Pages:
Author

Topic: Today's youth. - page 3. (Read 4515 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 19, 2011, 02:11:01 PM
So, it's 1 in the morning and I go on Facebook to play with the high and drunken boys and girls pissing their nights away. One girl admits she is higher than cloud 9 and then tells me she is off to drive to get some food after hap-hazardously and drunkenly sharing blackmail-worthy conversation.

I am starting to wonder if it ethical for me to hear this happen and let it pass with little intervention. I'm more concerned for other lives than the choices this girl is making.

Unremorsefully, I hate this kind of youth. I'm glad I skipped over this phase.

While your peers are having fun, you're on the internet at 1am specifically to look for something to make you feel better about yourself.  You don't think anyone is actually in danger, nor do you care.  You just want to make a post here so we can pat you on your head and tell you how good of a person you are.
Yes, Jalum, you have me all figured out. Bravo. So let's assume you're right: My self-esteem is dependent upon a humble Bitcoin forum. Now what? Does that make you feel better about yourself? Heh.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
November 19, 2011, 01:45:47 PM
I can sum all of this up in one quick quote

"kids these days know dick"

Well, they may look like it, but I'm sure not ALL of them are gay.

Or are they?  Huh
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
BTCRadio Owner
November 19, 2011, 01:17:21 PM
I can sum all of this up in one quick quote

"kids these days know dick"
Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Look ARROUND!
November 19, 2011, 12:12:18 PM
So, it's 1 in the morning and I go on Facebook to play with the high and drunken boys and girls pissing their nights away. One girl admits she is higher than cloud 9 and then tells me she is off to drive to get some food after hap-hazardously and drunkenly sharing blackmail-worthy conversation.

I am starting to wonder if it ethical for me to hear this happen and let it pass with little intervention. I'm more concerned for other lives than the choices this girl is making.

While your peers are having fun, you're on the internet at 1am specifically to look for something to make you feel better about yourself.  You don't think anyone is actually in danger, nor do you care.  You just want to make a post here so we can pat you on your head and tell you how good of a person you are.
Activity: 955
Merit: 1002
November 19, 2011, 08:37:06 AM
If you are thinking of intervening with people's business no matter if it's against the law, i will personally come and impair you where you stand.

There's police for this sort of job, if she comits a crime, and the police catch her, then it's her fault. If she doesn't get stopped by the police then untill the day comes she will drink and drive.

If my personal morality includes interfering in other peoples lives then I reserve the right to do so - and then you have the right to come and impair me where I stand and then I have the right to defend myself (etc). Even if I don't happen to have the right I may very well do what the hell I like anyway.
The law doesn't define morality (and definitely doesn;t define mine) - if my friend is killing themselves doing drugs I would tell them my opinion. I'm free to do so and he's free to ignore me.
I reserve the right to do whatever I like - including interfering in other people's live.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
November 19, 2011, 07:06:37 AM
If you are thinking of intervening with people's business no matter if it's against the law, i will personally come and impair you where you stand.

There's police for this sort of job, if she comits a crime, and the police catch her, then it's her fault. If she doesn't get stopped by the police then untill the day comes she will drink and drive.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
November 19, 2011, 04:21:21 AM

Isn't it non-libertarian to try and stop people from doing things they want to do?
It is. A impaired driver killing or harming you is doing just that.

Derp derp fallacy detected. No one got hurt by her though.  Roll Eyes
November 19, 2011, 03:49:12 AM

Isn't it non-libertarian to try and stop people from doing things they want to do?
It is. A impaired driver killing or harming you is doing just that.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
November 19, 2011, 03:48:11 AM

November 19, 2011, 03:14:13 AM

Pages:
Jump to: