Pages:
Author

Topic: Too many exchanges? - page 25. (Read 21343 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
September 18, 2018, 09:51:42 PM
Now a day for bitcoin many exchange. I couldn't think of a downside as of now. But yeah, hopefully we get more decentralized exchanges in the future.
Activity: 952
Merit: 107
September 18, 2018, 09:36:14 PM
the benefit is that each exchange will give a profit for every user, especially for the exchange owner. and the negative impact is that each exchange will easily affect the crypto world volatility.

but in my opinion, more exchange will make us easier to control and compare each crypto price.
Many exchange can help us to find best among them and it helps for the improvement of each exchange especially in terms of security. You can choose exchange which can make fast transactions with lessen fees. Price of coins in every exchange is different is an advantage for those who trade to gain profit for short term.
Activity: 490
Merit: 12
September 18, 2018, 09:34:43 PM
Having many exchanges isn't a bad idea but how reliable and secure are the exchanges? of course there are growing numbers of Cryptos users and definitely there is going to be more demands for particularly decentralized exchanges and the credibility of those exchanges should not be questionable so as to bring confidence in to the system.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
September 18, 2018, 09:26:33 PM
it's good to have a lot of exchanges for where you want to replace your token or coin being held because not all your tokens are in exchanges too many tokens are not in the market or exchange because the company is denied that token. good that many exchanges
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
September 18, 2018, 08:06:01 PM
We are seeing more and more exchanges nowadays. Is it beneficial to the community if we have more of these? What do you think are the benefits and/or the negative impact on having too many exchanges?

with the existence of many exchanges this will certainly bring many benefits, usually we can use this to arbitrate if there is a suitable pair (even though the new exchange usually does not provide it). what is less preferred is, for the future there will be more and more new coins or tokens being released and thus this makes crypto even more complicated in its use
Yes, I agree with you, in my opinion also with now there are many exchange markets present to take advantage when Cryptocurrency is popular all over the world it is very good, because for me it is very profitable for Arbit coin if the price is unstable in other markets. and the negative impact of many exchanges now, in my opinion, is not so great. instead, more and more exchanges are becoming more attractive in trade.
Activity: 134
Merit: 2
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
September 18, 2018, 07:58:30 PM
I don¨t think there can be to many really, there will simply fail if that is the case. The main thing is that we have 2000 projects, which cant be traded on 1 exchange so we actually require quiet a few! If we also think that adoption will speed up, we will need many of them to simply supply the demand, a few large exchanges cant handle it all i' d say.

It will also promote new solutions and a competitive market so all in all it is a good thing to see all the exchanges start up.

Peace!
Merit: 102
September 18, 2018, 07:58:02 PM
many exchanges are actually good
because it will increase attention to crypto
because every exchange is in a different country
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
September 18, 2018, 07:54:58 PM
ordinarily i'd say "any competition is good competition". but the truth is, at some point of saturation, consumers gain nothing.

i think what's happening now is that secondary incentives have developed in the market. running an exchange is lucrative because listing fees have gotten so high---it's not just about trading fees anymore. by the same token, ICO companies are desperate to have their tokens listed somewhere, which creates demand for these new exchanges.

so it's no longer just about organic supply and demand for cryptocurrencies. i'm not sure how long this trend can last.

Many exchanges = more competition = better exchanges

I'd prefer many choices rather than just a small number of exchanges handling majority of the cryptocurrency market. I couldn't think of a downside as of now.

as long as the order books are thick. if you spread traders and market makers around too much, that makes for thin markets, more slippage and higher volatility.
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
September 18, 2018, 07:53:54 PM
I believe that there  are two sides of the coin, there are both positive and negative sides of the exchanges. I think the numerous exchanges can help promote a healthy competition among the exchanges so they can improve upon their  customer services. On the other hand, if care is not taken some exchanges might end up promoting coins using the pump and dump method.
Activity: 597
September 18, 2018, 07:52:55 PM
Yes, I feel like the same, too many exchanges and most of the exchanges are not good. Maybe they only want to make a profit from the exchanges. That's why I don't believe any exchange hack! Because who knows if the owner of the exchanges steal money and claim that a hacker hacked the exchange?
Activity: 812
Merit: 101
September 18, 2018, 07:49:52 PM
the benefit is that each exchange will give a profit for every user, especially for the exchange owner. and the negative impact is that each exchange will easily affect the crypto world volatility.

but in my opinion, more exchange will make us easier to control and compare each crypto price.
Activity: 200
Merit: 1
September 18, 2018, 07:49:10 PM
yes, of course it will be very useful. Crypto exchange is always an icon that the existence of the crypto world still survive until today.

we can also createprofit from each exchange, because crypto values are always different in each exchange. for example, I bought a coin XRT at Bitforex at a low price, then I sold it at idex at a high price.
That is what is good to have many exchange because you can choose where the coin can get high price which is good for traders. However, different exchange has there own transaction fees which is everyone complaining for which is not good for all especially when you are getting small amount from it.
Activity: 503
Merit: 250
September 18, 2018, 07:32:40 PM
For me it is not good to have many exchanges.
Because having too many exchanges will limit the volume that affects the price.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 18, 2018, 07:12:27 PM
We are seeing more and more exchanges nowadays. Is it beneficial to the community if we have more of these? What do you think are the benefits and/or the negative impact on having too many exchanges?

The more the merrier, the problem is chances of getting scammed increases as some of these exchanges just disappear with all deposited funds.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
September 18, 2018, 07:08:17 PM
yes, of course it will be very useful. Crypto exchange is always an icon that the existence of the crypto world still survive until today.

we can also createprofit from each exchange, because crypto values are always different in each exchange. for example, I bought a coin XRT at Bitforex at a low price, then I sold it at idex at a high price.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
September 18, 2018, 06:58:14 PM
Merit for the good question.

I find it hard to open too many exchanges since different tokens are listed to where the owners want it to be.
They might be listening to their community but still the last decision will be theirs specially when there is a payment involved.

It is good for competition is a better way to see how healthy the a thing is or should be valued.
The problem is just like I said, not all are listed on every exchange.
💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲
September 18, 2018, 06:50:58 PM

with the existence of many exchanges this will certainly bring many benefits, usually we can use this to arbitrate if there is a suitable pair (even though the new exchange usually does not provide it). what is less preferred is, for the future there will be more and more new coins or tokens being released and thus this makes crypto even more complicated in its use
Activity: 554
Merit: 100
September 18, 2018, 06:38:17 PM
Yes it better to have many exchanges because if have a compitation between of them make sure that the value was high. Be careful of some exchanges don't trust easily search some legit exchanges because some of them was scam so before you exchange you coins make it sure that you conduct a verification of validation of that site and wait for the manager of some campaign the legit exchanges for you to be not a victim of those scammers.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1901
Shuffle.com
September 18, 2018, 06:32:42 PM
To my mind, it is better to keep coins now until the price for coins improves and becomes better. The market will definitely become green and this will happen in the nearest future. We will be able to witness this soon
Wtf is this post this doesn't make any sense to what OP said.

The only negative thing I see in this market is that, not all exchanges are worth to use, maybe people will be scammed later on if they continue to use small exchanges. Its good to have more options where to trade but don’t forget to play only in a secured exchange so your money will be safe.
Just because we see small exchanges doesn't mean they're a scam the big exchanges could do the same too (mtgox,wex). Also there's no such thing as a secured exchange that's why many people always recommended to not store any coins on exchanges when you're not trading.

This is the concern I could think of right now. The volume of a certain token will be divided to these exchanges thus making it not to be unattractive to users.
Maybe that is the reason why some coins/tokens are exclusive only to a certain exchange.
If it's divided then the most successful one should have the highest volume. When a token is listed by more than one exchange it gives the traders multiple options to choose exchanges that they prefer. 
copper member
Activity: 308
Merit: 0
September 18, 2018, 06:26:27 PM
I think this is a good opportunity for crypto market because when more and more exchanges coming there will be a good competition between them so only good exchanges will be left among traders.
Pages:
Jump to: