Pages:
Author

Topic: To invest in an ICO, Reviewing of the team behind is necessary? - page 4. (Read 896 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 11
Most ICO's tend to hide their members behind the project. Is not it necessary to know about the team also who are building an ICO project, including other factors of it?

Yes it is necessary to research thoroughly the white paper and the team behind the project , I have seen a project team with picture , it quiet impressive and it shows the legitimacy of the projet  , and I think it can attract investors .
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
UniDApp - it's DeFi time!
I think there are very few ICOs who do not include the team in it, because a good team is one of the investors who pulls in the ICO, of course because there are so many ICO scams that have sprung up lately, even many ICOs failed because of lack of investors
In fact, downtrend makes people no longer interested in ICO projects and the good development team is going to feel helpless with this. I believe that if you want the project to succeed, then we must have absolute trust in this market and always make the most accurate decisions before investing in any ICO project.
Activity: 228
Merit: 1
 I think there are very few ICOs who do not include the team in it, because a good team is one of the investors who pulls in the ICO, of course because there are so many ICO scams that have sprung up lately, even many ICOs failed because of lack of investors
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Better to know the team in real life Grin
It is necessary, sure!
Most of the scum ICOs put a fake team on their websites, so this is the best marker.
Activity: 96
Merit: 13
The currency itself is anonymous and decentralised, so their members being behind the curtain would be legit too. But it's not that difficult, if someone needs to find any, they have the scope under some procedures.

It was in 2016 - 2017 when no one needs the details about the developers but as today you can see lot of scams happening so ICO needs to disclose all details about them if they are genuinely developing the real projects.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
The currency itself is anonymous and decentralised, so their members being behind the curtain would be legit too. But it's not that difficult, if someone needs to find any, they have the scope under some procedures.
Activity: 238
Merit: 7
Yes reviewing the background of the team is an essential part to be investigated before you tend to invest in any ICO project, as the project is dependent on the team that how much effort they put to make the project successful. And also your funds would be in hand of the team, so make sure the team is legit and won't going to scam or have any sort of intentions to just raise funds and not working on the project, in that case, the token won't be having any value in future & hence your investment will be wasted.
Activity: 244
A strong team behind the ICO gives you probability to conclude projects future, If the ICO not showing the team behind their project then its become very riskier to invest in this kind of projects. Its better to not support projects with Anonymous Teams as there are chances of losses always on the head of investor take example of recent ICO IONCHAIN, The concept of the project was looking promising & a lot investors invested. Later what happened they launched their token on Idex exchange in middle of their Main ICO & were selling their unsold token which they were suppose to burn. Idex exchange team identified their shady activities & immediately DE-listed them but the damage has already happened to investors who invested in the ICOs & as well as to those investors who purchased tokens from the exchange. In this scenario both types of investors can't do anything as the team is anonymous.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 521
7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant
Most ICO's tend to hide their members behind the project. Is not it necessary to know about the team also who are building an ICO project, including other factors of it?
Of course, it's very necessary to know the background of the team. Because today, projects that don't want to show their team, will intend to do a scam. That's why if the ICO project wants to succeed then they must be more transparent to investors. If they have many reasons not to reveal who their team is, be aware of fraud.
Some ICO web listings at this time also have a KYC system to verify ICO projects registered on their web to reduce fraud risks to investors and their loyal subscribers.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256

It's not about necessary or not.
But, it's a must. The team is the core of the project besides the idea.
With professional and experienced team, the porject will be really implemented in the future
Activity: 1002
Merit: 250
It is not necessary because if some one succeeded in a project, it is not mean they can get another successful project. You only need trust yourself and your review, do not spend your money under the reviewing of others.
Activity: 364
For me the validity of the team is essentially necessary for the future of a project. Cause if we don't know who are behind the project, that can be difficult to build trust between people/investors and the company they put an investment.

Yes I agree with you apart from that we need put effort on our own like researching about the project. Also you can share the information on this forum about the project. If investors lose trust then definitely it will be considered only as a scam project.
Activity: 266
Knowing ICO, team is a very important aspect in each project because if the team don't have previous experience into managing large financial projects, most likely they can't manage certain ICO project well and it will fail.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
The project team is a factor in evaluating an ICO. You need to read the whitepaper and look at the products development. These are the core parts of an ICO success.
Activity: 448
In my views, a legitimate ICO should be transparent and open to the people wherein team members of the ICO project should be established on their website. Starting with the whitepaper to have a clear information about the project platform and its purpose as well. Bounty managers also pays an important role as part of your consideration in joining an ICO investment and check if it has no red trust rating with a very good reputation. You should probably be suspicious if an ICO does not disclosed the team members in which will give you an idea that there is something wrong with that particular ICO.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
First Islamic Crypto Exchange
many projects are public and show their team there, only a small part hides, probably they are fraudsters
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
I think it is absolutely necessary, because very often, under the pretext of not passing KYC, there are scam projects that collect money and are washed away, undermining the credibility of cryptocurrency!
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
It is the main feature of analysis. Team will make a product, so good ,experienced team will make on demand product with all necessary features and will take place on a market
Activity: 392
I agree! Considering the ICO team is a necessity. I will learn about the team's experience, ability and attitude. This is one of the very important factors for choosing a potential ICO.
Activity: 415
ICO I participated in did not see the hidden team. I don't understand what they mean by doing this. But I will never participate in such an ICO. If they can't clearly disclose all the information, why should we invest in them? Will you spend money on something that you feel is unreliable?
Pages:
Jump to: