Pages:
Author

Topic: Too late to start a mining rig? - page 3. (Read 2032 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
June 07, 2011, 12:03:16 AM
I just purchased some parts from NewEgg and TigerDirect. Is it too late to start mining? :C

NewEgg will take 2 days to get here, while 3 days with TigerDirect.

Also, should I start with a lot of hardware? Or start small and buy more as you earn more Bitcoins.
I asked that question as well but I do not have enough to start tomorrow Sad I would say go for it if you can start before the next difficulty increase, because I bet that one will be 70-90% increase...

The difficulty can not increase 70-90%.  If there was a supply of video cards it would make economic sense to buy them but they are sold out in most places.  A 70% increase would need to be 70% of the 5 terrahashes already out there.  I think difficulty will go up at a max of 30%. 

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
June 06, 2011, 11:55:43 PM
I just purchased some parts from NewEgg and TigerDirect. Is it too late to start mining? :C

Also, should I start with a lot of hardware? Or start small and buy more as you earn more Bitcoins.
I asked that question as well but I do not have enough to start tomorrow Sad I would say go for it if you can start before the next difficulty increase, because I bet that one will be 70-90% increase...
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
June 06, 2011, 11:49:05 PM
Not if you have already bought the parts. Choose a pool and get cracking.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
June 06, 2011, 11:48:12 PM

Pages:
Jump to: