Pages:
Author

Topic: TODAY'S CHRISTIANITY IN THE WORLD - page 2. (Read 359 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
February 07, 2019, 10:32:00 AM
So, you have studied the Bible, especially the New Testament, and done a detailed comparison between Christians and their activities, and the Bible, right?

So, what is it that makes a person a Christian?

Cool

Today's 'Christianity' is an abominable hybrid of paganism which breeds on the emotions of people. Do you disagree?

In law silence is generally considered as agreement.

So i take it that you agree ^^

How can I agree when you haven't defined a Christian? Bible Christianity is different than secular Christianity. You can't lump people together by one word.

Biblically speaking, paganism isn't Christianity. A pagan can be called a Christian all the way to Hell, but that doesn't make him a Christian.

Cool

I thought i did define what it means to be Christian.

I said "To be a Christian is to put Jesus and His teachings above ALL things. Especially above the traditions of man and of this world."

Not sure what 'secular Christianity' is. But there is only one type of Christianity. And that is to believe and do what Jesus said and taught.
Anything else is paganism disguised as Christianity.

And i agree, paganism isn't Christianity. And thats exactly why the majority of todays Christianity isn't Christianity at all seeing as 95% of all Christians celebrate the pagan festivals of Xmas and Easter and 99% celebrate birthdays. Just because people dont want to research the origins, in fear of losing their annual emotional fix in the process, doesnt make the practise non-pagan all of a sudden. That is hypocrisy at its finest.

and Christianity myth is based on other (pagan) myths (Osiris, Mitra etc.).  So what is your point?

All religious myths are 'pagan'.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 105
February 06, 2019, 11:32:03 PM
it is very difficult to separate the ego from what is actually taught in Christianity about love. we must distinguish that love will not distinguish between a tribe and one's prosperity. Christianity does not teach it but pastors are also humans where they need to fulfill their daily needs. but not all can be equated. There are still many who teach with love by not distinguishing what we have and our tribes. I think there are still many pastors who do things about gentle love.
Activity: 479
Merit: 253
February 06, 2019, 10:02:03 PM
So, you have studied the Bible, especially the New Testament, and done a detailed comparison between Christians and their activities, and the Bible, right?

Cool

Today's 'Christianity' is an abominable hybrid of paganism which breeds on the emotions of people. Do you disagree?

How can I agree when you haven't defined a Christian? Bible Christianity is different than secular Christianity. You can't lump people together by one word.

Biblically speaking, paganism isn't Christianity. A pagan can be called a Christian all the way to Hell, but that doesn't make him a Christian.

Cool

I thought i did define what it means to be Christian.

I said "To be a Christian is to put Jesus and His teachings above ALL things. Especially above the traditions of man and of this world."

Not sure what 'secular Christianity' is. But there is only one type of Christianity. And that is to believe and do what Jesus said and taught.
Anything else is paganism disguised as Christianity.

And i agree, paganism isn't Christianity. And thats exactly why the majority of todays Christianity isn't Christianity at all seeing as 95% of all Christians celebrate the pagan festivals of Xmas and Easter and 99% celebrate birthdays. Just because people dont want to research the origins, in fear of losing their annual emotional fix in the process, doesnt make the practise non-pagan all of a sudden. That is hypocrisy at its finest.

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
February 06, 2019, 07:44:16 PM

Cool

Cool
February 06, 2019, 07:14:28 PM

Cool

Activity: 392
Merit: 113
February 06, 2019, 06:25:46 PM
It is the end time now. what can we expect? Everything that is happening right now is written in the bible that is going to take place. Lucifer is disguising himself in sheep's clothing and deceiving many but those that are guided by the Holy Spirit will not be deceived. A tree is recognized by its fruit so you will recognize true religion based in the actions they are showing. they are false Christians.
legendary
February 06, 2019, 06:59:31 AM
Wink religion is the most legit business in the world.imagine you are gaining without money capital but just bible?imagine how huge you can earn without paying any single cents in the government?this is how stupid people nowadays,believing in a short word that this demonic human says..religion will only leads you to hell if you dont make a perfect research for whos saying the truth

My humble recommendation: Listen to an half-hour to an hour of Bible-tapes/Bible-CDs daily, where someone is actually reading the Bible out loud.

Listen to the Old Testament straight through once, then the New Testament straight through 4 times, then back to the O.T., then the N.T. again, etc. Never stop. Every day.

This in addition to whatever church or other Bible studies you do.

Cool
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
February 06, 2019, 02:49:51 AM
 Wink religion is the most legit business in the world.imagine you are gaining without money capital but just bible?imagine how huge you can earn without paying any single cents in the government?this is how stupid people nowadays,believing in a short word that this demonic human says..religion will only leads you to hell if you dont make a perfect research for whos saying the truth
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
February 06, 2019, 01:46:27 AM
Churches should be the hospital of the sinners not only just for certain people that has thick pockets. Sad truth for these churches, they give introduction for those people who gives the highest "offering".

They'll let the other members know on how much you're giving to him and it's like the privilege that they'll give to you. The treatment will be different from those normal church goers that doesn't give any benefit to them.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
February 06, 2019, 12:57:01 AM
Religion and politics should never interfere with each other, there should always be a separation of church and state
Islam may change and become a tolerant, multi-cultural religion accepting those of different faiths as well as atheists and apostates. (But I don't see it in the near future.)

you dont understand the concept of spiritual realms.

it means that there are regions where people have a certain type of thinking
Activity: 325
Merit: 26
February 05, 2019, 11:29:52 PM
Religion and politics should never interfere with each other, there should always be a separation of church and state

And what will you do with religions, such as Islam, in which one cannot separate the two? (At least not in it's current form.)

Islam may change and become a tolerant, multi-cultural religion accepting those of different faiths as well as atheists and apostates. (But I don't see it in the near future.)
February 05, 2019, 09:26:44 PM

Cool

Ive read it from beginning to end, so i know whats in there.
To be a Christian is to put Jesus and His teachings above ALL things. Especially above the traditions of man and of this world.

How many churches do you know of that celebrate Christmas, Easter and other pagan holidays?
Did you ever learn of their origins?

And, how many Christians do you know of that celebrate birthdays?

Some facts about the orgins of Birthdays:

• Why do we celebrate birthdays?

The idea of celebrating the date of your birth is a pagan tradition. In fact, many Christians didn’t celebrate birthdays historically, because of that link to paganism.

Pagans thought that evil spirits lurked on days of major changes, like the day you turn a year older.

The ancient Greeks believed that each person had a spirit that attended his or her birth, and kept watch. That spirit “had a mystic relation with the God on whose birthday the individual was born,” says the book The Lore of Birthdays.

• Why do we blow out candles on our birthday?

The candles were a response to the evil spirits. They showed up to communicate with the gods. A light, in the darkness.

The Germans are credited with starting the kids birthday tradition in the 1700s. They put candles on tortes for “kinderfeste,” one for each year of life, along with some extras to signify upcoming years.

• Why do we sing “Happy Birthday To You?”

It’s the most recognizable song in the English language, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, and it started as a song for schoolkids.

In 1893, two Kentucky schoolteachers, Patty and Mildred Hill wrote “Good Morning To All.” The tune was published in a book for schoolteachers.

It’s unclear who changed the words to “Happy Birthday To You,” but in 1933, that song was in an Irving Berlin musical. One of the Hill’s sisters sued, arguing that they held the copyright to the song. They won the case, and the courts have ruled that copyright still holds today.

In fact, some believe the song is under copyright until 2030. The owner of the copyright splits proceeds with the Hill’s estate, reportedly $2 million a year.

legendary
February 05, 2019, 09:05:33 PM
Most churches and Christians now days couldn't even be considered as 'Christian', and should rather be considered as pagan instead.
They just like to hide behind the banner of Christian because it gives the perception of being 'loving' and 'caring'.
Does a group of satanists masquerading as Christians make them Christian?
Or does a group of Chinese pretending to be African make them African?
Of course not.
And neither does a bunch of pagans prancing around as Christians represent Christianity.

Cool
February 05, 2019, 08:29:02 PM
Most churches and Christians now days couldn't even be considered as 'Christian', and should rather be considered as pagan instead.
They just like to hide behind the banner of Christian because it gives the perception of being 'loving' and 'caring'.
Does a group of satanists masquerading as Christians make them Christian?
Or does a group of Chinese pretending to be African make them African?
Of course not.
And neither does a bunch of pagans prancing around as Christians represent actual Christianity.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338
Slava Ukraini!
February 05, 2019, 06:51:07 PM
I think that even churces become more and more commercial. In my country they have fixed prices for everything - mass, funreal, wedding. You simply can't donate how much do you want. And then we priest driving new Tesla car. Then I feel it's unfair that church aren't paying taxes.
In my country over 80% of people claims to be Christians. But only very few of them are really religious. Others just visit church on Christmas or Easter because it's tradition and etc. It's just not accepted by our society, especially by older generations that you can be atheist.
legendary
February 05, 2019, 04:19:23 PM

There are mainly two slave-tax collectors (oppressors) in today's world namely state and church (back in the day it used to be fused together, but fortunately Galileo Galilei - amongst many others - made some startling discoveries that upset and irritated the status quo of the almighty church despots of his time, and thereby consequently changed the course of history that led to the inevitable growing apart of these two oppressing slave masters).

Consequently, in today's world, you are taxed forcefully by the state, slave master number 1, which understandably also collects the most taxes, even up to and over 50% in some jurisdictions, whereas the church oppressors (slave master number 2) had to settle for second place (in the old world they ruled supreme, you will not believe how almighty these church administrators used to be) with a much lower voluntary tax bracket of roughly 10% (but with a non-calculated benefit of thousands upon thousands of hours of free labor which could be added and would probably push the percentage up quite a bit). Actually, [*on a side note], to state the church tax as voluntary is not quite accurate, as there are forceful aspects to this tax collection, albeit not physical force, as is the case with the state.

Christianity is all about separating native and gullible from their money.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wealthiest_organizations

Is it any wonder of all the institutions, foundations, companies and organizations, the religious organizations are the only ones whose worth are counted in billions?

Religions don't take you to court when you don't give to them. But if they do, it's because you agreed that they can do this.

Cool
Activity: 441
Merit: 278
It's personal
February 05, 2019, 03:05:11 PM

There are mainly two slave-tax collectors (oppressors) in today's world namely state and church (back in the day it used to be fused together, but fortunately Galileo Galilei - amongst many others - made some startling discoveries that upset and irritated the status quo of the almighty church despots of his time, and thereby consequently changed the course of history that led to the inevitable growing apart of these two oppressing slave masters).

Consequently, in today's world, you are taxed forcefully by the state, slave master number 1, which understandably also collects the most taxes, even up to and over 50% in some jurisdictions, whereas the church oppressors (slave master number 2) had to settle for second place (in the old world they ruled supreme, you will not believe how almighty these church administrators used to be) with a much lower voluntary tax bracket of roughly 10% (but with a non-calculated benefit of thousands upon thousands of hours of free labor which could be added and would probably push the percentage up quite a bit). Actually, [*on a side note], to state the church tax as voluntary is not quite accurate, as there are forceful aspects to this tax collection, albeit not physical force, as is the case with the state.

Is it any wonder of all the institutions, foundations, companies and organizations, the religious organizations are the only ones whose worth are counted in billions?
legendary
February 05, 2019, 02:02:11 AM
It seems religious segregation is not helping the progress of the world. Many  leaders claim to be Christians but it's funny how greedy they are in reality. Some churches are also making matters worse. For instance some churches in the major cities are obviously for the rich in society only, from all intentions and indications, the less privileged are not welcomed. Honestly, If you don't have money, you are seen as a nuisance in those kind of churches believed to be for the elite in the society.  I thought christianity is about love.  

So that the Christians can gain a better place in Heaven for using their money to bring more treasure to God... the treasure of more souls.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
February 04, 2019, 04:51:30 PM
It seems religious segregation is not helping the progress of the world. Many  leaders claim to be Christians but it's funny how greedy they are in reality. Some churches are also making matters worse. For instance some churches in the major cities are obviously for the rich in society only, from all intentions and indications, the less privileged are not welcomed. Honestly, If you don't have money, you are seen as a nuisance in those kind of churches believed to be for the elite in the society.  I thought christianity is about love.  

Christianity is all about separating naive and gullible from their money.

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
February 04, 2019, 01:51:03 PM
interesting chart, but well its not wondering me, people that are not religious are very much focused on gaining stuff in their lives.

So are the religious people. Everyone is doing a more or less same thing in some point of his-her life, and this is not a bad thing per se. unless one doing meditation in the Himalayas.

jes but religious people do their accounting for stuff in this world and another one while atheistic people purely think and accounting for this world alone.

so they are more selfish and less spenderous (hope its right englisch word)
Pages:
Jump to: