Pages:
Author

Topic: Too late to start a mining rig? - page 2. (Read 2032 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 296
Cashback 15%
June 22, 2022, 02:14:51 PM
It's a good time to start buying coins instead using DCA, as for graphic cards it's not a good time at all, profits are down but graphics cards are barely at MSRP or a little under, this isn't a good time, you need patience if mining is your goal and you haven't already buy your graphic cards since early this year or last year.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
June 22, 2022, 01:59:58 PM
Why buy video cards now when prices will be much lower in August or September?
The profit is very small, the return on investment is more than 18 months now, and after the end of Ethereum mining, it is very long. Maybe buy ethereum while it's cheap.
Even though I care about accumulating as many coins as possible, not fiat profit, it's a bad time to purchase a video card because I can most likely get more video cards with the same cash late this year. I also want to see if PoS happens this year. If it happens, that's good because video cards will be even cheaper. Then I can really collect ERG/FLUX/YEC over time.
It depends on the cost of electricity. If you have more than 5 cents per kilowatt, then it will be more profitable for you to buy cryptocurrency. You will not be able to compete with other miners. If Ethereum mining does not end this year, then it will be even better for all miners.
Activity: 182
Merit: 152
June 22, 2022, 12:44:01 PM
The profit is very small, the return on investment is more than 18 months now, and after the end of Ethereum mining, it is very long. Maybe buy ethereum while it's cheap.
Even though I care about accumulating as many coins as possible, not fiat profit, it's a bad time to purchase a video card because I can most likely get more video cards with the same cash late this year. I also want to see if PoS happens this year. If it happens, that's good because video cards will be even cheaper. Then I can really collect ERG/FLUX/YEC over time.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
June 22, 2022, 11:30:33 AM
June 22, 2022, 10:58:18 AM
the evga 3060ti are now 479 new direct from evga.
buy 2 cards now and see how things are in a month.\
Why are you recommending that people buy cards now? GPU prices haven't really budged compared to last week, right before the big crypto crash. Prices play catch-up with the profitability level, which has been cut in half after last week's crash for a 10¢ miner. The price can easily go from $479 to $400 in a matter of weeks.
June 22, 2022, 10:56:02 AM
What's the price for the Non LHR RTX 3060Ti? Also some one I knew said there aren't any new none LHR 3060ti anymore, how true is this? Because I want to convert all my small graphic cards gfx 1660s to 3060ti FHR.
There is no performance difference between LHR and FHR anymore. If anything, FHR will be cheaper since many gamers think they are more likely to have been mined on. If LHR and FHR were priced the same, I would choose LHR because it's more likely to be newer, therefore it should last longer.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
June 22, 2022, 01:44:42 AM

they unlock to 58-62 mh

buy 2 cards now and see how things are in a month.

I have a code for them 3% off.
What's the price for the Non LHR RTX 3060Ti? Also some one I knew said there aren't any new none LHR 3060ti anymore, how true is this? Because I want to convert all my small graphic cards gfx 1660s to 3060ti FHR.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
June 22, 2022, 01:42:41 AM
You already bought the parts right? Now its too late to go back, you must have understood that crypto season is bad right now and profits are greatly affected, I am earning less than 6$ with 300MH right now, if you are fine with this then you are welcome.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
June 21, 2022, 08:55:02 PM

they unlock to 58-62 mh

buy 2 cards now and see how things are in a month.

I have a code for them 3% off.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 960
June 21, 2022, 08:44:15 PM
~snip~
That is what I thought 3 months ago, but the video cards I purchased for $530 are now worth $330. There was a huge price drop last week, but video card prices have not caught up with the crash. Wait 2 months before building a mining rig at the very least

You can't realistically mine Bitcoin with a GPU.

You can mine altcoins and sell them for Bitcoin, or you can rent your altcoin hashpower and get paid for Bitcoin.

But those things are different, and depend on the price of the altcoins.
June 21, 2022, 04:43:55 PM
This would actually be a good time as some panic has set in and there have been and will be drops in difficulty resulting in more coins for your rig's effort.  A good time to stack and HODL coins to be in a better position for the next bull run which may be some time away.
That is what I thought 3 months ago, but the video cards I purchased for $530 are now worth $330. There was a huge price drop last week, but video card prices have not caught up with the crash. Wait 2 months before building a mining rig at the very least
Activity: 2394
Merit: 586
June 21, 2022, 03:13:25 PM
This would actually be a good time as some panic has set in and there have been and will be drops in difficulty resulting in more coins for your rig's effort.  A good time to stack and HODL coins to be in a better position for the next bull run which may be some time away.
June 14, 2022, 08:35:50 AM
Not if you have already bought the parts. Choose a pool and get cracking.

Would betting be better?

You can still "bet" with a miner though.

Instead of joining a mining pool, where you get paid a small amount every few hours/days, you could configure your miner to solo mine.

The odds of finding a block are extremely low with a single miner, but any miner can get a block, and you can get lucky. Even at the first try!.

Or alternatively you end up with zero, forever.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
June 14, 2022, 07:44:19 AM
Not if you have already bought the parts. Choose a pool and get cracking.

Would betting be better?
June 14, 2022, 06:10:21 AM
~snip~
When you say "Even the smallest USB ASIC miner will be thousands of times better than a great GPU, so you can't realistically mine Bitcoin with a GPU", could you suggest a model and approximate price? I am asking this because I have been mining BTC using Nicehash since last year with 8x 3080s!

You haven't been mining BTC using Nicehash with GPUs.

You have been lending your GPU altcoin hashrate to someone else, and they're paying you in Bitcoin. That's how Nicehash works.

To actually mine Bitcoin, you need to do sha-256 calculations. ASICs are way better than GPUs for that.

A Compac F, which is a small USB ASIC does about 300GH/s, and it sells for about $200-300.

An Apollo BTC, which is a somewhat larger yet still silent, perfect for home, does about 3+TH/s, and it sells for about $500-600.

A GPU is not really comparable because it will be usually hashing altcoins, which have different difficulties. But for SHA-256, they're way worse than any of those ASICs.
Activity: 37
Merit: 3
June 14, 2022, 05:33:56 AM
I just purchased some parts from NewEgg and TigerDirect. Is it too late to start mining? :C

NewEgg will take 2 days to get here, while 3 days with TigerDirect.

Also, should I start with a lot of hardware? Or start small and buy more as you earn more Bitcoins.

Based on the websites you bought your "miner" I'm guessing you want to mine with a GPU with a custom made PC.

Even the smallest USB ASIC miner will be thousands of times better than a great GPU, so you can't realistically mine Bitcoin with a GPU.

You can however mine altcoins with a GPU/CPU. But for that you'll have to post in the Alt Mining section: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0

When you say "Even the smallest USB ASIC miner will be thousands of times better than a great GPU, so you can't realistically mine Bitcoin with a GPU", could you suggest a model and approximate price? I am asking this because I have been mining BTC using Nicehash since last year with 8x 3080s!
June 08, 2022, 10:52:11 AM
This is the worst time for building a GPU mining rig. Not only are we in a bear market, but ETH PoS might be coming soon. Video cards are still priced above MSRP. Do not build a rig until you can buy video cards for a discount.
June 08, 2022, 09:36:47 AM
I just purchased some parts from NewEgg and TigerDirect. Is it too late to start mining? :C

Also, should I start with a lot of hardware? Or start small and buy more as you earn more Bitcoins.

Based on the websites you bought your "miner" I'm guessing you want to mine with a GPU with a custom made PC.

Even the smallest USB ASIC miner will be thousands of times better than a great GPU, so you can't realistically mine Bitcoin with a GPU.

You can however mine altcoins with a GPU/CPU. But for that you'll have to post in the Alt Mining section: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
June 08, 2022, 08:12:56 AM
Do you have a good mining rigs frame to recommend?
Any of the Canaan Avalon miners would be an excellent choice.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
June 08, 2022, 06:28:43 AM

Do you have a good mining rigs frame to recommend?
Pages:
Jump to: