Pages:
Author

Topic: Too many AI projects (?) - page 4. (Read 590 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 15
HodL!
March 17, 2018, 10:19:02 AM
There is a small amount of AI projects compared to monetary coins. If you want to talk about over saturation, look at all of the crap coins that have been produced.

There are probably 2000 blockchain coins/tokens out there and a extremely small amount are AI.  It's anyone's guess which one will survive, time will tell.

I have some DBC, but not worried if it tanks...
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
March 17, 2018, 09:48:44 AM
Most of the AI projects will die out before developing anything.  AI devs are in extremely high demand and really only the projects that raised tens of millions will be able to afford to keep them long enough to develop a product.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
March 17, 2018, 08:53:16 AM
I think that many projects are choosing AI as a market because it's new and people are curious how it will be developed. I invest in almost all of them.
There are too many ICO's anyway and just few are for AI. If you look the stats, there are over 200 new ICO's every single months.
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
March 17, 2018, 07:59:06 AM
Ye I would agree. I don't think the technology is at a point that justifies the amount of AI projects that we see
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
March 17, 2018, 07:45:54 AM
That is just the sad reality of the crypto space. Too many copycats out there trying to milk the system and adding no value. And this problem is not just with Artificial Intelligence based blockchain projects it. Take a look at Masternodes for example, there are over 174 of Masternodes coins competing against each other with each one saying their idea sounds great.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
March 17, 2018, 07:41:31 AM
There are too many ICOs at all, not just with AI;) Looks like they just found High Tech dictionary) "smart contract, decentralization, anonymity, AI, blockchain" in every post) No working product, monetization just hype and price speculation)  
Activity: 1022
Merit: 535
March 17, 2018, 07:04:45 AM
yeah i totally agree. there are so many icos and projects about artificial intelligence. Actually people stopped to invest in those kind of project so sooner or later the quantity of those similar projects are going to reduce organically.
gon
Activity: 460
Merit: 251
March 17, 2018, 06:59:16 AM
I also thin that the AI projects are over-hyped. But it's normal to have many of them because it's a new and modern niche and every business now is trying to implement AI in one way or another. 

AI, Finance and VR/AR are the winning niches for next 2-4 years.
Activity: 27
Merit: 2
March 17, 2018, 05:20:33 AM
Hi, i just want to here some opinions from you guys, regarding the fact that theres a LOT of AI + blockchain projects in the crypto space.

I have the feeling that AI is - again - hyped, and everyone wants to hop on the train, to get a piece of the cake somehow.
Right now, we have quite famous projects out there, that are already listed on CMC, like DeepBrain Chain, SingularityNET, Bottos, Matrix AI Network...
And then theres a lot of other new ICOs, like Effect.AI, Synapse AI, Synthetics AI, Neurochain, DML, and so on...
Everyone is trying to hype his own project, where he has invested in, saying AI +  blockchain is the future, your idea sounds great, i'm going to invest.
It seems to me, as if these people just don't realize, that theres already way too much competition.
How are all these coins supposed to survive in the future when they are facing like 10 or 20 direct competitors.

Really interested in hearing your thoughts on this. Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: