallet may be a much easier way.The risk is sometimes worthwhile,yet it is the decision of each individual.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
November 04, 2017, 04:39:45 AM
Better is to play safe, but sometimes being greedy can be better then playing safe.
This is endless cycle and from time to time better is to test or to change or use both depending from situation or need.

Greed and safe play are working together use them from need to need.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
November 03, 2017, 01:56:04 AM
Well with the best of my knowledge about coinbase, They are an international exchanger and I know may people who have been using them. They have been active. But that does not means they are 100% trusted. I will not advise you to go back with all you have.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
November 03, 2017, 01:31:36 AM
Anyone who thinks this fork is going to be like anything we have seen before. Then you are highly misled. This fork is likely going to be the messiest fork to date. Just from that perspective, don't go all in as there is a high chance of one side being completely obliterated. In that case what do you do, you might even even lose value on the one coin. If  we successfully get two chains, I suspect a lot of people won't like the outcome. But hey, its your money in the end.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
November 02, 2017, 10:37:41 PM
if you choose to be greed theres a lot of risky to being greedy than to being play safe..... yes in greedy you can profit in huge amount but in few moment you can loss your fund unless in play safe you can profit in small amount but this is sure to take income..
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
November 02, 2017, 10:29:18 PM
I prefer to play it safe, there will be a way to get those fork coins later, if you got a big amount of bitcoin it is better to play it safe, dont because of the little sum of money and greed, you lose all of your money and we still dont know how worthy is the bitcoin2x will be, I don't think it's worth the sacrifice
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
November 02, 2017, 10:13:10 PM
As we all know come 16th November there are two coins, one we know as Bitcoins, other Bitcoin2x, initially I was using a coinbase.com wallet, but before Bitcoin cash fork I moved it to electrum wallet. Now my question is with this fork all but going to happen, coinbase.com has said it will credit equal Bitcoin2x and in electrum It automatically doesn't happen. In coinbase.com if I take a chance I don't have private keys and that's scary but the greed is there to. What should I do be greedy and go back to coinbase.com and post btc2x shift back to electrum. Or any way I can stay in electrum and do it. Need your advise and suggestions, something that can be easily be done and not at risk to my coins.

For those who have their coin on exchange site and those of us who have ours on offline wallets or even those on web wallets will still have access to the btc2x at one point or the other but the concern is on the basis of timing. While those on coinbase will get theirs immediately but there is a risk attached which can be coming up with a policy without any prior notification in which freedom to use might be limited (learning from the actions of Bittrex).

For that, I won't mind getting mine later taking safety above greediness. Personal opinion though.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
November 02, 2017, 02:30:28 PM
As we all know come 16th November there are two coins, one we know as Bitcoins, other Bitcoin2x, initially I was using a coinbase.com wallet, but before Bitcoin cash fork I moved it to electrum wallet. Now my question is with this fork all but going to happen, coinbase.com has said it will credit equal Bitcoin2x and in electrum It automatically doesn't happen. In coinbase.com if I take a chance I don't have private keys and that's scary but the greed is there to. What should I do be greedy and go back to coinbase.com and post btc2x shift back to electrum. Or any way I can stay in electrum and do it. Need your advise and suggestions, something that can be easily be done and not at risk to my coins.

It's not greed, it's greed and pressure to have the money right here right now. You just want to spend it, right? Buy yourself something to brighten up the mood.

Take it slow. You will get the forked coins anyway, the only difference is that you will probably have to wait a couple weeks before they allow for deposits. It's like with bitcoin gold. It will get credited on most exchanges and the deposits will be open allowing you to sell, just wait in line. I think it's much safer to wait and fight your greed.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
November 02, 2017, 02:18:15 PM
Just think it in other ways like in another point of view. If you didn't keep your money in coinbase wallet (as we know they are a pretty big company and old) And they did pay Bitcoin2x then you will be sad, so keep some amount of your coin in there and keep the most amount of your coin in the Electrum wallet so you will be safe and you can take the required risk.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
November 02, 2017, 02:04:20 PM
Not that my opinion matters but what it think is just bet the money that you can afford to lose. This is a risk you will be taking the higher the risk the higher the return but if you wanted to play it safe with a little profit i suggest you do a ratio of 60:40, 60% will be taken to coinbase, the other stays with you. So with the amount of bitcoin that you have i am betting that you acquired that back when the price is still low so by now you already gained a huge amount of profit. Now by taking the other 60% to coinbase you risk that hoping for a bigger profit and if worse comes to worse you still have something on your hand. Not a total zero.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
November 02, 2017, 01:47:25 PM
It is never been safe to have your own private keys though and yet I think Coinbase is safe as long as it is say it is safe and remain its status that never been hack exchange then it is fine but if you are holding a huge amount of Bitcoin in your holdings it is much more better to have it to your electrum because at any means necessary you have the full control of your Bitcoin and you can't blame anyone at the end.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
November 02, 2017, 01:41:06 PM
First.. change the title
Greed is a noun not a verb, normally you would say "to be greedy or"

Now back to the coinbase dilemma
With all their faults I think coinbase it's probably the safest choice when coming to exchanges.
If this goes down we all are going to be hit so it takes a few of the "risks" off.

But I would still go with electrum, then moving the coins to the dedicated wallet..

Activity: 868
Merit: 151
November 02, 2017, 01:02:27 PM
I'm always a fan of playing it and not risking much but normally that isn't a big payer like risking it.

It will depend upon the risk appetite the person has. If the btc is not much and would like to take a risk then they can go with coin base and get the new coins as well. But if people feel risky and do not want to take risk of giving the private keys than better be safe and let that be in your bitcoin wallet only.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
November 02, 2017, 12:55:42 PM
for myself, i don't want to use coinbase and i think its better to use exchanges to keep our btc and if that exchanges support the segwit2x, then we should get free coins. i think it will be happen over and over when bitcoin need to hard fork in future so if we don't have any balance bitcoin in the exchanges then we can not get free coins. i think its not good if we are trying with hard by make arbitrage from one wallet to another wallet.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
November 02, 2017, 05:43:34 AM
It depends on the person if he/she wants to risk it or keep it. but for me i will risk the half , because it can double or even triple your bitcoin when you try to risk it or have it as your loss but you do have your half whenever it fails unlike keeping it you are just waiting the value to get high or worst case scenario it will get low over time. Risking it will give you options for it.
Activity: 80
Merit: 20
November 02, 2017, 04:20:39 AM
I'm always a fan of playing it and not risking much but normally that isn't a big payer like risking it.
Activity: 518
Merit: 271
November 02, 2017, 04:09:37 AM

well i think it is better to play safe than sorry because btc2x has no replay protection so, making your money at risk i suggest that you should move your bitcoins in your electrum wallet to make sure your bitcoins are safe in event of hard fork and vulnerabilities or you can use coinbase if you want to claim your btc2x since coinbase is a reputable exchange and i don't think that they runaway like some small exchanges so, your coins will be safe in coinbase. anyway either of those two will provide you security only you will decide which is better.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
November 02, 2017, 02:05:57 AM
Greed is always good. Isn't that some parable?   Grin
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
November 02, 2017, 01:49:31 AM

I think you can go either way, coinbase is a popular exchange and so the risk is not that high even if you transfer your coins there. But yes, it is risky to have all of your assets on an exchange, if you are concern about it, then sure keep them in your wallet and there may come a way to extract bitcoin2x from the wallet too, it will be manual but still, doable.
Pages:
Jump to: