Pages:
Author

Topic: Today's youth. - page 2. (Read 4515 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I never hashed for this...
November 20, 2011, 02:22:21 AM
I'll be open: I've sampled weed, LSD, alchohol, cigarettes the works yet never has it consumed me. I never become dependent on substances or anything for that matter. The only "destructive behavior" I have experienced thus far are the suicidal thoughts and depression I live with daily and that has only built me. I don't think I am going down this purported path any time soon.

You can only get addicted to cigarettes and alcohol really

..and if you are still an objectivist you haven't taken enough LSD. Or maybe you took  too much. Either way, not the right amount
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
November 20, 2011, 02:21:13 AM
Yeah, I remember feeling stuck as the mature one among a sea of stupid, stuck-up, vapid, and immature 17 year olds, too. Was a pretty shitty experience. But, oh well. A lot of them are much worse off that I am now. Them being stupid and immature as teenagers just turns into them being stupid and immature as employees and family members when they grow up. Same drama, fighting, and totally idiotic life choices, just different settings. I end up having a nice, polite, and loving relationship in my family, where we are considered the "well off" ones, then end up fighting all the time about stupid shit, and declaring bankruptsy, or just never having enough money for anything. People don't change much when they grow up, either. Immature at 17 is still immature at 40. The only thing that changes is people either forget how, or are too tired, to have fun when they grow up.

And no, greyhawk, I didn't endulge then, and I'm still not endulging now. Others I know endulged then, and are still endulging now 15 years later.

Btw, I should add that, in my case, I resented the immature idiots in private. Mostly.

Also:
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
November 20, 2011, 01:25:34 AM
17 year olds 1,000 years back were dumb shits. 17 year olds 100 years ago were dumb shits.

17 year olds these days know more than a typical schoolteacher did a few decades back.
Some of them are brighter than most current adults will ever be, thanks to their open attitudes, unlimited access to internet resources etc.

What does it say about the world humans achieved pretty much nothing for millions of years, but went to the moon, and already sending probes to distant planets in such a short timeframe after the 60-70's?

Today's youth? (Let's say 17-30) No contest between the youth 'back in the day'...
Todays youth is actually worth something.
They are starting revolutions all around the world against unjust dictators, finding new cures for diseases, inventing unimaginable technologies, cryptocurrencies, social responsibility programs, resisting Wall Street's authority as God on all worldy issues, discovering unknown planets, while old people try to resist in shock & vain.

So if you're young.. Don't ever be put down by those old farts. Chances are your perception of reality is already at a much higher level than they will ever achieve.
You are already living a life unimaginable ever before in history for someone so young.

Put it to good use, savour the fact you are finally separated from a wild animal only scavenging food to live another day.
Fight your depression and make your reality a better place one piece at a time.

If there ever was a generation of living species deserving eternal life it's yours. And be careful because you might just get what you wish for some day..

17 year olds in the 40's dreamed of going to the moon and did. 17 year olds today can't wait to login to facebook. atlas if i handed you a slide rule could you use it?

Not only can I use a slide rule, I also knit and crochet. A couple weeks ago I asked a couple seniors in high school what's the third planet from the sun. There answer: We haven't covered that yet. WTF!!!
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
November 20, 2011, 12:49:34 AM
Other topics that might be of interest to bitcoiners.

(some sort of "Cool Story Bro" reply)

Edit: A quick survey of your history show that 95% of you post are One-liners. / NOT THAT I HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST THAT !
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 20, 2011, 12:05:49 AM
17 year olds 1,000 years back were dumb shits. 17 year olds 100 years ago were dumb shits.

17 year olds these days know more than a typical schoolteacher did a few decades back.
Some of them are brighter than most current adults will ever be, thanks to their open attitudes, unlimited access to internet resources etc.

What does it say about the world humans achieved pretty much nothing for millions of years, but went to the moon, and already sending probes to distant planets in such a short timeframe after the 60-70's?

Today's youth? (Let's say 17-30) No contest between the youth 'back in the day'...
They are starting revolutions all around the world against unjust dictators, finding new cures for diseases, inventing unimaginable technologies, cryptocurrencies, social responsibility programs, resisting Wall Street's authority as God on all worldy issues, discovering unknown planets, while old people try to resist in shock & vain.

So if you're young.. Don't ever be put down by those old farts. Chances are your perception of reality is already at a much higher level than they will ever achieve.
You are already living a life unimaginable ever before in history for someone so young.

Put it to good use, savour the fact you are finally separated from a wild animal only scavenging food to live another day.

If there ever was a generation of living species deserving eternal life it's yours. And be careful because you might just get what you wish for some day..

17 year olds in the 40's dreamed of going to the moon and did. 17 year olds today can't wait to login to facebook. atlas if i handed you a slide rule could you use it?

After reading the wikipedia page on it, now I can.
Activity: 462
It's all about the game, and how you play it
November 20, 2011, 12:01:23 AM

November 19, 2011, 11:32:04 PM

They are starting revolutions all around the world against unjust dictators, finding new cures for diseases, inventing unimaginable technologies, cryptocurrencies, social responsibility programs, resisting Wall Street's authority as God on all worldy issues, while old people try to resist in shock & vain.

Wisdom.
November 19, 2011, 11:30:10 PM
I'll be open: I've sampled weed, LSD, alchohol, cigarettes the works yet never has it consumed me. I never become dependent on substances or anything for that matter. The only "destructive behavior" I have experienced thus far are the suicidal thoughts and depression I live with daily and that has only built me. I don't think I am going down this purported path any time soon.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
November 19, 2011, 09:55:00 PM
Because everyone did. The ones who insisted on how they didn't and never would were the ones to indulge later and harder and more self-destructive than the ones who got it out of their system at an early age. This has happened a thousand times before and you are not an exception regardless of how much you believe it to be true.

This...
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
November 19, 2011, 09:34:28 PM
Because everyone did. The ones who insisted on how they didn't and never would were the ones to indulge later and harder and more self-destructive than the ones who got it out of their system at an early age. This has happened a thousand times before and you are not an exception regardless of how much you believe it to be true.
November 19, 2011, 07:50:20 PM
...is an almost certain indicator you'll indulge in some thing or another at some point in your life.

How so? Heh.
Activity: 308
November 19, 2011, 06:38:35 PM
You're 17, you haven't "skipped over this phase". Acting like you're better than everyone else over it, like some straight-edge doucher, is an almost certain indicator you'll indulge in some thing or another at some point in your life.
Activity: 774
Look ARROUND!
November 19, 2011, 05:37:14 PM
Anyways, if you think driving impaired is fine until there is an accident, I guess you're entitled to that moral preference. I won't stand under it though.

Isn't that exactly what you did though?  You had knowledge that someone was driving impaired, and instead of doing something about it, you made a vanity post to wax nostalgic about "Today's youth".
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
November 19, 2011, 05:36:41 PM
So, it's 1 in the morning and I go on Facebook to play with the high and drunken boys and girls pissing their nights away. One girl admits she is higher than cloud 9 and then tells me she is off to drive to get some food after hap-hazardously and drunkenly sharing blackmail-worthy conversation.

I am starting to wonder if it ethical for me to hear this happen and let it pass with little intervention. I'm more concerned for other lives than the choices this girl is making.

Unremorsefully, I hate this kind of youth. I'm glad I skipped over this phase.

So you support the laws that criminalize operating a motor vehicle in a state that makes an individual more likely to have an accident, even though she didn't "aggress" against anyone and no crash would be a purposeful act.

But at the same time, you relentlessly attack the laws that prevent companies from purposefully putting the lives of their workers and customers at risk.

I guess you're only for individual liberties if the individual in question happens to be a Captain of Industry.
Activity: 350
I never hashed for this...
November 19, 2011, 05:23:33 PM
So, it's 1 in the morning and I go on Facebook to play with the high and drunken boys and girls pissing their nights away. One girl admits she is higher than cloud 9 and then tells me she is off to drive to get some food after hap-hazardously and drunkenly sharing blackmail-worthy conversation.

I am starting to wonder if it ethical for me to hear this happen and let it pass with little intervention. I'm more concerned for other lives than the choices this girl is making.

Unremorsefully, I hate this kind of youth. I'm glad I skipped over this phase.

Yes, good on you for constantly displaying far greater judgement than any of your less mature but similar-aged peers

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
November 19, 2011, 02:43:41 PM
If you are thinking of intervening with people's business no matter if it's against the law, i will personally come and impair you where you stand.

There's police for this sort of job, if she comits a crime, and the police catch her, then it's her fault. If she doesn't get stopped by the police then untill the day comes she will drink and drive.

If my personal morality
Your personal morality is of no interest to me.
November 19, 2011, 02:39:59 PM
Anyways, if you think driving impaired is fine until there is an accident, I guess you're entitled to that moral preference. I won't stand under it though.

Another troll thread..

ffs man, go outside and get some air, and chase those "girls"

jesus, you need get off your high horse and find a different hobby other than making useless gripes on a bitcoin forum

Nonsense! Griping is healthy! ..and I don't like your name! It sounds like you're an ESL teacher. Your picture of bruce campbell is stupid too! Fuck you! I AM ORIGINAL AND ALMIGHTY! I AM UNREMORSEFUL!

Cheesy

ESL teacher.. now thats funny Smiley

Edit -

I am unremorsefully unoriginal in my profile pic! Smiley
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
November 19, 2011, 02:23:44 PM

Another troll thread..

jesus, you need get off your high horse and find a different hobby other than making useless gripes on a bitcoin forum

Nonsense! Griping is healthy! ..and I don't like your name! It sounds like you're an ESL teacher. Your picture of bruce campbell is stupid too! Fuck you! I AM ORIGINAL AND ALMIGHTY! I AM UNREMORSEFUL!
November 19, 2011, 02:17:12 PM

Another troll thread..

November 19, 2011, 02:13:09 PM
Pages:
Jump to: