Pages:
Author

Topic: To save bitcoin - stop buying bitcoin cash - page 10. (Read 25562 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 100
December 10, 2018, 03:35:17 AM
This dump was triggered by the battle of the hashes. If we remove bch and bsv from having any value it would discourage more pointless bitcoin dilution, and prevent further hash wars.

Failure to act will cause more similar situations in the future

I hate Bitcoin Cash and its founder. I think it is useless like all other fork coins. It is the idea of earning money from Bitcoin population. But I think they will be destroyed soon!
Activity: 2492
Merit: 542
December 10, 2018, 03:25:07 AM
I think BITCOIN cash/sv is just created just for greed and power of some powerful names in bitcoin space they want to control bitcoin network and forking and creating shit like sv/abc whatsoever I cant see any future or real adoption that might happen within this altcoins and I only trust the original bitcoin and nothing more whenever I receive altcoins from forks like this I immediately dump it and exchange into bitcoin. 
Activity: 1092
Merit: 500
December 10, 2018, 01:54:27 AM
I dumped my BCH back on Bitmain in return for a couple of S9 Antminers.
Hindsight it might have been smarter to just buy some more BTC.
But hey the Antminers are making some BTC, so the ROI is already 100%.. Grin

Seems like these forking attacks are just making the Bitcoin network stronger and even more resilient than before.
So what forking forker Roger Ver and Bitmain have done is actually good for the long term global network standing. Albeit kinda scary for us newbies here.

Dumping your BCH was your choice and whatever reason is that, you just did it because you know to your it was the right thing to do. But I think  it is more likely good to have an Ant-miners that will produce Bitcoin for use where the ROI is surely will give back to you. And in terms of buying  other altcoins for the future savings it is really much good and better to save your own bitcoin and store it to your wallet then hold or be a bullish.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
December 09, 2018, 10:48:43 PM
Bitcoin cash is one of the altcoins and later will also have the same value as the others. Bitcoin remains the parent so don't worry about the small shocks of bitcoin cash, all of this will pass and bitcoin will return to its peak.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
December 09, 2018, 09:19:52 PM
is this true? i think bitcoin cash is not affecting bitcoin pricea nd popularity, we all know that Bitcoin cash is 'child' of the bitcoin, i think bitcoin and bitcoin cash is help each other
Activity: 420
Merit: 24
December 09, 2018, 08:47:10 PM
We can clearly see that this is another way of market manipulation by the people who has lot of control of the hashes. Whales, mining farms, huge investors are into this business for them to profit and earn more money. They don't care whether it's bitcoin or an altcoin as long as pure profit is achieved, that's business.

If bitcoin will truly go down the drain then we can't do anything about it. We just have to go with the flow where the river may take us. We can't stop those big whales and investors, we just have to understand the game and be able to adapt immediately to change for us not to be left behind.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
December 09, 2018, 07:57:30 PM
Stop buying altcoins would be a better way, not just bch, all altcoins are actually dilutions of bitcoin.
If we can't stop buying altcoins, then the same can't stop people from buying bch.
In this market, more people are pursuing short-term money, not real value.

One of Bitcoin's utility factors is functioning as reserve currency in the crypto industry. It's pretty safe to say that around or at least one million BTC is being used to trade altcoins with globally. In other words, a large number of BTC is being kept out of direct circulation. What do you think will happen with these coins when everyone stops trading altcoins?

Bitcoin will always do well, some times the market has gone way ahead of itself, and last year was the perfect example of that. What people have a problem with is how the price has gone down a lot in such a short period of time. I'm certain that if the decrease to where we are right now was more of a slower downward spiral, it would hurt way less.
Activity: 742
Merit: 505
December 09, 2018, 09:16:13 AM
Maybe your thread should be "stop and sell all your BCH ABC and SV right now". This all because of shit BCH coin, before it hardfork, bitcoin still stable around $6.5k.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
December 09, 2018, 09:11:31 AM
most likely, a lot are not aware of the effect so they continue to buy bitcoin cash.   i honestly believe that very few really understand how cryptocurrency works.  i am not an expert either.
Activity: 308
Merit: 15
December 09, 2018, 08:55:44 AM
No, this is just a reaction and soon cryptocurrency will going to recover soon. if not then clearly cryptocurrency has no direction and it will going to end soon also. Only people who brought up cryptocurrency could help the system to be more accepted by the people around the world.
copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
December 09, 2018, 08:51:51 AM
I don't think this should be taking personal , be it hash war or not btc suppose to see the down and even more to come , I just find all these fud as an excuse to manipulate the market and nothing more , so SV or ABC will go their way and btc also has it own role to play as no one disturb each other , just little problem of sharing the hash cause some war and the better the two now that the dip btc go the more less chance for them to grow too.
Activity: 239
Merit: 101
December 09, 2018, 08:37:41 AM
I think that btc will be saved as the demand is going to increase in the nearest future. I prefer buying and keeping it
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
December 09, 2018, 08:44:14 AM
This dump was triggered by the battle of the hashes. If we remove bch and bsv from having any value it would discourage more pointless bitcoin dilution, and prevent further hash wars.

If there is a coin that would surpass Bitcoin then why should we try to not to? There would always be some other ways to collaborate with those two and in fact they are both digital.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
December 09, 2018, 05:31:05 AM

The Dump is being driven by the CHINESE BITCOIN MINERS SHORT SELLING their own coins, because their mining is unprofitable,
and they need the fiat to keep the lights on.

BSV & BCH really have nothing to do with it.

Cool

1.I thought that cryptocurrency mining is banned in China.
2.OP,there's no way to remove bch or bsv from the market.We can't just forbid the people to buy shitcoins.
3.I think that the bitcoin cash drama isn't the main reason for the BTC price dump.

the FUDsters have lied so much that it is hard for them to keep track of all the lies they have told so that they don't contradict with themselves. one day they say China has banned bitcoin and miners have sold and are burning their ASICs on the streets. the next day they say China controls 90% of the hashrate and owns 90% of the bitcoin.

as for BCH it is pretty on paper that if you stop buying bcash it stops affecting bitcoin but in reality you are talking about the market. when they pump bcash you can not stop traders from going in wanting to make profit.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
December 09, 2018, 05:22:30 AM
Nothing can stop Bch and SV, both of these coins have been circulating in the market and the market has received it, maybe the time is giving an answer. Indeed, when bitcoin is down and needs time to recover, be patient, everything will go according to the process and promote bitcoin again it's worth doing.
hv_
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
December 09, 2018, 05:13:38 AM
hash wars don't happen because of people paying attention to shitcoins like these two. hashwars happen when they pull the hashrate they own from bitcoin and put it elsewhere. and also it intensifies when they pump that shitcoin so that it creates incentive for miners to switch.
you can't prevent them from pumping their altcoin, the whole altcoin market survives on pump and dumps anyways. it just happens that pump of bitcoin forks have additional damages.

The hashwar happend because there is now a strong player disrupting Bitmain. Why is that bad?

The idea of SV is to keep the Bitcoin protocol on purpose and clean, open to onchain scaling as much as economics and tech is able to allow. Why is that bad?

Only a minimalistic protocol (like smtp, or TCP IP) is really able to bootstrapping world wide and removes all sorts of middle men including protocol devs.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 379
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
December 09, 2018, 05:09:43 AM
The market and everything crypto is really a confusing stuff. There are too many fronts to fight - Government, Whales, and now infighting. It is commonly said that a house divided against itself will not stand. It is looking more like the killer punch of this crypto war is rather within than from outside.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
December 09, 2018, 04:35:26 AM
I couldn't agree more with the post above. The statement in OP is more valid when it comes to the other altcoins then about BCH and BSV.

If everyone sells the altcoins they got, and I'm referring to the ones that literally has no use (and believe me, there are many), the forked coins will have no impact on the market anymore.
Activity: 61
Merit: 11
December 09, 2018, 03:57:57 AM
Stop buying altcoins would be a better way, not just bch, all altcoins are actually dilutions of bitcoin.
If we can't stop buying altcoins, then the same can't stop people from buying bch.
In this market, more people are pursuing short-term money, not real value.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
December 09, 2018, 03:42:55 AM
There are many factors affecting bitcoin price, not just the hash war. Even if you could restrict BCH and BSV trade, there is no guarantee that BTC price will rise significantly. Thus, your argument is false.

Furthermore, in a free market, people are free to buy and trade whatever coins they deem worthy. Don't worry too much about this bear market. Just do dollar cost averaging, plus go for the long position, and you will be fine.
Pages:
Jump to: